Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

41 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

So it says the $22/mo price is for a "limited time."  Does that mean that the price itself goes up, or that it's locked in, but only available for a limited time?  When it says it's available to existing customers, does that mean that I can just change my plan to the new Unlimited Plus as I am, or do I also have to upgrade devices?  Also, do any BYOD devices support Calling Plus/Wifi Calling?

Lots of unanswered questions.

- Trip

• Like 6

Interesting read from Fierce Wireless New :   Spectrum Allocation- Who owns what bands/spectrum

Spectrum Ownership in US.   Who-owns-what and how much

Looking at the spectrum holding of Sprint and T-Mobile. With a merger the New T-Mobile will have to divest some spectrum. Unless the govt counts mmWave as a part of the spectrum.

Just now, tybo31316 said:

Looking at the spectrum holding of Sprint and T-Mobile. With a merger the New T-Mobile will have to divest some spectrum. Unless the govt counts mmWave as a part of the spectrum.

Nowadays, it does.

• Like 1

What was interesting to me is that based on subscribers, (just a fun way of looking at it)  Sprint can allocated over 3.3mHz of spectrum to each of it's subscribers, more than 3 times the amount of anyone else....

As a side note, same front page, but the FCC is pulling Dish Network in to come up with a comprehensive plan to used their spectrum they have, that has gone unused.   If they don't have a plan together, I think the FCC can retake it and auction it off. (correct me if I'm wrong).  

51 minutes ago, Trip said:

So it says the $22/mo price is for a "limited time."  Does that mean that the price itself goes up, or that it's locked in, but only available for a limited time?  When it says it's available to existing customers, does that mean that I can just change my plan to the new Unlimited Plus as I am, or do I also have to upgrade devices?  Also, do any BYOD devices support Calling Plus/Wifi Calling?

Lots of unanswered questions.

- Trip

Be careful of the fine print.    For one line, like myself, it's not $42...it's $70 which is actually $10 more than Unlimited Freedom that expires today.   All these plans look great if your a family with multiple phones, but if you have a single line, you pay out the nose!   

• Like 1

Just now, dro1984 said:

Be careful of the fine print.    For one line, like myself, it's not $42...it's $70 which is actually $10 more than Unlimited Freedom that expires today.   All these plans look great if your a family with multiple phones, but if you have a single line, you pay out the nose!   

I saw the fine print.  It's what was missing from the fine print that has me concerned.

- Trip

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Trip said:

I saw the fine print.  It's what was missing from the fine print that has me concerned.

- Trip

I know... me too!    What has me confused, and I'm sure they do it on purpose, is that it's $70 for first line.  The little box off to the right says save up to $20/month per line if you BYOD or buy a phone outright??    Ummm... I don't think so.... The plan is the plan...   that $20 potential savings is off the cost of a phone...   This was a grey area with Unlimited Freedom.    I get it for $60 / month ($65 if you don't auto-bill)... and then I got $300 off the price of the phone total which saved me about $20/month off the lease of the phone.     

Very shady and buyer beware...    They like to flash those prices up to get your attention, but after you sign on the dotted line, it's higher!   

Edited by dro1984
correct spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nexgencpu said:

Anyone know if "Ultra HD" is still an option with the new plans? It's $10/mo/line with Unlim Freedom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tybo31316 said:

I don’t want the plan I want the free service. Similar to how Sprint does with Hulu for existing customers.

I do not think that would make much sense from there standpoint. Would be an amazing perk, but unrealistic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dro1984 said:

I know... me too!    What has me confused, and I'm sure they do it on purpose, is that it's $70 for first line.  The little box off to the right says save up to $20/month per line if you BYOD or buy a phone outright??    Ummm... I don't think so.... The plan is the plan...   that $20 potential savings is off the cost of a phone...   This was a grey area with Unlimited Freedom.    I get it for $60 / month ($65 if you don't auto-bill)... and then I got $300 off the price of the phone total which saved me about $20/month off the lease of the phone.     

Very shady and buyer beware...    They like to flash those prices up to get your attention, but after you sign on the dotted line, it's higher!   

Footnote 7 reads: 7 $50/mo for line 1, $30/mo for line 2 and $10/mo/line for lines 3 – 5. Add’l $20/mo/line without BYOD/Full SRP phone. Compared to Verizon Beyond Unlimited and AT&T Unlimited &More Premium; features differ.

This should mean the price of the Unlimited Plus plan includes a built in $20 markup for those who lease. I wonder if I can switch to this plan, and pay off my current lease and get the $20 discount. Or do you need to BYOD or buy a new device full price at the same time as getting the plan?

5 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Footnote 7 reads: 7 $50/mo for line 1, $30/mo for line 2 and $10/mo/line for lines 3 – 5. Add’l $20/mo/line without BYOD/Full SRP phone. Compared to Verizon Beyond Unlimited and AT&T Unlimited &More Premium; features differ.

This should mean the price of the Unlimited Plus plan includes a built in $20 markup for those who lease. I wonder if I can switch to this plan, and pay off my current lease and get the $20 discount. Or do you need to BYOD or buy a new device full price at the same time as getting the plan?

The discount is only for new lines. If it were for existing lines, I would switch in a heartbeat.

6AwTQjZ.png

• Sad 1

it's not really a lie, as much as a misunderstanding. It looks like existing customers are eligible for the discount, but you have to add a new line to your account. I would argue semantics and say that switching plans makes all existing lines from the old plan become new lines on the new plan and should therefore be eligible under BYOD terms if device is currently paid off. Like a purchase of a used car, it's not new but it's new to the plan. Seeing as the plans themselves don't come with commitment contracts, I wonder if the loophole of adding a new line and then canceling the old line still works? You would get a new phone number, but you get a discounted price on the plan as well.

3 hours ago, dro1984 said:

On Reddit this guy who has Sprint said that T-Mobile is confusing when it comes to pricing.  I had to laugh at his comment cause I’m trying to figure out what Sprint company he had. I think Sprint is the most confusing. Theses new plans make great examples of that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, derrph said:

On Reddit this guy who has Sprint said that T-Mobile is confusing when it comes to pricing.  I had to laugh at his comment cause I’m trying to figure out what Sprint company he had. I think Sprint is the most confusing. Theses new plans make great examples of that. 

You ever opened a T-Mobile bill that has a free line, hookup code, kickback and bill credits??? The first time I tried viewing my T-Mobile bill, I got three different "Total Due" numbers while navigating their website. One page said $160, the other said $140, and the other one said $112 (thankfully it was the latter). My T-Mobile bill is so confusing that I almost switched back to Sprint the first week. But since I'm saving ~$120 per month and getting the same exact features, I'm staying put.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Where did you hear this?

Saw a photo someone posted from the presentation from the Sprint exec road show recently.
They also mentioned California and the west coast as a priority for the roaming, which will be enabled in a couple of weeks.

The T-Mobile roaming sounds interesting.

6 hours ago, Bob Newhart said:

Saw a photo someone posted from the presentation from the Sprint exec road show recently.
They also mentioned California and the west coast as a priority for the roaming, which will be enabled in a couple of weeks.

The T-Mobile roaming sounds interesting.

At what point, what threshold of signal strength does it switch to T-Mobile data roaming? -120dbm RSSI?