iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

So out of everyone here planning to get an iPhone 6 ---  If the specs are the same, which size do you plan to pick up?  The 4.7" or 5.5"?

I am thinking about scooping up this phone whenever it comes out.  2/3rds of the way into the Apple ecosystem with my iPad and MBPr.  I am definitely leaning towards the 4.7".  I have both the G2 and the Nexus 5 and the G2 is about as big as I would ever want to go.  The 4.7" seems like a good compromise between the N5 and my old work iPhone 4s (god, that was way too small for easy web browsing).

4.7" phone here. I don't want a 5.5" screen. Pass

• Like 1

I'm going to get the 5.5". I'm not going for anything less than top of the line. Now colorwise, I'm not sure yet. If it comes in blue, then that. If not, then probably gold again.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I'm going to get the 5.5". I'm not going for anything less than top of the line. Now colorwise, I'm not sure yet. If it comes in blue, then that. If not, then probably gold again.

If the 5.5" has features the 4.7" doesn't, I would get the 5.5". I can adjust.

edit: i take it back.  If the bezel is as gigantic as it is in these models that people have, I will not get it. The fact that the LG G3 has the same screen size and would still be smaller...just no.

I'll stick to the 4.7" phone if that is the case. I still have to wait until feb, so I am not sure why I am so excited LOL

• Like 2

5.5". I have too many documents through email that I have to read.

Oh yeah! That would be horrible to do all the time on a small screen.

• Like 1

I still have to wait until feb, so I am not sure why I am so excited LOL

Maybe you are a Pointer Sister...

AJ

I've been debating which size to buy for at least 6 months. If the 4.7 is around the same size as my nexus 5, I'll probably go that route. The n5 is nearly a perfect sized phone. Phablets are uncomfortable to pocket.

• Like 2

I'm in for the 4.7" - they'll have the same specs, radios, etc. - I think the only difference would be that the 5.5" would go up to 128GB storage. I'm fine with 64GB or even 32GB with the push to the cloud...

• Like 1

I'm in for the 4.7" - they'll have the same specs, radios, etc. - I think the only difference would be that the 5.5" would go up to 128GB storage. I'm fine with 64GB or even 32GB with the push to the cloud...

Same. And I'll be buying the 20 gb or 200 gb storage even though I'll never use that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My 5s is a 64, and it's too much storage for me. I thought i would need it because the 16 just isn't enough. I put my 2100 songs on iTunes match (cloud), plus having Spotify freed up a ton of storage. And with around 60 apps, and a ton of pictures and videos, I still have 47gb available. I think I'll save $100 this time and downgrade to 32.

• Like 2

5.5in for me. I couldn't go from this gorgeous 5.5inch QuadHD screen on the G3 to a 4.7inch screen. That's if Apple finally does something about the ridiculous bezels they keep in their design language. Those bezels must go, especially for the larger version.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

5.5in for me. I couldn't go from this gorgeous 5.5inch QuadHD screen on the G3 to a 4.7inch screen. That's if Apple finally does something about the ridiculous bezels they keep in their design language. Those bezels must go, especially for the larger version.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Exactly. That's the only way I'll get the 5.5". Te bezel has to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know there have been 4.7 picture and part leaks, but is there any credible evidence of a 5.5? I just don't see Apple giving a size choice on the iPhone. I think they enjoy having just 1 high end phone model that's new and just slightly behind the technological curve just to keep us hooked for another year.

I know there have been 4.7 picture and part leaks, but is there any credible evidence of a 5.5? I just don't see Apple giving a size choice on the iPhone. I think they enjoy having just 1 high end phone model that's new and just slightly behind the technological curve just to keep us hooked for another year.

I'm leaning towards this as well. 4.7" iPhone 6 and iPhone 6C

This is interesting:

According to Nowehereelse.fr, the source who shared the photos of the parts claims the iPhone 6 will include support for both near field communication (NFC) and faster 802.11ac Wi-Fi, although neither of those claims can be confirmed from the photos themselves. NFC for the iPhone has been rumored for years, but has yet to come to fruition and rumors are once again split as to whether the iPhone 6 will include the technology. 802.11ac seems to be a natural upgrade for the iPhone now that appropriate chips are available.

I thought NFC was dead with Bluetooth LE being preferred? Unless this is a play in the mobile payment space...

Via http://www.macrumors.com/2014/07/26/bare-iphone-6-logic-board/

Glad to see 802.11ac wifi. I've been looking to get a new router...

It only makes sense for Apple to adopt 802.11ac since they adopted 802.11N in their computers when it was still a draft specification.

It only makes sense for Apple to adopt 802.11ac since they adopted 802.11N in their computers when it was still a draft specification.

And they're also selling the new cube Airport Extreme 802.11ac base station. I've seen refurbs of that unit going for as low as $120 on Apple's website, but for some reason can't/won't pull the trigger. I'm kind of holding out hope that the Almond+ router is everything it's cracked up to be... and $99!

And they're also selling the new cube Airport Extreme 802.11ac base station. I've seen refurbs of that unit going for as low as $120 on Apple's website, but for some reason can't/won't pull the trigger. I'm kind of holding out hope that the Almond+ router is everything it's cracked up to be... and $99!

All Macs released late 2013 all included 802.11ac out of the box.

Didn't Apple release their .11AC airport routers last summer? I remember being disappointed when the 5s didn't have .11ac.

Yup. I was also kind of bummed - I'd like that extra range...

With history as a guide, I know it's not likely to happen, but how sweet would it be for the iPhone 6 to support Sprint's two-carrier carrier aggregation?

I'd be 100% satisfied with a tri-band iPhone 6. I'd be ecstatic if it could support the two-carrier carrier aggregation.

Hesse said that Sprint is working with Qualcomm (NASDAQ:QCOM) to accelerate the launch of devices that can take advantage of three-carrier carrier aggregation on its 2.5 GHz TD-LTE service. Those devices will come to market in the first half of 2015 instead of the second half of next year. Sprint plans to deploy three-carrier carrier aggregation on its network by the end of 2015, producing peak speeds of 150-180 Mbps.

Looking forward, the iPhone 6S may end up with the three-carrier carrier aggregation if they continue to use Qualcomm as a supplier (and why wouldn't they?) -- The 5S is using a MDM9615 Qualcomm baseband chip, so if the technology is present when the phone is released... Hmmmm....

Edited by sbolen
  • Like 3

With history as a guide, I know it's not likely to happen, but how sweet would it be for the iPhone 6 to support Sprint's two-carrier carrier aggregation?

I'd be 100% satisfied with a tri-band iPhone 6. I'd be ecstatic if it could support the two-carrier carrier aggregation. 

It would be amazing. Like you said, I'd be happy with triband....but two-carrier aggregation...Oh jeebussss

• Like 1