iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

The more I think about this lease deal... I bet it only includes the free iPhone (the 5c this year). Still a great deal for anyone not on the cutting edge.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 on the Sprint Network

The more I think about this lease deal... I bet it only includes the free iPhone (the 5c this year). Still a great deal for anyone not on the cutting edge.

it specifically says iphone 6, 16 gig

https://www.sprint.com/landings/iphone/index.html?ECID=SM%3AFB%3AP%3AAppleUnlimited%3A09092014

• Like 1

Then WOW . This deal is awesome. Sprint is changing the game!

I wonder if anyone can add this without the new plans?

• Like 1

Apple has completely jacked up the prices too, prepare to sell some organs. http://www.phonearena.com/news/Apple-iPhone-6Plus-carrier-and-retail-pricing-on-Verizon-AT-T-Sprint-and-T-Mobile

What do you mean?  The pricing is the same as in the past if you're getting the iPhone 6.  The iPhone+ is $100 more though.

• Like 2

So you are looking forward to paying $650 for a 4.7 inch screen with only 750x1334 resolution and only 16gb of non expandable mem and 1gb of ram. My phone has 720p and can take up to 64gb until wp8.1 comes out than take up to 128gb card and only $450, sorry but that is in my honest opinion reaming the consumer.

So you are looking forward to paying $650 for a 4.7 inch screen with only 750x1334 resolution and only 16gb of non expandable mem and 1gb of ram. My phone has 720p and can take up to 64gb until wp8.1 comes out than take up to 128gb card and only $450, sort but that is in my honest opinion reaming the consumer.

Welcome to the past 7 years. It's been this way since the iPhone came out.

-Anthony

• Like 4

So you are looking forward to paying $650 for a 4.7 inch screen with only 750x1334 resolution and only 16gb of non expandable mem and 1gb of ram. My phone has 720p and can take up to 64gb until wp8.1 comes out than take up to 128gb card and only $450, sorry but that is in my honest opinion reaming the consumer.

Ah, so you were talking about the full price.  I hope to get the subsidized 64GB model for $299.  I'm not going anywhere.  Sprint also has a new iPhone plan where you get an iPhone 6-16GB for $20 a month.  It's a lease, but you get to switch to the 7 in two years when that new model comes out.

Glad you enjoy your phone.

My Chevy is better than your Ford!  My Chevy had those same features on the 2013 as the 2014 Ford.  I can't believe you'd pay for that Ford!  

I hear this argument in my head every time someone brings up the Apple vs Android phone argument.    

I'm thinking of designing a sticker for sale on S4GRU from the famous Calvin & Hobbes comic of Calvin peeing on something.  Usually, it's a Ford or Chevy logo, but I'm going to change it to an Apple or Android phone.  

Anyone wanna buy one?

Calvin+whatever.jpg

• Like 3

That's a great deal from Sprint, If you're into Apple's phones.  I was just thinking, since the device is leased, should/will it require some sort of damage and loss/theft insurance?

The new iPhone does not support carrier aggregation for Sprint's 2. 5 GHz spectrum. :( 700 MHz Band 12 also missing.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/apples-iphone-6-6-plus-support-sprints-spark-service-not-700-mhz-band-12/2014-09-09

The iPhone cannot do any wideband carrier aggregation.  It can't bond channels larger than 10MHz, for a total of 20MHz throughout.  It can't do it on Tmo or Verizon wideband LTE either.  It can't handle more than 20MHz throughput, which Spark already does.  So this is not a bad thing.  And Band 12 missing only effects some future roaming coverage.  Sprint RRPP members will also be deploying Sprint LTE bands too, though.

More info about these details in our article:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-374-and-the-band-41-marches-onin-the-new-iphone-6-and-iphone-6-plus-for-sprint/

Robert

• Like 4

You did very well Robert! Awesome write up.

• Like 1

iPhone for Life Plan

$70/mo, unlimited data, and no money down for a new iPhone (trade-in) every 2 years.

That is a good deal, right?

