Jump to content
joshuam

Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, dnicekid said:

Seems like they’re both always telling me I got a speed upgrade. 

Hidden behind the last speed increase was also a price increase for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, greenbastard said:

Hidden behind the last speed increase was also a price increase for me.

If it was Comcast, go in to one of their Xfinity stores and talk to a customer service rep -- they will almost always roll back pricing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Sprint reporting data issues in the Nashville area?  I can use voice and text but no data.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dnicekid said:

My comcast WiFi is insane! My charter works well too charter never goes below 100 down (Speedtest) my Comcast is just ridiculous speeds. Seems like they’re both always telling me I got a speed upgrade. 

My Wi-Fi is an excess of 603 megabytes a second

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My Wi-Fi is an excess of 603 megabytes a second
Megabyte or megabit? Huge difference.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ase500 said:

Megabyte or megabit? Huge difference.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
 

Megabyte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Megabyte
So you have a 5gbps connection. May I ask who you get internet though and what router you use. Most SOHO routers will not handle anything above 1gbps on the WAN side and most wireless clients would never see above 1gbps at best.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

Megabyte

What ISP you have? Didn't know they offering more than 1Gbps  (100 Megabyte) speeds for home ISP.  600MB/s is fast.  We have 10Gbps servers maybe 10Gbps connections will be the new norm for home ISP.  I have a 300Mbps (megabits) internet and Cox will be offering 1Gbps soon.

On 5/11/2018 at 3:13 PM, danlodish345 said:

My Wi-Fi is an excess of 603 megabytes a second

Not sure that is even possible to push 600MB/s (6Gbps) on a home Wi-Fi wireless.  It is 600Mbps (megabits)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ISP's states there speeds in megabits, not megabytes, storage oem's like western digital and Samsung state there capacity in megabytes not megabits, people get that confused. So 603 megabits per secong is 75.365megabytes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My university's internet makes out at a symmetrical 1Gbps while wired but I know it can go higher since I've seen it peak at 1.2Gbps. Over WiFi it'll reach about as high as 400Mbps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not sure that is even possible to push 600MB/s (6Gbps) on a home Wi-Fi wireless.  It is 600Mbps (megabits)? 
It isn't possible. 600 megabits is about the limit of 802.11ac in my experience.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kg4icg said:

ISP's states there speeds in megabits, not megabytes, storage oem's like western digital and Samsung state there capacity in megabytes not megabits, people get that confused. So 603 megabits per secong is 75.365megabytes 

Oh okay yes my Wi-Fi peaks out at 600 megabytes a second

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question. I'm going to Canada (Vancouver) in a couple of days. I recently moved off of my parent's account and to my own, and am now on the Unlimited Freedom plan with Sprint Premium International experience. I see that I get included highspeed/4G LTE data in Canada with this service, and I was just wondering if anyone knew how much data I get? I will only be there for 4-5 days, so I probably won't need a lot, but I am just curious. Thanks!

 

-Anthony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bucdenny said:

What ISP you have? Didn't know they offering more than 1Gbps  (100 Megabyte) speeds for home ISP.  600MB/s is fast.  We have 10Gbps servers maybe 10Gbps connections will be the new norm for home ISP.  I have a 300Mbps (megabits) internet and Cox will be offering 1Gbps soon.

Not sure that is even possible to push 600MB/s (6Gbps) on a home Wi-Fi wireless.  It is 600Mbps (megabits)? 

I have Comcast. Comcast has one gigabit internet service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

I have Comcast. Comcast has one gigabit internet service.

1Gbps is 128 MB per secound. 1 byte is 8 bits. Transfer speeds are in bits storage are in bytes. Confusing the two causes some outsiders to also be confused by what speeds you are talking about due to the 8x difference.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CASA for small cells

looks like Sprint is using Casa as well for their small cell plan. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2018 at 12:32 PM, danlodish345 said:

Oh okay yes my Wi-Fi peaks out at 600 megabytes a second

Again, you mean megaBITS. Not bytes. Spelling matters. Or just use Mbps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

I have Comcast. Comcast has one gigabit internet service.

Yes, 1gigaBIT=125megaBYTES..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Again, you mean megaBITS. Not bytes. Spelling matters. Or just use Mbps. 

Yes it's megabits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-announces-new-york-city-phoenix-and-kansas-city-among-first-to-experience-sprint-5g.htm

 

Sprint has added New York, Phoenix and Kansas to the list of 5G cities for Q1 2019. I'm really liking how Sprint is moving fast on the network thus far as if there is no merger on the table. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-announces-new-york-city-phoenix-and-kansas-city-among-first-to-experience-sprint-5g.htm
 
Sprint has added New York, Phoenix and Kansas to the list of 5G cities for Q1 2019. I'm really liking how Sprint is moving fast on the network thus far as if there is no merger on the table. 
Not Minneapolis. ;) BOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

Not Minneapolis. ;) BOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

Well what about the surrounding areas? Like central Jersey which is a part of New York City? And the LTE has gotten quicker here...but what about filling in the LTE gaps here.... serious work still needs to be done with The LTE service Gaps. But overall network quality has improved along the main highway. So far so good...just improve the coverage off the main highway and I ll jump back on Sprint.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanted to ask with the merger still on going..how far behind is sprint still ? I can only speak for my market and although sprint is moving here with upgrades they still lack density in the area.. sprint announcing a few more 5G markets.. means they are seeing the plan through .. which in any case they would have to Incase the merger doesn't get approved. What are sprint current pops on LTE without any roaming

 

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tyroned3222 said:

I just wanted to ask with the merger still on going..how far behind is sprint still ? I can only speak for my market and although sprint is moving here with upgrades they still lack density in the area.. sprint announcing a few more 5G markets.. means they are seeing the plan through .. which in any case they would have to Incase the merger doesn't get approved. What are sprint current pops on LTE without any roaming

 

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not sure how far back they are but I don’t expect them to slow down “5G Market Announcements” (Massive Mimo rollouts) since it benefits both Sprint and New T-Mobile’s future.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, IamMrFamous07 said:

Not sure how far back they are but I don’t expect them to slow down “5G Market Announcements” (Massive Mimo rollouts) since it benefits both Sprint and New T-Mobile’s future.

 

sprint still has serios lte holes where i live...triband lte roll out is only half done...not even close to complete in my town..go off the main high way and lte service is a joke....but on the main road LTE service is pretty good...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×