Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Doesn't matter now. At&t is allowed to get Time Warner with no conditions.  That Tmobile merger is basically guaranteed at this point.

Sort of.

But ATT and Time warner isn’t like for like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, danlodish345 said:

My WiFi provider and internet provider os Comcast :) hence the speed....

1 hour ago, danlodish345 said:

I call it ludicrous speed lol

I know this thread covers a lot of topics... but let's at least keep the focus on wireless companies and the like. That doesn't really have any place in this thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sprint is ending its $15 unlimited plan promo this week

So it seems that Sprint is ending this promotion this week and according to them its because of high demand. Say what?

Can someone explain to me this reasoning? If the purpose was to bring in new customers to the network and the promo is successfully doing that due to its high demand, why kill it? Things that make you go hmmmm.

TS out

So it seems that Sprint is ending this promotion this week and according to them its because of high demand. Say what?
Can someone explain to me this reasoning? If the purpose was to bring in new customers to the network and the promo is successfully doing that due to its high demand, why kill it? Things that make you go hmmmm.
TS out

At the high demand of course we don't know the number .. the percent of people that get this plan .. will more then likely leave once the promotion is up

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I know this thread covers a lot of topics... but let's at least keep the focus on wireless companies and the like. That doesn't really have any place in this thread.

Ok sure.  Even though Spring has lowered their prices again isn’t that going to hurt sprint in the long run?

2 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

Ok sure.  Even though Spring has lowered their prices again isn’t that going to hurt sprint in the long run?

I'm not sure what you're talking about right now. That doesn't have anything to do with my post you quoted.

TS out

Id assume this promotion had a purpose... Either add new subs at any cost. Or see if that lever would sway clients from XYZ carrier. If I was abetting person, it's the latter.

Then again it could've just been a way to stay in the news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I'm not sure what you're talking about right now. That doesn't have anything to do with my post you quoted.

The promo $15 plan doesn’t that hurt sprints and come when it comes to signing up new customers?

7 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

The promo $15 plan doesn’t that hurt sprints and come when it comes to signing up new customers?

I'm not an expert in this kind of thing, but more customers is generally a good thing. And it's only a promo price, they won't get that price forever. 

2 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I'm not an expert in this kind of thing, but more customers is generally a good thing. And it's only a promo price, they won't get that price forever. 

OK thank you for the info

21 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Each user has a cost to the company for them being a customer. It use to be called cash cost per user but I am not sure what they are calling it now. More customers are not always better if they cost you more to have than they pay in. 

I think this is a real issue that I think needs to be addressed. Someone tell me what's wrong with this picture? 

SPRINT

HD VIDEO UP TO 1080P

10GB 4GLTE MOBILE HOTSPOT

TAXES AND FEES NOT INCLUDED 

BOOST MOBILE

HD VIDEO UP TO 1080P

20GB 4G LTE MOBILE HOTSPOT

MUSIC DOES NOT COUNT TOWARDS DATA

TAXES AND FEES INCLUDED

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think this is a real issue that I think needs to be addressed. Someone tell me what's wrong with this picture? 

SPRINT

HD VIDEO UP TO 1080P

BOOST MOBILE

HD VIDEO UP TO 1080P

TAXES AND FEES INCLUDED

Boost has a better deal at a better price. Music doesn’t count toward the cap. I don’t know if the plan is unlimited or not.

10 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

SPRINT

HD VIDEO UP TO 1080P

BOOST MOBILE

HD VIDEO UP TO 1080P

TAXES AND FEES INCLUDED

Also for Boost, only Sprint native coverage for data (no extended coverage).

Edited by clbowens

Also for Boost, only Sprint native coverage (no extended coverage).

Not so fast. Roaming voice coverage is included. There are alot of states that dont offer LTE roaming and only voice so to most I dont think this is a valid argument.

• Like 1

Just now, Terrell352 said:

Not so fast. Roaming voice coverage is included. There are alot of states that dont over LTE roaming and only voice so to most I dont think this is a valid argument.

Sorry.  I just updated my reply.  For me, I need extended data when I go see my parents.

There lies part of Sprints problem that the competition always get right.
I'm not trying to turn this into a rant or anything but I feel like Sprint puts the postpaid customer last now and days. No loyalty what so ever unless your a new customer. Other carriers don't do this.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

SPRINT

HD VIDEO UP TO 1080P

BOOST MOBILE

HD VIDEO UP TO 1080P

TAXES AND FEES INCLUDED

No Global roaming, no Hulu and other small perks like AAA etc, lower priority on network, no device financing. 

7 minutes ago, tybo31316 said:

There lies part of Sprints problem that the competition always get right.

You are getting more for you money feature wise with Boost. Hulu is a perk but not nothing overly special. I'd take the taxes and fees being included in my plan over Hulu. That money I would save could go towards Hulu. 

• Like 1

No Global roaming, no Hulu and other small perks like AAA etc, lower priority on network, no device financing. 

Not true boost mobile in fact does offer device financing now. Low priority is not valid as I have never heard of anyone getting deprioritized and as more and more b41 come online that is going to become very rare. Also global roaming is only $10 more per month and since taxes and fees are included it's still cheaper than postpaid. I would know I pay $25 a month in taxes and fees from Sprint.