Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

If sprint is planning to cover most of the other 50% of sites with tri band this year. Starting in April sprint will have a lot of work to do for the remainder of the year .. haven't seen to many reporting new coverage/ upgrades early on. Was sprint really waiting for the new capex to kick in ?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

If sprint is planning to cover most of the other 50% of sites with tri band this year. Starting in April sprint will have a lot of work to do for the remainder of the year .. haven't seen to many reporting new coverage/ upgrades early on. Was sprint really waiting for the new capex to kick in ?

There is a ton of movement in the premier section of the site.

• Like 3

M2M build time; new Raspberry Pi3b+ came in today! AC wifi, Bluetooth 4.2 and low power. Ethernet still runs over the USB interface so tops at 330 but better than the 100 fast on previous builds. I have to plug it in to my M.2 LTE radio to see if I can get top speeds. We have one Triband antenna site (total D: ) in our CMA that has progressively improved from just a few days ago to my first 100+ test evAr! on the n6P, and in our market.

What are other users machine to machine or um, IoT projects and what are your results on the Sprint network? I have a few locations running these for connectivity, security and A/V operations over cellular and/or load balanced DOCSIS 2.0 with some edge routers, one location has fiber as main, a couple are all LTE/WIFI. Band 41 is new and brave here market wide, but great where it is so we use a mix of carriers.

What are your experiences with plans? I simply purchase as many lines as I need and do the work to make them work with whatever network works best where I have to setup and do my work. I have seen some low power/low data plans for battery devices and such, seems like a way to prime subscribers, but they can just keep selling me UDP's and we are all happy.

Any one use the Magic Box to help power projects? I have seen Boxes relay to hotspots, we made one directional beam from yagis, ductwork and punished a 2.5 wave through a forest for LTE push to talk between 4 users. Super users could attach apps to an LTE radio or use a phone to open doors or kick on a camera! Imagine if Gramma rolls in and Her Chair meets her at the door when her mac id hits your load balancing with the magic box? You just won the family picnic son. I tore mine down (like a dick, don't do this) put it in the car, in our attic, on a pole, and next week in the air. 

What do your projects work towards? Long time listeners will note LTE connectivity is our main bag here in the not so sticks, we like some netsec, and putting in the time will yield a device that is convenient yet doesn't serve you ads based on surrounding conversation, search content and >9000 metadata fed into some Dale Gribble based conglomonstrosity. 

http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-iot-factory.htm

https://business.sprint.com/solutions/internet-of-things/

Bonus:  Your previous content has been restored. I love this feature when I x when I should have not. 2012 Belusnecropolis appreciates this and donates 2018 accordingly.

10 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

If you were a sponsor, you'd see that large numbers of updates continue to roll in. We are seeing B41 deployed on new sites, expanding the B41 footprint. We are seeing Clear sites upgraded to full Sprint sites with 8T8R B41. We are seeing Clear/Sprint co-locations converted to Sprint B41. And we are seeing brand new Sprint sites in some areas. The rate at which this is occurring should only increase through the year. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, belusnecropolis said:

What are your experiences with plans? I simply purchase as many lines as I need and do the work to make them work with whatever network works best where I have to setup and do my work. I have seen some low power/low data plans for battery devices and such, seems like a way to prime subscribers, but they can just keep selling me UDP's and we are all happy.

Any one use the Magic Box to help power projects? I have seen Boxes relay to hotspots, we made one directional beam from yagis, ductwork and punished a 2.5 wave through a forest for LTE push to talk between 4 users. Super users could attach apps to an LTE radio or use a phone to open doors or kick on a camera! Imagine if Gramma rolls in and Her Chair meets her at the door when her mac id hits your load balancing with the magic box? You just won the family picnic son. I tore mine down (like a dick, don't do this) put it in the car, in our attic, on a pole, and next week in the air. 

What do your projects work towards? Long time listeners will note LTE connectivity is our main bag here in the not so sticks, we like some netsec, and putting in the time will yield a device that is convenient yet doesn't serve you ads based on surrounding conversation, search content and >9000 metadata fed into some Dale Gribble based conglomonstrosity. 

Bonus:  Your previous content has been restored. I love this feature when I x when I should have not. 2012 Belusnecropolis appreciates this and donates 2018 accordingly.

Due to no High Speed Internet Offerings in my area (outside of the major carriers), I jumped on the $50/month unlimited hotspot offering in December.  I'm running a Mifi500, connected to a repeater with a single ethernet jack, that feeds the WAN port on my wireless router.  This is providing Wifi for my home and connectivity for Nest, 5 Echos, generic smart plugs, 3 Kindle Fire, 1 Kindle reader, and other devices.

I do have a Magic Box and the HotSpot loves being connected to it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, belusnecropolis said:

M2M build time; new Raspberry Pi3b+ came in today! AC wifi, Bluetooth 4.2 and low power. Ethernet still runs over the USB interface so tops at 330 but better than the 100 fast on previous builds. I have to plug it in to my M.2 LTE radio to see if I can get top speeds. We have one Triband antenna site (total D: ) in our CMA that has progressively improved from just a few days ago to my first 100+ test evAr! on the n6P, and in our market.

