Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I always feel a little bad for the employees who set these up and have no one show up, not a large enough study to say anything, especially when your consider how popular online ordering is. 

It's the same deal with black friday and holiday shopping really.

Why go out and wait hours upon hours when you can sit comfortably at home, order it with not much stress, and have it in your hands a the same day or few days later.

• Like 4

Right about now... I really wish I had gone to a store instead of online ordered... still waiting for UPS.... USPS came like hours ago and I saw them drive off like half an hour after what seemed like the end of their route...  :rolleyes:

if your the guy who needs the phone in the AM and just cant wait for a PM delivery then the store is the way to go, in fact you could probably still get one in a carrier store, if you are not super picky about color or storage.

All sprint store systems are spotty today going in and out. Im trying to use boost website to activate a phone and its activation portal is down

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

not good timing...  :unsure:   But silver lining it might be down due the crushing volume of people porting to sprint! 

if your the guy who needs the phone in the AM and just cant wait for a PM delivery then the store is the way to go, in fact you could probably still get one in a carrier store, if you are not super picky about color or storage.

Nah, by the time I'd get there, the UPS one will be here.... They have to come before 5... it's a business address. 

This does make me a bit curious what the lines are like at T-Mobile.

Apple's inventory was so much better this year than in years past - I think most people preordered and had the phones shipped to their address. It's just way more convenient than having to wait in a line for a store to open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Right so does that mean when you return the 6s you pay the lease off or are they saying "oh just trade it in and you're good" then giving you the $1/mo offer. If it is the former then you're better off with the already discounted $15/mo (before legacy credit) and if it is the latter then who wouldn't take that deal?

Everyone I spoke to today was clear that you had to own the phone outright rather than be on an existing lease. I guess we still need clarification to work it's way through the system.

No go, just told you have to own the iPhone 6 outright to qualify for the $1 promo

BGR was really reaching with that article. I'm guessing they were figuring it will get people in there to bash Sprint. Sadly it's not working. I'm seeing comments from people saying and so was the other carrier stores. Even I drove past a few and they were dead. People are ordering online or going to the Apple Store especially since apple has this financing option outside of your carrier. My fav comment was "I use to laugh at sprint but my coverage is solid."

d0d0dba37d5d457b0b7bdf23060ab5e0.jpg

• Like 8

My fav comment was "I use to laugh at sprint but my coverage is solid."

I saw that on Reddit the other day and was kind of surprised. Someone said, in response to a "sprint hahaha bad speeds shoddy coverage" comment: "welcome to 2012-13. We've been enjoying awesome speeds lately."

• Like 7

I saw that on Reddit the other day and was kind of surprised. Someone said, in response to a "sprint hahaha bad speeds shoddy coverage" comment: "welcome to 2012-13. We've been enjoying awesome speeds lately."

Lol! The network is not as bad as people think it is. Is it going to be 100% everywhere? No..no provider is. But the network is not like it was in 2012-2013.

While I was waiting in line earlier today at the Sprint store, I overheard someone asking the rep why they were advertising Sprint's first place in Kansas City in a Baltimore store. The rep just responded "I wish I could answer that for you." Now that I think of it, it's pretty ridiculous. Huge advertisement saying how good the Sprint network is a thousand miles away? Come on.

• Like 2

While I was waiting in line earlier today at the Sprint store, I overheard someone asking the rep why they were advertising Sprint's first place in Kansas City in a Baltimore store. The rep just responded "I wish I could answer that for you." Now that I think of it, it's pretty ridiculous. Huge advertisement saying how good the Sprint network is a thousand miles away? Come on.

Yeah.. That does come across as 'the only market we could find ourselves first in'

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

While I was waiting in line earlier today at the Sprint store, I overheard someone asking the rep why they were advertising Sprint's first place in Kansas City in a Baltimore store. The rep just responded "I wish I could answer that for you." Now that I think of it, it's pretty ridiculous. Huge advertisement saying how good the Sprint network is a thousand miles away? Come on.

Print ad or televised? 

Oh, well that's awkward. Maybe it froze on the KC part of their national ad that shows Denver, Las Vegas and KC?

Possibly. Either way Denver and Vegas are even further from Baltimore. I think it would make more sense for the TVs to simply detail the upgrades here locally.

• Like 3

I think that is a bad analogy because it doesn't include the requirement to use services to get that free ride. The reason this is an issue is because T-Mobile effectively drives users on the network to certain providers of services such as the already mentioned music services. It also plays favorites with the Ookla Speedtest.net App being exempted but others such as Sensorly Speedtest are not. Thus it is no longer neutral in providing bandwidth as it disincentivizes apps that are not exempted and further it raises unfair barriers to entry for new apps that may have otherwise been on even footing aside from established apps having a larger userbase.

