iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

$950 is insane! Insane!!!

Robert

I agree.

But a note 4 at 16gb is $750 and the iphone 6 plus at 12 8gb is $950 which seems to be reasonable for what it is.

I won't be buying it. I'd get a 16gb model though or maybe 6 4mb iphone 6

Robert

It's a $100 premium over the 128 GB iPhone 6. Prior to today the 64 GB 5S was $850 off contract as well, so the 5.5" screen is a $100 premium over that phone. Again, I'm not saying it's not a lot of money, but it's Apple, I'm not getting any sticker shock.

• Like 2

It's a $100 premium over the 128 GB iPhone 6. Prior to today the 64 GB 5S was $850 off contract as well, so the 5.5" screen is a $100 premium over that phone. Again, I'm not saying it's not a lot of money, but it's Apple, I'm not getting any sticker shock.

And After Having Used An ANDROID Phone For THE last Year - ID Want Build IN Memory Than A SD Card.

But you wouldn't have a problem spending $950 on a lot of Publix Tea, would you?

Sent from my SM-G900P

Uhh, yes I would.  I haven't spent $950 on any one thing, other than perhaps a car.  Even my 52" LED TV was only $450 on a Black Friday Deal.

Robert

• Like 2

Robert

Insane? Naw! Not at all. Reasonable in the end. I'll be getting the 128GB 6 Plus. It'll only be $4/mo higher than my 5S is on Easy Pay.

• Like 1

What is BS about the pricing is that they didn't raise the base model from 16 to 32 GB of storage. I guarantee the thought process is that most consumers would be more than satisfied with 32 GB and would purchase that model, but 16 GB is too low so Apple is forcing them to throw the extra $100 for the next level. They bump you up to 64 at that level so you get more for your money but this is a classic Apple strong arm technique.

Even though I'm aware of this, I'm one of the sheep that will most likely drop the extra $100 for the 64 model though...

• Like 5

Hey, if you got a grand and want to spend it on the top of the line iPhone, more power to you.  There is a wide spread of devices available to suit all types of budgets.  People are free to spend on what they want.  I'm not criticizing anyone.  I just cannot, for the life of me, ever justify spending over $1,000 on a phone with taxes and accessories.  Whoa.

But these types of prices will keep the subsidy model entrenched for the foreseeable future.

Robert

• Like 1

Hey, if you got a grand and want to spend it on the top of the line iPhone, more power to you. There is a wide spread of devices available to suit all types of budgets. People are free to spend on what they want. I'm not criticizing anyone. I just cannot, for the life of me, ever justify spending over $1,000 on a phone with taxes and accessories. Whoa.

But these types of prices will keep the subsidy model entrenched for the foreseeable future.

Robert

I spent close to that between 3 of us on a new 55" tv and a kick ass sound bar with subwoofer home theater system. A phone on the other hand, no. Not at all

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Hey, if you got a grand and want to spend it on the top of the line iPhone, more power to you. There is a wide spread of devices available to suit all types of budgets. People are free to spend on what they want. I'm not criticizing anyone. I just cannot, for the life of me, ever justify spending over $1,000 on a phone with taxes and accessories. Whoa.

Robert

Unfortunately it's dictated by the market. I would love for the iPhone to be price comparable to the Nexus 5 and simply allow expanse SD storage, but the masses will still flock to these phones and the prices will remain what they are. 3 years ago I bought a 32 GB Class 10 Sandisc Micro SD card for like $30....today $100 more for the upgraded memory is basically about $93 more dollars per phone to Apple's bottom line.

Unfortunately it's dictated by the market. I would love for the iPhone to be price comparable to the Nexus 5 and simply allow expanse SD storage, but the masses will still flock to these phones and the prices will remain what they are. 3 years ago I bought a 32 GB Class 10 Sandisc Micro SD card for like $30....today $100 more for the upgraded memory is basically about $93 more dollars per phone to Apple's bottom line.

I don't think it's dictated by the market.  These are a premium over similarly spec'd devices.  Google could have said they have to charge $550 instead of $350 for the Nexus 5, because that's the market.  But they didn't.  Apple could have charged $100 less across the board, or offered 32GB as the starting memory to add more value.  

This is pure profiteering.  And that's fine.  It's the American way.  But the market is not insisting on overpaying.  They just will tolerate it because of the subsidy model.

Robert

I will take my n5 and the lg g watch r when it comes out for less than the iPhone 6. So far 9/10 iPhone users I know have come asking me for phone recommendations now that the 6 is roughly the same size as the nexus 5. Over all the consensus on the I watch is that its kinda fugly and way too expensive.

The funny part is there is a $250 dollar phone coming to Sprint with a little larger screen, and does have CA in it plus expandable memory too. Spending $650 on a screen of a phone with 720p you might as well say. Well I'll just leave it at that, oh and the BB Passport with the 1440x1440 screen and 32gb with expandable to 128gb of storage, a quadcore with 3gb ram will be $650.

I'm not iPhone trolling.  I fully support you iPhone fans.  I love having choice.  And this is a happy day for all you guys.  And I'm not even passing judgment on Apple, per se.  I'm just kind of shell socked to think we have now hit the $1,000 for a smartphone threshold.  I'll get over it in a couple of days.

Robert

• Like 5

I don't think it's dictated by the market. These are a premium over similarly spec'd devices. Google could have said they have to charge $550 instead of $350 for the Nexus 5, because that's the market. But they didn't. Apple could have charged $100 less across the board, or offered 32GB as the starting memory to add more value.

This is pure profiteering. And that's fine. It's the American way. But the market is not insisting on overpaying. They just will tolerate it because of the subsidy model.

Robert

Don't forget, Apple is selling an ecosystem. Once you're in it's very difficult to leave. People are willing (by the millions upon millions) to pay these prices, so is Apple really profiteering or simply capitalizing on the current market conditions.

I don't want to derail this thread and get into economical / philosophical discussions, so let me just say that I think $950 is an absolutely outrageous price for a phone; but there's a market for it and Apple is capitalizing on that.

• Like 1

I'm not iPhone trolling.  I fully support you iPhone fans.  I love having choice.  And this is happy day for all you guys.  And I'm not even passing judgment on Apple, per se.  I'm just kind of shell socked to think we have now hit the $1,000 for a smartphone threshold.  I'll get over it in a couple of days.

Robert

It's typical pricing for areas not part of the NA market iirc. It's one of the reasons why Android other phones are so popular in the rest of the world. People have to buy their phones outright most of the time and iPhones are pretty damn expensive. 

The subsidies hide the true cost very well.

I agree with Robert, its alot of money especially for the 128GB version, but I've spent over $950 on devices easily like laptops (already gone through 3 this year alone)  :wall: But on a phone, oh hell no.

If I had to absolutely positively have to have a iPhone 6 Plus at 128GB (or a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 64GB) I would put it on easy pay and have the phones price split up so my wallet won't feel the hurt or swallow my desire of having a new phone each year and just go for the 2 year contract.

TS

• Like 1

I'm planning to get mine off-contract so it will be expensive but I feel like it's worth it.

I'm also struggling with which phone to get, I think the iPhone 6 is just about my favorite size (nearly identical to my HTC One M7) but I don't get the battery life, pixel density or optical image stabilization of the iPhone 6 plus.

Pretty stoked on replacing my 5s with the 6.

Anything over 5.3" I have to buy a Note because of the stylus. I'd love to play around with the 6 plus but the Note series with the S pen is a game charger.

Probably going to let go of my Galaxy S5 and get the note 4 instead of the Sony Z3 since I doubt it's coming to sprint this year.