iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

I sincerely hope the iPhone 6 does not have those ugly antenna lines in the back as depicted in all the renders and leaks. The smooth back sold it for me a while back, hopefully Apple doesn't disappoint.

I know Apple wouldn't release such an ugly product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya know...With all the crappy concepts of the iPhone 6 around and the typical camera upgrades, processor upgrades, and screen size/ PPI...I never thought for a second to even think about the partnership with IBM and what it could mean for Siri....

http://www.cultofmac.com/287783/ibms-watson-merge-siri/

If Siri and Watson became one in the same, Siri would finally be more useful and....absolutely freaking amazing. We could start to see a true learning AI in our smart phones. I disagree with the article calling siri the dumb blonde. I use siri all the time, as long as I have service, and find her quite useful. 

Yeah I find Siri really useful.  Love the WolframAlpha integration that's already there.  I do quick conversion with it, like how many ounces are in 12 tablespoons, and what are the prime factors of a number. It's also handy for setting a quick countdown timer or alarm for the morning.

Yeah I find Siri really useful. Love the WolframAlpha integration that's already there. I do quick conversion with it, like how many ounces are in 12 tablespoons, and what are the prime factors of a number. It's also handy for setting a quick countdown timer or alarm for the morning.

That's the one thing I've found during my android adventures. No voice recognition on an android comes close to how well Siri works. And I miss her. :)
  • Like 1

That's the one thing I've found during my android adventures. No voice recognition on an android comes close to how well Siri works. And I miss her. :)

On the Nexus 5, Google Now does seem to work pretty well actually with speech recognition. Not sure about other devices, though.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I know Apple wouldn't release such an ugly product.

Per this 9to5Mac article:

With the iPhone 6 visuals we’ve seen, there are breaks in the metal casing which are likely to be for radio signals, but they are much thinner than the end-caps on the 5s.

Sadly, I can see the breaks happening. Hopefully to fit in the tri-band radios. :)

If it helps with reception, then I am ok with it.

The last thing Apple wants is Antennagate 2 - I'm sure they're willing to sacrifice some form factor continuity for engineering ...

I know, a rumor is a rumor.  With all of the posts about the larger i6 being delayed, the rumors are saying that it will launch at the same time as the smaller i6. I am keeping my fingers crossed that will be the case.

The last thing Apple wants is Antennagate 2 - I'm sure they're willing to sacrifice some form factor continuity for engineering ...

You are right.  Maybe these will light up too...  :D

A question to ponder.  With all of the leaked photos of the new iphone 6, I have not seen any leaked photos of the reported iwatch that is coming.  Is it plausible that Apple is leaking phone information intentionally to hide the iwatch in what they believe will be the next leap forward in technology?

Apple is easily the most secretive out of any other device OEM.  Their devices don't even show up on the fcc until the day of(or soon after) its official announcement.  In this day an age, its difficult to not have a leak of any sort.  So with there being not much info on the iwatch it would be same to assume that its release date is further away than the one might think.

• Like 1

Today I've decided to just rock airplane mode the entire day because I am sick of having my battery die so fast from switching to 800 and then back to PCS, and then back to my airave....I have 91% with 1 hour 33 minutes of usage, and 4 hours 36 minutes of standby....You really learn to appreciate a good signal when you have one. When iOS 8 comes out and I can get into the battery settings to show what is consuming most of the battery, I have a big hunch it'll be cell reception. lol

Edit: thanks for iMessage, I can do this. Otherwise I would get no messages.

• Like 2

Today I've decided to just rock airplane mode the entire day because I am sick of having my battery die so fast from switching to 800 and then back to PCS, and then back to my airave....I have 91% with 1 hour 33 minutes of usage, and 4 hours 36 minutes of standby....You really learn to appreciate a good signal when you have one. When iOS 8 comes out and I can get into the battery settings to show what is consuming most of the battery, I have a big hunch it'll be cell reception. lol

Edit: thanks for iMessage, I can do this. Otherwise I would get no messages.

Doesn't help that the iPhone avoids 800 like the plague.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Doesn't help that the iPhone avoids 800 like the plague.

Thats the main reason my phone dies. I can pick up 800 in my house, 2 bars of it, but the iPhone hates it so much it'll switch back to 0-1 bar PCS, and then back to my airave and it does that over and over throughout the day.

Thats the main reason my phone dies. I can pick up 800 in my house, 2 bars of it, but the iPhone hates it so much it'll switch back to 0-1 bar PCS, and then back to my airave and it does that over and over throughout the day.

That's why I got rid of my iPhone, in bad signal areas my phone wouldn't stay on 800. My nexus 5 will camp on it all day if needed.

• Like 1

That's why I got rid of my iPhone, in bad signal areas my phone wouldn't stay on 800. My nexus 5 will camp on it all day if needed.

Hopefully there is a fix for this soon. I could really use the stability of 800

A new rumor has popped up that Apple will intentionally stagger the release of the 5.5" i6, some saying up to 6 months (sounds like Samsung marketing rumors to me personally).  This would avoid competition between the two new phones based on the history of sales with the 5s and 5c.  I would say this is a very bad idea if this is true.  Thoughts from the group?

A new rumor has popped up that Apple will intentionally stagger the release of the 5.5" i6, some saying up to 6 months (sounds like Samsung marketing rumors to me personally). This would avoid competition between the two new phones based on the history of sales with the 5s and 5c. I would say this is a very bad idea if this is true. Thoughts from the group?

I doubt this would happen, but with Apple's questionable decision making lately, who knows. It would be very dumb and shortsighted of them. They needed a large iPhone, like two years ago - they're already late to the game.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A new rumor has popped up that Apple will intentionally stagger the release of the 5.5" i6, some saying up to 6 months (sounds like Samsung marketing rumors to me personally).  This would avoid competition between the two new phones based on the history of sales with the 5s and 5c.  I would say this is a very bad idea if this is true.  Thoughts from the group?

Considering the iPhone 5C outsold every windows phone, blackberry, and flagship android phones... ( I think it was that)...I am not sure why they would stagger it unless there are production issues. Either that, or the 5.5" phone is purely conjecture and does not exist at all....

My thoughts fall in line with what has been said.  If Apple were to delay the release just not to compete with the smaller version, you will have many people who have postponed their upgrade possibly moving to a different manufacturer beacuse they cannot wait any longer.  If the release is only a month later in order to have enough stock to supply the demand in the short term, then I do not see an issue with that.

So out of everyone here planning to get an iPhone 6 ---  If the specs are the same, which size do you plan to pick up?  The 4.7" or 5.5"?

I am thinking about scooping up this phone whenever it comes out.  2/3rds of the way into the Apple ecosystem with my iPad and MBPr.  I am definitely leaning towards the 4.7".  I have both the G2 and the Nexus 5 and the G2 is about as big as I would ever want to go.  The 4.7" seems like a good compromise between the N5 and my old work iPhone 4s (god, that was way too small for easy web browsing).