Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Probably just T-Mob trying to cc / damage control after the "9,000 additional Sprint sites" thing that they have no immediate plans to counter.

I can't think of any other reasons for them to do this, since technically the advertisements are accurate.

• Like 1

I think sprint should go to court over this. Obviously they are using the newest equipment on the market. I said it before I will say it again they see Sprint as a big threat since they own a big pile of Spectrum. 

• Like 2

Exactly.

Where is the basis? Sprint is using the newest equipment on the market.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Tmobile is actually newer with flexi 10s and Ericsson running newer software and air 21 antenna panels.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Tmobile is actually newer with flexi 10s and Ericsson running newer software and air 21 antenna panels.

Sent from my Nexus 5

then it is valid.   

the problem with these "foolish" bold ads typically is that they don't last long after being printed.  But kudos to Sprint for having this in the first place.   

Same with ATT saying the Fastest then TMO can beat it, followed by Red saying the Strongest ( or do I have that backwards) 

then it is valid.   

the problem with these "foolish" bold ads typically is that they don't last long after being printed.  But kudos to Sprint for having this in the first place.   

Same with ATT saying the Fastest then TMO can beat it, followed by Red saying the Strongest ( or do I have that backwards)

You do have it backwards, it's ATT's network that can lift the two tons over its head.

• Like 2

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yes but they aren't on every site, correct? Unlike NV equipment.

Therefore, as a whole, Sprint does technically have the newest network.

-Anthony

• Like 1

Yes but they aren't on every site, correct? Unlike NV equipment.%

Therefore, as a whole, Sprint does technically have the newest network.

-Anthony

Yes they do. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional to think that a carrier that started deployment a year after another and bought the latest equipment then on the market doesn't have a "newer" network compared to the one that started before it. 

In all Nokia markets everything was ripped out. In Ericsson markets 99% was ripped out and replaced with only some sites having RRUS11 to existing antennas while the vast majority got AIR 21s. 

Tmobiles network is newer and more often than not superior. Plain and simple. 

• Like 4

Sprint tied Verizon on the medium download at 11.5. Not bad.

Even in Columbus they did much better than in previous rounds though the latest report from Columbus is the second half of last year as this year's first half report for that metro area isn't yet available.  So that speaks volumes.

• Like 1

Even in Columbus they did much better than in previous rounds though the latest report from Columbus is the second half of last year as this year's first half report for that metro area isn't yet available.  So that speaks volumes.

Beginning to see the power of launching Spark and getting more ubiquitous B41 coverage out there. I am sure that those speeds were brought down b/c of latching onto band 25 and 26.

• Like 1

It has been a night and day difference here with Sprint. Still some more work to do but the changes in the network are definitely noticeable. Even though I haven't experienced the speeds that T-mobile has here but I have a much more constant reliable experience and still able to do everything I need to do. 

I would, and did.  Even after adding a LivePro, my bill for 5 lines and 2 (increased from 1) hot spots went down about $100.

I went ahead and called the Executive Services guy back.  I went with the 80GB plan and waived access fees on 6 lines until the end of 2015.  It will save me some money and I like the flexibility of being able to cheaply add a tablet or hotspot device to share the data.  I have until 3/18 to change my mind and keep ED1500 as the plan change takes effect on 3/19.

• Like 2

It has been a night and day difference here with Sprint. Still some more work to do but the changes in the network are definitely noticeable. Even though I haven't experienced the speeds that T-mobile has here but I have a much more constant reliable experience and still able to do everything I need to do.

Yup...same here in the NoVA, DC area. For most of the last six months, just about everywhere I go, I'm on LTE.

One odd thing that I have noticed, though, is that recently, I seem to be on LTE 800 a lot. It's all good, but it just seems odd.

Yup...same here in the NoVA, DC area. For most of the last six months, just about everywhere I go, I'm on LTE.

One odd thing that I have noticed, though, is that recently, I seem to be on LTE 800 a lot. It's all good, but it just seems odd.

I don't think sprint has figure out/implemented proper load balancing. At least that has been my experience.

• Like 1

I don't think sprint has figure out/implemented proper load balancing. At least that has been my experience.

Each parameter revisions improves the load balancing algorithms. They did one in early febuary which a lot of people noticed. 

• Like 2

Quick question if anyone can help. Can you upgrade on a 2 year contract at an Apple store if you're on Framily? I know that you can't do easy pay there, but can you sign a 2 year contract at the Apple store? Thanks!

-Anthony

Quick question if anyone can help. Can you upgrade on a 2 year contract at an Apple store if you're on Framily? I know that you can't do easy pay there, but can you sign a 2 year contract at the Apple store? Thanks!

-Anthony

You can sign a two year contract at the Apple Store.

-Anthony

You can sign a two year contract at the Apple Store.

If you sign a 2 year contract on a discounted device you will be charged a $15 fee on that line.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Last night I was out to dinner with the Mrs. at a restaurant with great coverage. I saw my phone cycle between B26 and B41, never getting on B25. That was awesome, considering the amount of B25 only devices which are in service in the area.

• Like 6

Last night I was out to dinner with the Mrs. at a restaurant with great coverage. I saw my phone cycle between B26 and B41, never getting on B25. That was awesome, considering the amount of B25 only devices which are in service in the area.

This has been the trend in NYC, it basically has brought usability back to B25 only devices, (speeds averaging between 4-10mbs) None of my Tri band devices connect to B25.

• Like 2

This has been the trend in NYC, it basically has brought usability back to B25 only devices, (speeds averaging between 4-10mbs) None of my Tri band devices connect to B25.

Yep same here. I do find that in my apartment, my phone will cycle between B41 and B25, and rarely jump on B26, even in the elevator. Almost as if the power levels have it set to be just as much as B25.

What annoys me is that in my laundry room, my phone idles on 3G because someone there has an Airave and my phone idles on it.