What are other users machine to machine or um, IoT projects and what are your results on the Sprint network? I have a few locations running these for connectivity, security and A/V operations over cellular and/or load balanced DOCSIS 2.0 with some edge routers, one location has fiber as main, a couple are all LTE/WIFI. Band 41 is new and brave here market wide, but great where it is so we use a mix of carriers.

What did you just call me?  :blink:  :lol:

• Like 2

How much longer can this go on for?
https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/dish-s-undervalued-spectrum-assets-worth-30-2b-analyst
Would any of this Spectrum be useful for Sprint?
I would like to see Sprint get there Hands on the Low Band Spectrum of Dish.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On 3/27/2018 at 11:01 AM, Tengen31 said:

I would like to see Sprint get there Hands on the Low Band Spectrum of Dish.

Same here. I think that Dish just needs to lower their valuation of their spectrum so that them and sprint can come to a mutually beneficial agreement. What you hear from Dish about IOT is total BS. Nobody will be making any serious money solely out of iOT. Dish's spectrum will be used for video in the mdiband and lowland to fill in the holes in the 2.5GHz network. Dish can sell mobile video for their Sling package on the Sprint network. Both should share in the deployment cost and the additional capacity. I would prefer that Dish's 600Mhz be used mainly for VOLTE.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

Same here. I think that Dish just needs to lower their valuation of their spectrum so that them and sprint can come to a mutually beneficial agreement. What you hear from Dish about IOT is total BS. Nobody will be making any serious money solely out of iOT. Dish's spectrum will be used for video in the mdiband and lowland to fill in the holes in the 2.5GHz network. Dish can sell mobile video for their Sling package on the Sprint network. Both should share in the deployment cost and the additional capacity. I would prefer that Dish's 600Mhz be used mainly for VOLTE.

Why? That doesnt seem like it woukd be a responsible decision for Dish's shareholders. Time is on Dish's side, as far as their spectrum goes, and building out a protection network buys them more of it. 

4 minutes ago, utiz4321 said:

Why? That doesnt seem like it woukd be a responsible decision for Dish's shareholders. Time is on Dish's side, as far as their spectrum goes, and building out a protection network buys them more of it. 

You paid what $20B for spectrum, would you not want some return on investment? Plus If you go at it alone you still will need about 9-10B for a nationwide network. Spectrum is plentiful with the CBRS band, the 3.7-4.2GHz band, the LAA/WiFi band and the 28GHz band. 

30 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

You paid what $20B for spectrum, would you not want some return on investment? Plus If you go at it alone you still will need about 9-10B for a nationwide network. Spectrum is plentiful with the CBRS band, the 3.7-4.2GHz band, the LAA/WiFi band and the 28GHz band. 

9-10B? Not even close. In order to build out a Nationwide network, Dish will have to really spend some serious coin. When push comes to shove, I doubt the investors will be on board with it.

But you are right about the availability of spectrum. At some point down the road (not anytime soon IMO), mmW will become feasible. When that happens, Dish is screwed.

9-10B? Not even close. In order to build out a Nationwide network, Dish will have to really spend some serious coin. When push comes to shove, I doubt the investors will be on board with it.
But you are right about the availability of spectrum. At some point down the road (not anytime soon IMO), mmW will become feasible. When that happens, Dish is screwed.
If Sprint is open to buying dish spectrum they may have to fight with VZW for it tho

1 hour ago, Tengen31 said:

If Sprint is open to buying dish spectrum they may have to fight with VZW for it tho

Verizon is furiously deploying small cells and beyond the mmWave they own are very interested in the CBRS band and LAA and also the 3.7-4.2 GHz band for small cells.

1 hour ago, Tengen31 said:

Sprint does not have the money to buy anything. Share in deploying Dish's spectrum and sharing in the bandwidth, yes. If Verizon wanted to buy Dish's spectrum they would have done so already. 

39 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

Sprint does not have the money to buy anything. Share in deploying Dish's spectrum and sharing in the bandwidth, yes. If Verizon wanted to buy Dish's spectrum they would have done so already. 

But SoftBank does..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigsnake49 said:

They are earning a return on it, it is now worth 30 billion. They have earned 10 billion in less than ten years and didnt have to lift a finger.

11 minutes ago, utiz4321 said:

They are earning a return on it, it is now worth 30 billion. They have earned 10 billion in less than ten years and didnt have to lift a finger.

That's one analyst's opinion who is probably invested in the stock. The spectrum is not worth anything until somebody makes an offer on it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bigsnake49 said:

That's one analyst's opinion who is probably invested in the stock. The spectrum is not worth anything until somebody makes an offer on it.

That is simply not true. The spectrum is worth what people believe it to be worth. Dish can borrow against it, that perceived value is built into their stock price and it is built into any calculation of any prespective buyer of the company. Value is subjective.