It's not a bad deal (actually it's good) if your an Apple loyalist.

Makes me wonder however where Sprint stands with that insane commitment it inked with Apple just to carry the brand.

Could they be so far behind in sales that they need to do this just to help satisfy the commitment?

The iPhone cannot do any wideband carrier aggregation.  It can't bond channels larger than 10MHz, for a total of 20MHz throughout.  It can't do it on Tmo or Verizon wideband LTE either.  It can't handle more than 20MHz throughput, which Spark already does.  So this is not a bad thing.  And Band 12 missing only effects some future roaming coverage.  Sprint RRPP members will also be deploying Sprint LTE bands too, though.

More info about these details in our article:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-374-and-the-band-41-marches-onin-the-new-iphone-6-and-iphone-6-plus-for-sprint/

Robert

The catch here is that the Sprint iPhone ends up at a handicap vs. AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile variants because VZ can do 10+10 FD CA (13+4) pretty easily. And T-Mobile and Verizon have 20x20 in some markets on B4. So the iPhone can use 40MHz of total spectrum running in FD mode, which is where the 150 Mbps number comes from. Now, the 5S could hit 150 Mbps too, but only in markets where 20x20 spectrum is available as I understand it. Oh, and AT&T can do 10x10 B17 + 10x10 PCS or AWS if they can plop down a big enough carrier in mid-band.

That said, this only gets higher peak speeds in near-perfect conditions, since we're assuming that VZ and T have unloaded low-band spectrum (they don't), or that VZ or TMUS have 20x20 AWS (sometimes they do) that's also relatively unloaded. So the imbalance of power isn't quite so bad.

Now, the upside of things is that Sprint can use B41 on the iPhone 6/+, and though CA on B41 won't exist, they can spread iPhone usage around the band to keep speeds high even though peak speeds will top out at 70/15 or so. And smaller cell sizes do help Sprint's performance under load. So the situation isn't nearly as bad as with the 5S, where you're confining to at most 5x5 of bandwidth at once, and ignoring high-band spectrum.

Re: leasing, a cool bonus for Sprint there is that they can retire old iPhones if their being in the field is a real drain on network performance, though the 6 probably won't be. And if they want to re-sell the devices at the end of their lease, we're talking about a phone worth $350 refurbished.

Let's not forget that Sprint can do Band 41 nationwide, whereas Tmo and Verizon cannot do a 20MHz channel everywhere. And do we really need to complain about 90Mbps max to 150Mbps max? LOL

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Let's not forget that Sprint can do Band 41 nationwide, whereas Tmo and Verizon cannot do a 20MHz channel everywhere. And do we really need to complain about 90Mbps max to 150Mbps max? LOL

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Especially when CA won't be available in every market right away. I think Apple did SoftBank a solid by putting B26 in the 5S before it was rolled out, and is tossing Sprint another bone by including B41 in the 6/6 Plus.

The CA support will come in the incremental upgrade next fall, long with bumped camera specs, more memory, and farts that don't stink.

• Like 4

I'm not seeing anything on Apple's website about buying the iPhone 6 off-contract/for full price. They're pushing the subsidy on T/VZW/S... I'm not going to EasyPay the device, I want to pay full retail.

• Like 2

Nice write up Robert, I particularly like this, "So now you data hungry iPhone users can start spreading your loads on the Spark network."

Sorry, but the 6th grader in me couldn't resist....

• Like 7

Gotta be mobile shows the prices. and all I can say is Yikes.

TS

I'm ok plunking down $750 for the 64GB model. I have a near-mint, Sprint unlocked iPhone 5S that I'm seeing selling for ~ $400-450 on eBay. I'd like to own the device so I can do this again for the 6S, or go subsidized so my wife and I can stay in sync with carrier subsidized upgrades.

Gotta be mobile shows the prices. and all I can say is Yikes.

TS

Those are the same un-subsidized prices as the previous models, only the mid and top tier give you twice storage of the predecessors for the same price (64 & 128 respectively). I'm not saying it isn't freaking expensive, but this isn't new.