Galaxy Tab 4 Wifi and LTE versions

Destroyallcubes

We previously sold a moto wifi only tablet in sprint stores, it was back in 2011- 2012. It didn't sell well at all.

Moto xoom

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-document?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fposts%2F2862

Sprint needs to get Asus eee pad Transformer and drop the idea of Moto XOOM..no one will buy that high end high price tablet!!!..when we can get the Asus EEE Pad Transformer for $399.99!! I mean come on Sprint we want you guys to stay around since AT&T got Tmobile in the bag!!

First post of xoom thread. Priceless.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

I know the S5 has a module to do LTE-only mode, but what about this tablet (Galaxy Tab 4?)...

I've recently picked up the GT4...after using the LG Gpad 7" for a week...and got really used to the Gpad having LTE-only radio..

So I'd like to be able to use LTE-only on the GT4 as well.

I will say that the Gpad hardware....{sucks} for lack of better in-depth details..but the radio / rf performance is pretty spot-on. I mean, the LG picks up in my yard, nearly 10 miles from a B26 site..and gets a usable B26 signal with around 5-8mbps down, 3-4mbps up and under 100ms ping (around 60ms-70ms).

I can't try with the GT4, as the only network options are CDMA only, and CDMA/LTE/EVDO.

And I just turned roaming completely off on the tablet as I don't even want to attempt using data while not on the Sprint network.

I know the S5 has a module to do LTE-only mode, but what about this tablet (Galaxy Tab 4?)...

I've recently picked up the GT4...after using the LG Gpad 7" for a week...and got really used to the Gpad having LTE-only radio..

I will say that the Gpad hardware....{sucks} for lack of better in-depth details..but the radio / rf performance is pretty spot-on. I mean, the LG picks up in my yard, nearly 10 miles from a B26 site..and gets a usable B26 signal with around 5-8mbps down, 3-4mbps up and under 100ms ping (around 60ms-70ms).

I can't try with the GT4, as the only network options are CDMA only, and CDMA/LTE/EVDO.

And I just turned roaming completely off on the tablet as I don't even want to attempt using data while not on the Sprint network.

What is the allure of LTE only mode for you? It's not like you get camped on evdo when LTE is readily available for long. I'm glad both my hotspot and tablet are cdma2000/lte capable, the coverage area is much much larger.

Because where I live, once Sprint optimizes band 26 on that tower I live 6 miles from, I want LTE to be priority over CDMA. I can take the LG tablet with LTE only mode and hit band 26 in my yard from a tower that's ten miles away right now, but it's fringe. The galaxy tab in the same spot parks on roaming Verizon 3g. So that's why I want LTE only mode

Sent from my LGLS990

Because where I live, once Sprint optimizes band 26 on that tower I live 6 miles from, I want LTE to be priority over CDMA. I can take the LG tablet with LTE only mode and hit band 26 in my yard from a tower that's ten miles away right now, but it's fringe. The galaxy tab in the same spot parks on roaming Verizon 3g. So that's why I want LTE only mode

Sent from my LGLS990

It's likely the radio performance of one device is better than the other. LTE already is a priority over CDMA, putting that tab4 in LTE only mode is probably going to result in no service at all if all you are getting is roaming on it.

• Like 1

It's likely the radio performance of one device is better than the other. LTE already is a priority over CDMA, putting that tab4 in LTE only mode is probably going to result in no service at all if all you are getting is roaming on it.

:goodpost:

• 2 months later...

Sent from my LGLS990

Easy to put your Tab 4 in LTE-Only mode, but it requires your MSL. Blows my mind that Sprint doesn't put an LTE-Only mode easy to access without this level of effort. Hopefully (if)when the Tab 4 gets L it will get this option user accessable:

-Settings

-General

-Activate this device

-Menu (the 3 dots in upper right hand corner)

-PST

-##DATA# Menu

-Edit

-ENTER YOUR MSL

-More

-HDR/1X Selection

-LTE Only Mode

-OK & Reboot if not prompted to

-Done. Enjoy :~)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...