Nexus 5 or Moto X [or ?]

terryh215

I haven't seen an exact release date. Do you know what time frame they're looking at? Should be soon.

Sooner than you think. Initial rumors posted a July release, and based on Sprints own LG G3 giveaway ending on July 10, release should be around there.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Sooner than you think. Initial rumors posted a July release, and based on Sprints own LG G3 giveaway ending on July 10, release should be around there.

Nice. This might be my next phone, at least until the iPhone 6 comes out (depending on what Apple does). My iPhone 5 is a little long-in-the-tooth and Apple is pissing me off with some of their more recent moves.

Hearing all the radio problems with the Nexus 5 since the 4.4.3 update has me concerned! Should I still purchase it or should I go with the Moto X?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nexus 5, its not necessarily radio issues so much as people noticing ecsfb problems with more bands coming online. Hence why only those who used .15 are really having issues. If you notice some of the issues some of us have been having its a really simple fix, just flash the .15 radio.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hearing all the radio problems with the Nexus 5 since the 4.4.3 update has me concerned! Should I still purchase it or should I go with the Moto X?

I second what Kojitsari said. But I will add that any triband phone you get will have the same issues people with the new radio on the N5 are having. But with the N5 you have the option of flashing the .15 or .17 radio even after flashing 4.4.3

I live in a rural area that doesn't have LTE at the moment and probably will never have Spark, so would getting a tribrand phone be wise? Which phones are tribrand at the moment?

yes, get a triband phone.

even if you never get band 41, you should eventually get band 26 (lte800mhz) which would be important for rural areas.

• Like 1

I live in a rural area that doesn't have LTE at the moment and probably will never have Spark, so would getting a tribrand phone be wise? Which phones are tribrand at the moment?

First, single band LTE phones are going bye bye, as well as the dual band iPhones when Apple discontinues them. Soon the only phones you will be able to buy are triband.

Which phones are tribrand at the moment?

Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5, HTC One Max, HTC One (M8), Galaxy Mega, Nexus 5, LG G2, and 3 others, can't think of them off hand.

Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5, HTC One Max, HTC One (M8), Galaxy Mega, Nexus 5, LG G2, and 3 others, can't think of them off hand.

Do note on phones like the s4 which changes to triband make sure it is the triband model, not the single band. I have seen some sold that were single band, and some places may get mixed batches. But the s4 mini is another.

Do note on phones like the s4 which changes to triband make sure it is the triband model, not the single band. I have seen some sold that were single band, and some places may get mixed batches. But the s4 mini is another.

They still have stock of the Single Band S4 floating around? Wow, scary.

• Like 1

They still have stock of the Single Band S4 floating around? Wow, scary.

Yeah they do. At target Mobile I have seen a few, most of them have been triband models. You gotta get rid of the stock somehow lol.

Yeah they do. At target Mobile I have seen a few, most of them have been triband models. You gotta get rid of the stock somehow lol.

Just tell folks that it's the last Sprint phone for awhile that can simultaneously do voice and data (without going into why that is or the benefits of having access to B26 and B41), and I'm sure they'll be able to move a few units. I'm sure a few salespeople out there have tried that approach.

Just tell folks that it's the last Sprint phone for awhile that can simultaneously do voice and data (without going into why that is or the benefits of having access to B26 and B41), and I'm sure they'll be able to move a few units. I'm sure a few salespeople out there have tried that approach.

Ha most people just see a cheap phone. I don't sell the Contract phones, (wish I did) but that is done through a separate company that  is contracted out.I ususally help them if they are busy/not there or if they have a question. The only phones sold here are Samsung, and Apple, I have only seen 1 HTC one, and maybe 1-2 Lg g2's. I give them some info, but Most do not care either way lol

The Moto X is tempting but I'll probably go with the Nexus 5. I don't want a Samsung, hate Touch Wiz!! Haven't tried the new HTC Sense yet or LG's UI but I love stock android

The Moto X is tempting but I'll probably go with the Nexus 5. I don't want a Samsung, hate Touch Wiz!! Haven't tried the new HTC Sense yet or LG's UI but I love stock android

Smart move to stay away from the Moto X. This late in the game it's worthless to buy a single band phone, and with the Nexus 5, when the Sprint T-Mo deal goes through, we will have a lot more LTE coverage to use.

Which is better the HTC One (M8), Nexus 5 or the LG G2?

Nexus 5!

Which is better the HTC One (M8), Nexus 5 or the LG G2?

The only one I'd even consider other than the nexus would be the m8. Purely for the build quality, however you get way more for your money with the n5, plus better reception.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk