2014 WWDC Keynote Updates

sbolen

Anyone have an idea of when the public beta will be released? I am anxious to try it out....I'm assuming it won't be for a while. Sad face :/

Sometime this summer. I'm assuming late July at the earliest.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

I didn't hear them say iOS 8 would be available for public beta, only OS X 10.10.

I wish our buddy from iOS 7 days was still part of S4Gru who had access to register devices as beta.

Oh yeah, almost forgot to upload the pics of our all new, 4 inch screen-optimized Field Test App: ybazyha8.jpgdapa3yra.jpg

-Anthony

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Thanks! Really appreciate that. So much nicer to see the 4" optimized Field Test App.

• Like 1

I didn't hear them say iOS 8 would be available for public beta, only OS X 10.10.

I wish our buddy from iOS 7 days was still part of S4Gru who had access to register devices as beta.

Who was that?

Oh yeah, almost forgot to upload the pics of our all new, 4 inch screen-optimized Field Test App: ybazyha8.jpgdapa3yra.jpg

-Anthony

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Looks like the 1x screen finally shows the band class too. Grab a screen shot next time your connected to 1x800, it'll be interesting to see what it reads.

• Like 1

Looks like the 1x screen finally shows the band class too. Grab a screen shot next time your connected to 1x800, it'll be interesting to see what it reads.

Nah, it has always shown that. When connected to 800, it comes up as Secondary 800 MHz Band or something like that, and in parenthesis it would say "(10)" to indicate band class 10.

-Anthony

I forgot, but it was a member on this site who was giving access.

Whoever it was opened a thread and charged $5 to get access to the dev beta downloads of iOS7 & he gave half the proceeds to S4GRU. I think he only gave out a limited number of spots and once it was done Robert closed the thread.

Nah, it has always shown that. When connected to 800, it comes up as Secondary 800 MHz Band or something like that, and in parenthesis it would say "(10)" to indicate band class 10.

-Anthony

Ok, well maybe it has shown the band class when connected to 1x800 for you, but it hasn't showed that info when connected to 1x1900 since the 4S. Whenever I've connected to 1x800 I never had that data either, I had to look at the network ID for 22xxx to even tell if I was on 1x800. It was always sort of frustrating that data was absent and I could never find an explanation.
  • Like 1

I forgot, but it was a member on this site who was giving access.

I have a developer account for a freelance business. Let me see what I can do... 

I can tell you, though, that iOS 8b1 is SUPER BUGGY. I'd wait to do anything until at least the second or third beta. I had roll back my iPad to 7.x last night.

• Like 1

I have a developer account for a freelance business. Let me see what I can do...

I can tell you, though, that iOS 8b1 is SUPER BUGGY. I'd wait to do anything until at least the second or third beta. I had roll back my iPad to 7.x last night.

Just iOS dev account, or Mac dev account too?

Just iOS dev account, or Mac dev account too?

iOS Dev. I'm not nearly smart enough for Mac development -- too rich for my blood. lol

iOS Dev. I'm not nearly smart enough for Mac development -- too rich for my blood. lol

:(

I want in on the Yosemite beta before it goes public. :(

Here's an interesting thing: Resizable iPhone and iPad simulators. It's only just the beginning.

http://9to5mac.com/2014/06/02/xcode-6-features-resizable-iphone-and-ipad-simulators-leading-the-way-for-iphones-with-new-screen-resolutions/

Apple is screaming as loudly as they do within their self-imposed policies that you had better adopt AutoLayout because new device sizes and resolutions are coming.

I never thought they'd do third party keyboards but given the security infrastructure around extensions it makes sense to allow it since you can be guaranteed it isn't recording your keystrokes and sending them off to some server.

Also they changed the NDA: you can discuss anything they reveal at WWDC on public forums, you just can't post screenshots, reviews, or distribute the software (duh).

• Like 2

Is it really that bad? Was talking to someone I know who works for Apple, and he mentioned that it is stable'ish on the iPhone.

I'm not so keen on jumping in feet first, but it would be cool :)

Is it really that bad? Was talking to someone I know who works for Apple, and he mentioned that it is stable'ish on the iPhone.

I'm not so keen on jumping in feet first, but it would be cool :)

I'm running into app compatibility issues with a few third party apps. The jump from 6 to 7 was more difficult, though.

I'll hold off for a few more releases before I jump. The iMessage fixes are so great it's worth it.