Sorry but I simply don't buy the 'no harm because it is free!' Line of thought on net neutrality because it is an incomplete line of thinking that assumes no potential harm is being done.

I don't feel that positive incentives are the same thing as negative penalties. As long as I can use the core service with the services I want I am fine with companies creating partnerships that add additional value.

Yes, I saw that.  The photo illustration is clearly not to scale.  If it were to scale, it would look like this...

wilt-chamberlain-willie-shoemaker.jpg

AJ

• Like 7

If Marcelo Claure and John Legere were ever to get in a fight, I don't think it would last long, nor go on past even a few seconds. Being that he is such a shady deceptive unfair prick, John Legere being just that, very likely would take a cheap shot at Marcelo by a swift kick below the belt, then John Legere would scamper away like a coward.

Then when the press covers the fight, John Legere would brag about how he beat Marcelo, etc. Also, if anyone were to confront John Legere about the cheap shot he made at Marcelo, John Legere would just sum it up as he's an "Unfighter", along with some extra gimmicky explanation of whatever, which the press and the Magentans would all get behind and bash Marcelo and Sprint with ridiculous illogical criticism.

Seriously though, better for Marcelo to avoid John Legere as much as possible. John Legere is nothing but a pest who just happened to get lucky being hired for the job he has. There are many more deserving people for that job who would do much better.

• Like 2

This does make me a bit curious what the lines are like at T-Mobile.

In the STL Metro, at Fairview and O'Fallon, when I went in, not much. But I have to attach a few caveats. 

First off, the employees did say that there was a crowd early. Then their supply sold out. The stores I went to had no Apple Watch either. St. Louis is not a market with any T-Mobile stores that are truly run by T-Mobile. They're run by Wireless Vision, a TPR reseller. Each and every one. The nearest "corporate" run store is in Springfield, an hour and a half north. That could explain T-Mobile's low market share, fast speeds, and not that crowded stores. T-Mobile should, IMO, take some of the stores back. At least leave a few that are run directly by corporate to keep Wireless Vision on their toes. This is good for the current T-Mobile users though. They're mainly uncongested pipes, running at 15x15. St. Louis has a really high number of cells for T-Mobile there too. It's denser than almost any Midwestern market, except maybe for Minneapolis where T-Mobile has 20x20 LTE and 700 MHz. Yet there's still some spots where fallback to HSPA+ is a thing. To their credit, they tied with Verizon the last few RootMetrics tests for first. Yet an inordinately large number of people, most I know there, still have AT&T. And AT&T has sucked for a while in St. Louis. 

But I am also seeing just as many spots where I fall off LTE on VZW in St. Louis, and Verizon has low band there. T-Mobile does not. I suspect that if Sprint can get a larger number of 2x CA sites here they could three way tie for first in the next Root test here. This is a bizarre T-Mobile market though, with no true corporate stores, no 700 MHz spectrum, and no mention of Extended Range LTE here. Yet with all that I'm seeing really good performance for T-Mobile here. It would be interesting to see what would happen if they really gave a shit about the STL market and got 700 MHz here. I would be looking forward to the competition. I almost also had another first. I almost got all the way from Chester to Belleville without falling off LTE on T-Mobile. Only spot I dropped was almost immediately outside the STL metro between Hecker and Smithton. All the other EDGE to LTE on that route is done. They're so closer here to literally knocking all the metrics out of the park. Yet it's sort of ignored by T-Mobile corporate. Legere didn't even tweet about it when T-Mobile tied for first in Root here. It's beyond odd at this point. 

sbolen or evan, if you have anything to add, I'd like to hear it. But it's amazing the progress made here yet nothing said about it. It's almost like STL is the largest market to fall through the cracks. 

• Like 4

Interesting situation in St Louis, Fraydog. I'm surprised T-Mobile would give such a major sales advantage to a third party retailer in a market which ought to be major for them.

I'm puzzled also by the loyalty some people have to AT&T, since AT&T is really struggling in these reports. Yet, I've seen very little criticism about it on wireless tech sites. Mostly, its still just a bunch of crap against Sprint, even though in many areas, Sprint is rated better than AT&T. I'm not against AT&T at all, though I do think they ought to improve their network, considering these reports.

Then again, I'm wondering if it isn't some sort of strategy in getting ready to claim they need to acquire T-Mobile, in order to improve the network. One thing I'll say positive for T-Mobile, is their corporate stores I've seen or been into, usually are quite crowded. I'm definitely not surprised at all by their high subscriber adds. So, T-Mobile would be a great addition for AT&T, if AT&T somehow were able to be successful in another attempt to acquire T-Mobile.