joshuam

Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

Pretty much the entire Nebraska panhandle is verizon roaming. If the merger goes through, that will switch over to T-Mobile's roaming deal with Viaero.
Roaming under TMO starts now if the merger is approved or not

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sprint will show a higher churn as people's promotions ended this year from the 50% offer.. I do see Sprint adding postpaid, but not that much ..

38 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

Roaming under TMO starts now if the merger is approved or not

Which has nothing to do what I said at all...

Which has nothing to do what I said at all...

You said: " if the merger goes through that will switch to tmo roaming.

All I'm saying is that will happen no matter if the merger gets approved or not

19 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

You said: " if the merger goes through that will switch to tmo roaming.

All I'm saying is that will happen no matter if the merger gets approved or not

No I'm talking about a very specific part of a specific state, which neither carrier currently natively serves. Please take a second and go back and read the post, because the last words you left off are very important. " If the merger goes through, that will switch over to T-Mobile's roaming deal with Viaero." Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with Sprint and T-Mobile's separate roaming deal, which almost certainly covers only T-Mobile native coverage.

• Like 1

No I'm talking about a very specific part of a specific state, which neither carrier currently natively serves. Please take a second and go back and read the post, because the last words you left off are very important. " If the merger goes through, that will switch over to T-Mobile's roaming deal with Viaero." Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with Sprint and T-Mobile's separate roaming deal, which almost certainly covers only T-Mobile native coverage.

That roaming has been up since end of April 2016 I believe started with att first then TMO after .. I gotta check with some sources, but I believe tmo will soon light up native coverage

4 hours ago, Mr.Nuke said:

If the merger goes through, that will switch over to T-Mobile's roaming deal with Viaero.

Does T-Mo treat Viaero data as 'native' and is it unlimited? Any speed constraints?

for Sprint we expect 63K postpaid phone net adds aided by an estimated 40K prepaid( Boost) -to-postpaid migration similar to last quarter.” why spend money on marketing for new postpaid consumers if all you are doing is harvesting your'e prepaid base seems like a waste of money?

5 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

for Sprint we expect 63K postpaid phone net adds aided by an estimated 40K prepaid( Boost) -to-postpaid migration similar to last quarter.” why spend money on marketing for new postpaid consumers if all you are doing is harvesting your'e prepaid base seems like a waste of money?

Post paid is a lot more lucrative. All carriers hate prepaid, but its a necessary evil (Churn on prepaid is considerably higher)

Also, estimates are just that, so until the official numbers are out, they are kinda useless.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

That's where Sprint comes in handy. TMobile can deploy B26 where B71 isn't clear and for sure where's it's not cleared and, they don't have B12 either.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Both B12 and band 26 should be the preferred bands for VOLTE.

1 hour ago, though said:

Does T-Mo treat Viaero data as 'native' and is it unlimited? Any speed constraints?

It's treated much like Sprint's extended roaming partners like USCC, though it may be subject to a 5Mbps speed cap (I don't remember for sure, but I don't recall going over 5Mbps when I was roaming on Viaero last summer when I had T-Mobile.)

• Like 1

On 7/16/2018 at 7:33 PM, Paynefanbro said:

I think some people are reading things into this that aren't there. VoLTE is going to be opt-in and CDMA isn't going anywhere for a long time. All of the other 3 nationwide carriers still have some sort of legacy voice solution still available and they've had VoLTE launched for a while now.

For those of you in areas where LTE isn't there yet, don't opt in. For those of us who are in areas where LTE site density is good enough, we'll have no issues. 

Yeah even here in Atlanta it is borderline. Volte sucks with my magic box. I disable it. CDMA is awesome for voice. That's the "problem." 

2 hours ago, JonnygATL said:

Yeah even here in Atlanta it is borderline. Volte sucks with my magic box. I disable it. CDMA is awesome for voice. That's the "problem." 

Is ATL an early market for VoLTE? Or are you referencing 'calling plus?'

• Like 1

Sorry yeah I meant calling plus. My bad. Definitely a significant distinction. 

On 7/17/2018 at 3:59 PM, tyroned3222 said:

I think Verizon will be an all LTE network at least 2 years before anyone else .. if the merger is approved I don't think that will be the main priority for TMO right of the back .. and currently neither T-Mobile or Sprint network are ready for that.. eventually TMO will get there, but network integration will be the main priority

2022 is a long ways away.  Phones are dead in 2020, but M2M is 2022. The other carriers will use so little for 1x/evdo/hspa it won't even really matter.  ATT 2G is dead, HSPA is a solid fallback.  TMobile already has 2G in guard bands. 

15 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

LTE Plus isn’t shown anymore. Is this a new thing?

Maybe they decided to get rid of it and just call it LTE?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedSpark said:

LTE Plus isn’t shown anymore. Is this a new thing?

That happened a few months ago.

• Like 2