Hey I decided to go ahead and start a TAC tracking thread. The TAC , in my findings, have been a value to me deciphering which band I am connected to. Signal check pro easily states the TAC when connected to LTE.

If you can report your Market, city, which band you are connected too(engineering screens will relay which band you are on), and of course your TAC. We will create a spreadsheet with the information in time.

Do NOT post Side ID's or any sponsor level information. Censor the info out if you use SCP notes. Thanks!

• Like 2

Market:  Nashville

TAC:  11281

LTE Band: 1900MHz PCS Band 25

• Like 1

Market: West Washington

TAC: 23313

LTE Band: 1900Mhz PCS Band 25

• Like 1

Market: Shentel

TAC: 32523

LTE Band: 800MHz Band 26

As soon as my wife gets back in town, I can post the TAC for Band 25. My phone locks onto 26 and very rarely switches back to 25.

Edit: When I just ended a phone call, my phone latched onto B25 for about 10 seconds before switching to B26. The TAC was the same on B25 as it was on B26. I was connected to the same tower both times I checked it.

• Like 1

Some of you in larger population cities will need to be more detailed in reporting your location.  Your cities may be divided into multiple TACs each.  We certainly have seen that with NIDs in the past.

AJ

• Like 2

Market: Houston

City: Houston, TX 77016 (inside city limits of Houston)

TAC: 9274 (taken from Signal Check Pro on GS5)

Band: 26 (800)

---------------------------------------------

In same location:

TAC: 9224

Band: 25 (1900)

Edited by greenbastard
  • Like 1

Yep, and here is the pattern already. The band 26 TAC is the band 25 TAC + 50. I have finally paid attention and can corroborate the same in my market.

AJ

• Like 1

Market:  Nashville

TAC:  11279

LTE Band: 1900MHz PCS Band 25

• Like 1

Market: Dakotas

TAC: 17414

Band 25

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Market: St. Louis (Missouri)

TAC: 11014

B25

I will be editing this post throughout today and adding more. Due to traveling to various locations throughout my market.

• Like 1

Market: St Louis (Missouri)

TAC: 11013

B25

Well I couldn't edit my post, so onward with multiple posts!

• Like 1

Hmm wonder if these TAC for b25 will be the same for the 2nd carrier b25, when it is installed and turned on.

Hmm wonder if these TAC for b25 will be the same for the 2nd carrier b25, when it is installed and turned on.

Market: Shentel

TAC: 32522

Band 25 1st and 2nd carrier

edit sorry wrong line in scp log 2818 is closer to hartford ct

• Like 1

Market: New York City

TAC: 2313

Band: 25, 41

TAC: 12323

Band: 41

Edit:Different tower

• Like 1

Market: Phoenix, AZ

TAC:12301
   Band 25

TAC:12298
   Band 25

• Like 1

TAC: 9291

Band: 26

TAC: 9241

Band: 25

TAC: 9298

Band: 26

TAC: 9248

Band: 25

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

Market: Northern CT

TAC: 2820

Band 25 and B26 are same. Waited 10 minutes to see any change, none. On HTC M8 (wondering if its not updating or something)

• Like 1

Market: Northern CT

TAC: 2820

Band 25 and B26 are same. Waited 10 minutes to see any change, none. On HTC M8 (wondering if its not updating or something)

My m8 reports bad PLMN ids so could be M8 issues

Market: Philadelphia

Tac: 3341

Band 25

Sent to me by my wife. She may send me a few more over the next couple days as she will be in the Philly and NJ areas.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.0 2014 edition

• Like 1

I have several different tags for the same areas. I'll look at mine and wife's phones tonight and see what I can get together :)

Also do you want B 41 clear TAC-

Market:  VT/NH/ME

TAC:  5895

LTE Band: Band 25

• Like 1

I created a map in our sponsors thread to map out all reported TACs for East/West KY and Nashville markets.

Third map down at: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4956-kentucky-nashville-maps-and-stats/

Most of KY has been tracked on B25 as well as a large part of the Nashville Metro area. On the map, each color change is a different TAC.

• Like 1

I am working on a spreadsheet for all TACs.  It is a work in progress.

Trying to figure out the best way to show all markets.

Please PM me any ideas to improve it and I will do the best I can.

• Like 2

I am working on a spreadsheet for all TACs.  It is a work in progress.

Trying to figure out the best way to show all markets.

Please PM me any ideas to improve it and I will do the best I can.

Include the infrastructure vendor:  Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, Samsung, or Nokia.  The 50 offset between band 25 and band 26 seems to be consistent only within Ericsson markets, if that.

AJ

Market: East Texas

TAC: 8526/8476

LTE Band: Band 26/Band25

Band 41 is unknown at this time.

• Like 1