Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I wonder how many cell towers and installations are going to need to be repairdd or replace after the storms?

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

Good question. It's going to slow deployment for the South East for sure. The eye of the storm is headed our way. Hope Sprint network can handle the extra load.

Just listened to the Livestream replay of Tarek Robbiati's Conference Talk from yesterday.

http://investors.sprint.com/news-and-events/past-events/event-details/2017/Bank-of-America-Merrill-Lynch-2017-Media-Communications--Entertainment-Conference/default.aspx

So many great topics covered in 40 minutes. Click the link to replay it.

CapEx, Magic Box, Sprint/Virgin Free Service Promotions, T-Mobile's Netflix Bundle, Cost Reduction, M&A.

Hundreds of thousands of "Magic Boxes" are coming apparently... and in multiple form factors too.

Definitely worth a listen!

• Like 4

Perhaps suitable for outdoor/environmental mounts as well as business settings.

The current form factor is primarily for home use but is also being marketed for business.

Tarek was talking about producing these in the hundreds of thousands to get the price down even lower. Sounds like they're at the very beginning of Magic Box and ramping up scale.

• Like 3

Just listened to the Livestream replay of Tarek Robbiati's Conference Talk from yesterday.

http://investors.sprint.com/news-and-events/past-events/event-details/2017/Bank-of-America-Merrill-Lynch-2017-Media-Communications--Entertainment-Conference/default.aspx

So many great topics covered in 40 minutes. Click the link to replay it.

CapEx, Magic Box, Sprint/Virgin Free Service Promotions, T-Mobile's Netflix Bundle, Cost Reduction, M&A.

Hundreds of thousands of "Magic Boxes" are coming apparently... and in multiple form factors too.

Definitely worth a listen!

Multi form factors: Per the call... Post mount (weather protected), cable mount outdoor (weather protected) etc...   So yes, it appears sprint will be using magic box outdoor eventually also...       As a side question... as our MB's go live on network, do you think it will reflect in coverage maps?

• Like 1

Boost Mobile now includes taxes and fees in their service plans just like Tmobile.  I hope this comes to Sprint postpaid to compete with Tmobile.  Just another way to align themselves together with Tmobile.  I think with Taxes and Fees included and being the only carrier now that contains 1080p video streaming in their base service plan, hopefully that should draw more customers to Sprint.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/8/16273586/boost-mobile-now-bundles-taxes-fees-in-service-plans

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ericdabbs said:

Boost Mobile now includes taxes and fees in their service plans just like Tmobile.  I hope this comes to Sprint postpaid to compete with Tmobile.  Just another way to align themselves together with Tmobile.  I think with Taxes and Fees included and being the only carrier now that contains 1080p video streaming in their base service plan, hopefully that should draw more customers to Sprint.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/8/16273586/boost-mobile-now-bundles-taxes-fees-in-service-plans

I'm sure Sprint will implement this at some point in time but for new customers only...

• Like 1

On 9/9/2017 at 4:30 PM, JossMan said:

I'm sure Sprint will implement this at some point in time but for new customers only...

Well I think if existing customers want to take advantage of that why should they restrict that to new customers?  I think those that are on the ED1500/SERO/Framily/Unlimited Freedom/etc should be allowed to take advantage of that.  Trying to simplify the number of plans should be the goal.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2017 at 3:55 PM, ericdabbs said:

Well I think if existing customers want to take advantage of that why should they restrict that to new customers?  I think those that are on the ED1500/SERO/Framily/Unlimited Freedom/etc should be allowed to take advantage of that.  Trying to simplify the number of plans should be the goal.

Yeah, they might.  This last unlimited plan, 2 for 100 with autopay including 10GB tether they did eventually allow current customers to switch over.

36 minutes ago, imex99 said:

.@Sprint and @SoftBank to Showcase Innovations at #MWCA17 this week. Learn more & follow us here! https://t.co/2HwyOJbdZf https://t.co/rOH3uIPFZM

Lots going on there this week!

Marcelo is also speaking on Sept. 14th at the Goldman Sachs Conference:

http://investors.sprint.com/news-and-events/press-releases/press-release-details/2017/Sprint-CEO-Marcelo-Claure-to-Speak-Sept-14-at-Goldman-Sachs-Communacopia-Conference/default.aspx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terrell352 said:

Is massive mimo coming to b25/b26??? According to Samsung FDD massive mimo is coming. https://news.samsung.com/us/samsung-sprint-conduct-real-world-massive-mimo-testing-mobile-world-congress-fall-2017/

That would be awesome, I also wonder where they will deploy it first, October is only weeks away.

• Like 1

Sprint must be doing upgrades in my area.   My now "old" Note 5 now displays B41x3 (cubed).... 3 x carrier aggregation?   This started over the last week.

I think that is the limit for this device?    Will massive mimo mean that some newer phones can use and display something like B41x64?    (or more)?   

2 hours ago, dro1984 said:

Sprint must be doing upgrades in my area.   My now "old" Note 5 now displays B41x3 (cubed).... 3 x carrier aggregation?   This started over the last week.

I think that is the limit for this device?    Will massive mimo mean that some newer phones can use and display something like B41x64?    (or more)?   

B41^3 on SCP just means third carrier. 3xCA is likely live, but you won't be able to connect with the Note 5. SCP also cannot tell when CA is active, only which carrier you are connected to as the primary channel.

• Like 1

Very Impressive!    Can't believe this is the same Sprint of 2 years ago!    I really like the new ad motto:  "Sprint, working for you!"   Simple and to the point,... and now thank goodness, it's more than just hype!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dro1984 said:

Very Impressive!    Can't believe this is the same Sprint of 2 years ago!    I really like the new ad motto:  "Sprint, working for you!"   Simple and to the point,... and now thank goodness, it's more than just hype!

Don't forget... "You ain't seen nothing yet".

• Like 1