Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

2 hours ago, shannonbrian said:

If they get it all right this year they might make comeback like tmobile , but then they still got to sell the network improvements.Fix reputation .

Yeah, the network is only one piece. The network could be better than Verizon but no one will care because of the reputation the Sprint name has attached to it. Sending out devices to top reviewers, or even a test drive like program would possibly need to be done to show people that the network is on par or even better than their competitors. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, derrph said:

Yeah, the network is only one piece. The network could be better than Verizon but no one will care because of the reputation the Sprint name has attached to it. Sending out devices to top reviewers, or even a test drive like program would possibly need to be done to show people that the network is on par or even better than their competitors. 

It won't be easy, but pilot programs starting in 5G enabled markets would go a long way.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2018 at 1:10 PM, Tengen31 said:

My question is also why does it take so long in cities with 15x15 to get on all towers? It's been a year since the Orlando FL got it and from what I've heard their is still some 5x5 left.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Where at? I have been all through Orlando this week and all I see is 10 and 15mhz b25 everywhere. Mostly 15mhz even in cities close to Orlando like Leesburg, Taveres, Mount Dora, Kissimmee they all have 15mhz. February they did a round 2 upgrade and hundreds of towers in central Florida got 5mhz of extra capacity. There should not be any 5mhz left now or very few which from what my experience has been is true. 

• Like 2

Terrell, has there been any movement in Gainesville?

Not much besides a 10mhz b25 upgrade that all of Florida that can do is getting. Also shands hospital has mini macro 2xCA b41 and some where around the University is a 3xCA b41 tower.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Our whole CMA received 10x10 centered at 1990 last week to widen the OG block. Pretty sweet, no second carrier yet. This and 6 band 41 upgrades added in the last year after no network additions for the previous 2 years is great.

• Like 1

Anyone else notice the new “Customer and Location Data” option as part of the My Sprint App update for iOS released yesterday?

I read the associated Privacy Agreement. Curious to see what Sprint is doing with this.

25 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Anyone else notice the new “Customer and Location Data” option as part of the My Sprint App update for iOS released yesterday?

I read the associated Privacy Agreement. Curious to see what Sprint is doing with this.

I thought it would be user verified service like Tmobile.

• Like 1

http:// https://www.fiercewireless.com/5g/verizon-facing-more-opposition-to-straight-path-spectrum-purchase

Sounds T-Mobile is start to stomp their feet and pout about Verizon buying up Straight Path and their Nationwide MmWave.

It’s not FAIR!!! Lol!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, derrph said:

http:// https://www.fiercewireless.com/5g/verizon-facing-more-opposition-to-straight-path-spectrum-purchase

Sounds T-Mobile is start to stomp their feet and pout about Verizon buying up Straight Path and their Nationwide MmWave.

It’s not FAIR!!! Lol!!!

Jay Bluhm is VP of Network Planning at Sprint (https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/sprint-taking-a-wait-and-see-approach-to-5g).... and he’s the VP of the Board of Directors at CCA, which also filed comments opposing this per the Article:

https://ccamobile.org/20142015-board-of-directors

CCA represents roughly 100 smaller wireless network operators including T-Mobile and Sprint.

Dr. Saw references Jay here: https://twitter.com/sprintcto/status/967066008195424256

1 hour ago, derrph said:

It’s not FAIR!!! Lol!!!

Tmobile doesn't have spectrum for 5G and the clock is ticking. Also, they are around 30 billion in debt due to spending 8 billion on the 600mhz. Tmobile will be adding a lot of debt in order to acquire more spectrum whether MMwave or others high frequencies. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, though said:

Well they are colocated in a lot of sites. They would have used Sprint's PCS spectrum to beef up midband and totally blanketed the county with 2.5GHz. They made a stupid mistake. Now it might be that the FCC/DOJ might not have let them merge but at least they had to try. Sprint/Softbank also made mistakes in that they did not make the investment necessary to keep up with the rest of the industry, thus falling behind because they were waiting for the merger.

1 hour ago, bigsnake49 said:

Well they are colocated in a lot of sites. They would have used Sprint's PCS spectrum to beef up midband and totally blanketed the county with 2.5GHz. They made a stupid mistake. Now it might be that the FCC/DOJ might not have let them merge but at least they had to try. Sprint/Softbank also made mistakes in that they did not make the investment necessary to keep up with the rest of the industry, thus falling behind because they were waiting for the merger.

I am not so sure about sprint NOT making the investment. Masa wanted to merge with someone who would benefit sprint. “Not” making the investment or possibly strategic planning? Meaning why keep paying to upgrade when we know 5g is coming. I think sprint may have had a window where they figured if they merge/Buy/sell it won’t set them any further behind. If it falls through, Plan B is 5g buildout asap. 

All of the areas that are lacking will be brought up to par with 5g rollout anyways. I know it sounds confusing but if sprint was “shopping itself” I think they were thinking wait and see before they upgrade as mentioned before many towers are co located which would have been unnecessary had the merge gone through. It hasn’t disrupted the 5g plans so I “think” this may have been their strategy or plan b of it all along. 

Sprint could fix the network tomorrow and people still wouldn’t come in flocks because of the bad rep. But if sprint gets its 5g out and can brag speeds or they could do a big media push and start to get people’s attention?

55 minutes ago, dnicekid said:

I am not so sure about sprint NOT making the investment. Masa wanted to merge with someone who would benefit sprint. “Not” making the investment or possibly strategic planning? Meaning why keep paying to upgrade when we know 5g is coming. I think sprint may have had a window where they figured if they merge/Buy/sell it won’t set them any further behind. If it falls through, Plan B is 5g buildout asap. 

All of the areas that are lacking will be brought up to par with 5g rollout anyways. I know it sounds confusing but if sprint was “shopping itself” I think they were thinking wait and see before they upgrade as mentioned before many towers are co located which would have been unnecessary had the merge gone through. It hasn’t disrupted the 5g plans so I “think” this may have been their strategy or plan b of it all along. 

Sprint could fix the network tomorrow and people still wouldn’t come in flocks because of the bad rep. But if sprint gets its 5g out and can brag speeds or they could do a big media push and start to get people’s attention?

You have to fix the network to fix the reputation. This idea that fixing the network wont bring people to this is dumb. The network is their product, if their product is solid and backed by a good advertising campaign their reputation would change. 

An incinsistent 5g network isnt going to bring people flocking back. That was their exact strategy with WIMAX and it failed bad. They starved their core network of funds leading to 5 years of nearly zero investment above depreciation to pour funds into a wimax network that wasnt nation wide and in the areas it was launch was spotty as hell. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, dnicekid said:

Yeah meanwhile (4 years), they lost how many subscribers? How much money?

1 hour ago, RedSpark said:

While this is good news, it only applies to federal and tribal lands. Unfortunately, municipalities of the real choke point, they seem to be held hostage by the NYMBs. 

Me too. Sprint lives on!!!
Now they just need to improve the 5x5 only areas and they other that still have Poor site spaceing so it drops to 3G. Last weekend I was in a area that only has 3-4 B41 towers. It was so slow uploading a photo failed.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Now they just need to improve the 5x5 only areas and they other that still have Poor site spaceing so it drops to 3G. Last weekend I was in a area that only has 3-4 B41 towers. It was so slow uploading a photo failed.

I agree, just remember all macro sites will have triband lte so this will help

• Like 1