Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Actually the $12 per GB is pretty good since it already includes unlimited text and talk. If you have 5 lines and you want to share 5GB that's $60/month including unlimited text and voice.

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 4

Actually the $12 per GB is pretty good since it already includes unlimited text and talk. If you have 5 lines and you want to share 5GB that's $60/month including unlimited text and voice.

Yes it is a good deal.

My family will sign up for this plan tonight or tomorrow. Wifey works for Comcast. This is going to cut our bill significantly. You can have up to 5 lines and you can some on unlimited and others per GB.

Wife uses a ton of data so she will pay $45 for unlimited. The others don't use much data so they will be $12 per GB combined. I don't think the other 3 people will be using more than 2GB combined. So that would be $45 + $24. $70 for 4 lines is a good deal. They are now on AT&T and pay about $240 per month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does Comcast provide voice and or data service when you are on the highways, metro etc?

I can see Comcast can provide adequate service on inner city roads but big road and highways will be a major challenge

How does Comcast provide voice and or data service when you are on the highways, metro etc?

I can see Comcast can provide adequate service on inner city roads but big road and highways will be a major challenge

Pretty sure it runs off Verizon

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Xfinity Mobile was just announced:

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/comcast-xfinity-mobile

Unlimited – Consume all the cellular data you want for one set price for up to five lines.2 $65 per line on up to five lines with no usage limits, or $45 per line for our customers with our best X1 packages.

By the Gig – $12 per GB of cellular data across all lines on an account each month. Seventy percent of U.S. wireless customers use less than 5 GB of cellular data per month3, so families can share their data across devices and will only pay for what they use.

2 Reduced speeds after 20 GB of cellular data usage

Am I missing something here? How is this a good value?

This explains all the work Comcast has been doing in my neighborhood this entire month. Since the end of last year, they've been adding Xfinity hotspots in utility poles all over the city. There are places I can drive for over a mile and not lose the xfinitywifi connection. It's quite annoying as handoffs aren't smooth from one AP to the next so I end up with timed out streams.

Yes it is a good deal.

My family will sign up for this plan tonight or tomorrow. Wifey works for Comcast. This is going to cut our bill significantly. You can have up to 5 lines and you can some on unlimited and others per GB.

Wife uses a ton of data so she will pay $45 for unlimited. The others don't use much data so they will be $12 per GB combined. I don't think the other 3 people will be using more than 2GB combined. So that would be $45 + $24. $70 for 4 lines is a good deal. They are now on AT&T and pay about $240 per month.

I don't know for sure but I don't think Comcast as an MVNO can distinguish hotspot tethering traffic from normal traffic. So your family can tether to your wife's Unlimited line whenever possible to cut the GB consumption down to minimum.

Xfinity Mobile was just announced:

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/comcast-xfinity-mobile

Unlimited – Consume all the cellular data you want for one set price for up to five lines.2 $65 per line on up to five lines with no usage limits, or $45 per line for our customers with our best X1 packages.

By the Gig – $12 per GB of cellular data across all lines on an account each month. Seventy percent of U.S. wireless customers use less than 5 GB of cellular data per month3, so families can share their data across devices and will only pay for what they use.

2 Reduced speeds after 20 GB of cellular data usage

Am I missing something here? How is this a good value?

$45 a month unlimited with a Comcast plan

$45 a month unlimited with a Comcast plan

That's if you have a higher end plan which I haven't seen defined yet. Otherwise it's $65 which is still a good deal for basically unlimited data on the Verizon network.

The new "My Sprint" App for Android is starting to make its way out via OTA Updates:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/626jem/new_my_sprint_app_for_android/dfw54nz/

It's a rolling deployment over the month. Once more devices receive it, Sprint will publish it to Google Play for download.

• Like 4

The new "My Sprint" App for Android is starting to make its way out via OTA Updates:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/626jem/new_my_sprint_app_for_android/dfw54nz/

It's a rolling deployment over the month. Once more devices receive it, Sprint will publish it to Google Play for download.

Saw it on my G5 last night. 

• Like 3

No Upgrade to the G6 David?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

No real reason to for me so far.

I'm a bit confused, did you get it from the play store or did it come preloaded in a G5 specific update?

It just appeared. No software update that I could tell. Sprint Zone app started updating and then the new app was there.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I'm a bit confused, did you get it from the play store or did it come preloaded in a G5 specific update?

For devices on which Sprint Zone is preloaded, the My Sprint App Update is pushed OTA. All future updates will be via Google Play.

For devices which don't have Sprint Zone preloaded (Nexus/Pixel, etc.), My Sprint will be available in Google Play for download. All future updates will be via Google Play.

• Like 4

This explains all the work Comcast has been doing in my neighborhood this entire month. Since the end of last year, they've been adding Xfinity hotspots in utility poles all over the city. There are places I can drive for over a mile and not lose the xfinitywifi connection. It's quite annoying as handoffs aren't smooth from one AP to the next so I end up with timed out streams.

You sure those APs aren't like the cities? My city deployed APs all over the place. Usually 4 utility poles a part.

Don't really see the point in Comcast doing that, even with this MVNO business. If you in Comcast market, and they have a majority of the subscribers, you could not lose wifi cause all the Comcast customers have a Comcast cable modem that has WiFi built in.

• Like 1

You sure those APs aren't like the cities? My city deployed APs all over the place. Usually 4 utility poles a part.

Don't really see the point in Comcast doing that, even with this MVNO business. If you in Comcast market, and they have a majority of the subscribers, you could not lose wifi cause all the Comcast customers have a Comcast cable modem that has WiFi built in.

It definitely coul be Comcast's wifi. Optimum has a ton of hotspots on utility poles and lines in my neighborhood. And with the cable agreement, you can connect to Xfinity, Optimum, and I want to say Charter. I know where my parents live, Comcast has a bunch of hotspots as well in town. You need to sign into these hotspots with your account.