FYI South African base stations (Previously: Azimuth's local South Africa lte base stations)

Azimuth

Oops. Cleaning up my Imgur account I deleted most of one album. I expect some images will show dead links soon. :(

Oh noes. :(

Brianna (Imgur)

Aug 14 15:43

Hi,

Unfortunately it's not possible to restore deleted images, but you're free to re-upload them. Please note that you will be given new URLs and the view counts will reset. Let me know if you have any other questions; I'd be happy to help.

Best,

Brianna

These are the first set of images I uploaded of the base station I directly connect to. Oddly, they're still showing...

Edit: Imgur advised it can take 24h for images to be deleted.

Y4e4tUP.jpg

Arrrg trash obscuring the beautiful equipment. :angry:

tXOl007.jpg

To be honest I'm not sure what they are...are they ground radio units?

iga0o8g.jpg

Should these even be outside??

• Like 1

Old you say? I guess they did some cost cutting on what really is a new site still. Cost is a major part of the reason this carrier hasn't launched LTE yet. $$$

So are these Nokia units rated for harsh sun, the winter freeze and summer rain?

Old you say? I guess they did some cost cutting on what really is a new site still. Cost is a major part of the reason this carrier hasn't launched LTE yet. $$$

So are these Nokia units rated for harsh sun, the winter freeze and summer rain?

They're rated for outdoor environments that does not include getting submerged under water or being consumed by flames. 

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Erm...*cough*...I think I deleted them from an album but this just returned them to the "unsorted" bucket. They were never deleted from my account. :P Now to remove all the duplicates from my account since I re-uploaded them all. :unsure:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• Was true in my market. Likely means a higher percentage of 5g phones in your market.
    • T-Mobile and EQT Announce Joint Venture to Acquire Lumos and Build Out the Un-carrier’s First Fiber Footprint https://www.t-mobile.com/news/business/t-mobile-eqt-jv-to-acquire-lumos
    • Unable to confirm if it's really off but I noticed this morning that I'm no longer connecting to Band 41 on my home site. Switching my phone to LTE-only pretty much always put me on Band 41 since it was the least used band on T-Mobile's network. Now I'm only able to connect to Band 2/66. Not complaining because it means speeds are faster on LTE and maybe 150MHz n41 is around the corner.
    • Fury Gran Coupe (My First Car - What a Boat...)
    • Definite usage quirks in hunting down these sites with a rainbow sim in a s24 ultra. Fell into a hole yesterday so sent off to T-Mobile purgatory. Try my various techniques. No Dish. Get within binocular range of former Sprint colocation and can see Dish equipment. Try to manually set network and everybody but no Dish is listed.  Airplane mode, restart, turn on and off sim, still no Dish. Pull upto 200ft from site straight on with antenna.  Still no Dish. Get to manual network hunting again on phone, power off phone for two minutes. Finally see Dish in manual network selection and choose it. Great signal as expected. I still think the 15 minute rule might work but lack patience. (With Sprint years ago, while roaming on AT&T, the phone would check for Sprint about every fifteen minutes. So at highway speed you could get to about the third Sprint site before roaming would end). Using both cellmapper and signalcheck.net maps to hunt down these sites. Cellmapper response is almost immediate these days (was taking weeks many months ago).  Their idea of where a site can be is often many miles apart. Of course not the same dataset. Also different ideas as how to label a site, but sector details can match with enough data (mimo makes this hard with its many sectors). Dish was using county spacing in a flat suburban area, but is now denser in a hilly richer suburban area.  Likely density of customers makes no difference as a poorer urban area with likely more Dish customers still has country spacing of sites.