Galaxy Tab 4 Wifi and LTE versions

Destroyallcubes

So I have had the chance to play around with the Tab 4(Wi-fi) only model, and Like how much smoother it is than the Tab 3 series. Now What are some of your favorite features About the device? Hopefully sprint will announce one with Tri-band support. I will Grab one when they come out if they do!

I believe the Tab 4 on Sprint will have Triband, as the Verizon has 3 band LTE support and At&t version have 4 bands I believe. 

Also if you are looking for a Tab 4 Wifi only version, Check Target out, it has a Cartwheel coupon for 10% off a Tab 4, plus 20% off a Tab 3. And I want to say a coupon off Other Samsung Accessories! 

I have a ipad mini with sprint and it's not too bad.

I really like how fast it picks up LTE. But i'll probably be getting a hotspot and get a better tablet. With the hotspot I'll have more options.

• Like 1

I really like how fast it picks up LTE. But i'll probably be getting a hotspot and get a better tablet. With the hotspot I'll have more options.

Yeah I thought about picking a hotspot up, and possible saving a little bit more money up , and then buying the new surface, or Higher end Samsung Tablet. Any suggestions, And I wouldn't mind giving Apple a try, Just Would prefer expandable memory. 

• 3 weeks later...

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7" with Sprint Tri-band LTE was approved by the FCC OET yesterday, June 18.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=819946&fcc_id=A3LSMT237P

• Like 3

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7" with Sprint Tri-band LTE was approved by the FCC OET yesterday, June 18.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=819946&fcc_id=A3LSMT237P

20mhz PCS bandwidth!? Wow and it's triband. Hmm the only thing is RF performance isn't looking so good

20mhz PCS bandwidth!? Wow and it's triband. Hmm the only thing is RF performance isn't looking so good

Nope. Sad. Hopefully the antenna gain helps. I'll have to re look though the docs to see if the gain shows up.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Nope. Sad. Hopefully the antenna gain helps. I'll have to re look though the docs to see if the gain shows up.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

I know the Tab 3 had poor RF performance as well. Hopefully gain will be higher. Any idea why they added 15/20mhz PCS support?

The one huge benefit of the Sprint iPad Air and Mini Retina cellular versions is that they're unlocked and work on all carriers. True, there's no Spark but they do have LTE800 plus the LTE bands of the other major North American providers. I wish Samsung will someday go the same route as Apple and start making single-SKU devices like this. Their tablets are getting better with every generation.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Sprint needs to bring better tablet game than this. At least one high end android and windows tablet.

How little people know what Sprint has hiding in their pipeline. Sprint only said this is their first Spark tablet.

How little people know what Sprint has hiding in their pipeline. Sprint only said this is their first Spark tablet.

Just saying dude. They need them. They have the worst tablet selection. I would get one if they had one worth while.

Just saying dude. They need them. They have the worst tablet selection. I would get one if they had one worth while.

They have one that's worthwhile. And it should be available before Christmas.

Speaking of 10" screen tablet, Last year a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with LTE was approved by the FCC for Sprint, but I do not recall ever seeing that tablet on the Sprint Website. In fact I went in search to see if there were any topics over in the Sprint site and there was one thread asking when Sprint is going to support the device. Although one poster stated that they bought it off of QVC with the Sprint logo on it. I find that hard to believe that any retailer would sell a device with a company/carrier logo before actually showing up on the company's website.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing any Note type tablet like the 8.0, 10.1 or 12.2 Note Pro though to be honest.

TS

Employees will be able to buy this at launch. Ill order mine friday and by monday or tuesday when i get the tab ill get some b26 and b25 screenshots. I should be able to do plenty of speed test on my $20/20gb plan

• Like 2

Employees will be able to buy this at launch. Ill order mine friday and by monday or tuesday when i get the tab ill get some b26 and b25 screenshots. I should be able to do plenty of speed test on my $20/20gb plan

That is a nice plan!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I think it's about time you take a self imposed vacation from S4GRU. Come back in a week or two because at this point you're looking for just about anything to complain about. You're literally complaining about tablet selection at this point.

It's already shown that most people only use tablets on Wi-Fi and Sprint carries two of the most popular by sales, the iPads and Tab 3.

The only tablet worth having that Sprint doesn't carry is a Note series tablet. Which they've carried in the past with poor sales. No one is buying an Xperia or Nokia tablet. To add to this, as much as you complain about Sprint service and love the other 3 providers you carry I highly doubt if you were buying a tablet that Sprint would be your first choice. So which tablet did you decide you're picking up through one of them?

• Like 1

I think it's about time you take a self imposed vacation from S4GRU. Come back in a week or two because at this point you're looking for just about anything to complain about. You're literally complaining about tablet selection at this point.

It's already shown that most people only use tablets on Wi-Fi and Sprint carries two of the most popular by sales, the iPads and Tab 3.

The only tablet worth having that Sprint doesn't carry is a Note series tablet. Which they've carried in the past with poor sales. No one is buying an Xperia or Nokia tablet. To add to this, as much as you complain about Sprint service and love the other 3 providers you carry I highly doubt if you were buying a tablet that Sprint would be your first choice. So which tablet did you decide you're picking up through one of them?

I already have a Verizon G Pad. My profile would have told you that. But that's a fact that Sprints tablet selection is the weakest. Cellular tablet sales are going up with the quickness. If Sprint expanded on that it would be a good thing. That's my whole point. It doesn't seem that sprint is really concerned about its tablet options. Also which would you want to do have a tablet with LTE data and save battery or have your phone crap out in a few hours from tethering for so long to your tablet? Options is never a bad thing is all I'm saying. I have a way of making things sound offensive sometimes. I'm not very good at taking the subtle approach. You take it like I'm all out trolling when I'm not. Why would I troll? I'm a S4GRU veteran that's said just as much good about Sprint as bad. If at this present time Sprint has more negatives for me than positives then it is what it is. Every carrier has there good, bad and ugly.

I already have a Verizon G Pad. My profile would have told you that. But that's a fact that Sprints tablet selection is the weakest. Cellular tablet sales are going up with the quickness. If Sprint expanded on that it would be a good thing. That's my whole point. It doesn't seem that sprint is really concerned about its tablet options. Also which would you want to do have a tablet with LTE data and save battery or have your phone crap out in a few hours from tethering for so long to your tablet? Options is never a bad thing is all I'm saying. I have a way of making things sound offensive sometimes. I'm not very good at taking the subtle approach. You take it like I'm all out trolling when I'm not. Why would I troll? I'm a S4GRU veteran that's said just as much good about Sprint as bad. If at this present time Sprint has more negatives for me than positives then it is what it is. Every carrier has there good, bad and ugly.

Everyone here doesn't keep their profile up-to-date, so I don't go off the devices they have listed.

The reason why "Cellular tablet sales are going up with the quickness" is because companies such as Sprint are giving away budget tablets at budget prices. This does not show there is a large trend in people using said data on their tablet over Wi-Fi use. Tablet customer's average 1GB of data per month. Expanding their tablet selection is not giving them an advantage over another carrier. It's a waste of inventory space to have tablets that don't sell just sitting around. They have the most popular tablets, that support their network, for sale. Do you know the inventory history for Sprint tablets? They've had the mass selection and that idea failed. They've recently only kept what sells, not to have a portfolio to say they have one. Believe it or not, they're actually listening to their customers by how said customers use their wallet.

I don't take your comments as trolling, I take them for what they are, a recent pattern of anti-Sprint comments that are increasing on the daily. Being an "S4GRU veteran" and/or Premier sponsor means nothing about who you are today and doesn't "protect" you as a member here. There are veteran S4GRU Premier sponsors that came here without a facade, showing they're from another provider and they don't post as much anti-Sprint comments as you have recently.

Maybe you haven't been paying attention but the tablet market has basically peaked, not only that but most consumers who want a tablet will go for the WiFi only version. Sprint has zero incentive to sell WiFi only tablets.

• Like 1

On a similar topic, I wished Android allowed usb modem adapters then I would just get a Wi-Fi tablet (like the Note 12.2 pro), attached the Sprint usb modem like the Netgear 341 and not worry about having to connect to my phones hotspot (thereby draining my battery). But alas Android does not have that capability. So I am forced to carry more items in my travels. 

Sometimes it is nice to have a device that has access to the network built in. One of my old laptops laying around has the Sprint wLAN that connects to Wimax, so I can't put it in my current laptop and instead have to resort to using either the phones hotspot or the Netgear 771. 

Anyway, back on topic. I agree that Sprint has no incentive to sell Wi-Fi only tablets, but I wouldn't mind if they did sell more.

I just realized target is selling the galaxy tab S which is a pretty decent tablet, 8.6", and I think would be a good in between small tablet, and full size tablets like the iPad. Maybe a cellular version could be popular.