LuisBOSS302

It's that time again for the phones to come out during the summer to start leaking!

The G2 is a great phone so we all have high expectations for LG to deliver a better phone in the G3!

Some rumors so far:
2K display

16 MP camera with OIS

Octa-Core/Snapdragon 805

5.5 inch display

http://www.stuff.tv/g3/lg-g3/review

• Like 1

It's that time again for the phones to come out during the summer to start leaking!

The G2 is a great phone so we all have high expectations for LG to deliver a better phone in the G3!

Some rumors so far:

2K display

16 MP camera with OIS

Octa-Core/Snapdragon 805

5.5 inch display

http://www.stuff.tv/g3/lg-g3/review

I really do not want to see screen increase.  Id rather they just do a 5.3 inch display and keep the same dimensions of the phones.  I don't want to be holding a Note like size device anytime soon.  Would love to see the Snapdragon 805 SOC chip.  I would be curious if LG would implement some heart rate monitor sensor and a fingerprint sensor.

• Like 1

I really do not want to see screen increase.  Id rather they just do a 5.3 inch display and keep the same dimensions of the phones.  I don't want to be holding a Note like size device anytime soon.  Would love to see the Snapdragon 805 SOC chip.  I would be curious if LG would implement some heart rate monitor sensor and a fingerprint sensor.

I could see a fingerprint type of tech on the G3. Probably will.

Thanks for posting this up. I was undecided on if I even wanted to look at this because I am really happy with my G2, more so than I have been with any device up to this point BUT seeing whats next won't hurt. :)

2k display? Jeeeez. I've never really noticed the difference between retina and the higher ppi displays. Doesn't effect me.

As long as my battery life wouldn't take a nose dive from what we have in the G2, I'd be all for it. I just hope it's not a "Keeping up with the Jones's" type of upgrade that means we have 2k like the competition, that, would be bad.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Ain't know way in the world my eyes could tell the difference between a 2K display and 1080.  Seems like a waste of battery and processor to power the extra micro pixels that will not improve the screen very much.  I could be wrong.  However, it just doesn't move me.

Robert

• Like 5

Ain't know way in the world my eyes could tell the difference between a 2K display and 1080. Seems like a waste of battery and processor to power the extra micro pixels that will not improve the screen very much. I could be wrong. However, it just doesn't move me.

Robert

On anything smaller than a 32 inch screen you really won't notice it. I've had the opportunity to watch a 4k video on a 60 Samsung TV, its a quite noticeable difference. I'm with you on sticking to 1080p. Instead of an upgrade screen, how about getting 32gb of storage for the price of 16gb. Now THAT would move me :D.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

On anything smaller than a 32 inch screen you really won't notice it. I've had the opportunity to watch a 4k video on a 60 Samsung TV, its a quite noticeable difference. I'm with you on sticking to 1080p. Instead of an upgrade screen, how about getting 32gb of storage for the price of 16gb. Now THAT would move me :D.

Lg already gives you 32gb for the base price on their last high end phones like the optimus g, g2 and flex.

It won't have a snapdragon 805 ..... It's going to be a LG Odin Octacore soc ....805 won't be out until probably Sept

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I dont believe for a second that the US version will have the Odin chip. Maybe the international version but with the US I dont see it given that sprint needs the 1x advanced built in which Qualcomm is an expert in. Not sure if odin chip provides that.

Lg is going to crush the s5 they will use the Odin soc because it's 64 bit and has the power vr 6 gpu to push the qhd screen ... It needs that chip for the screen snapdragon 805 won't be out until Oct probably in the mi phone then ...

http://www.muktware.com/2013/12/lg-g3-specs-leaked-5-5-inch-qhd-screen-lg-odin-64-bit-octa-core-processor/18251

All the rumors always imply the international version. The US galaxy note 3 didnt get the exynos processor while the international version did. Just watch the US G3 wont get odin processor and will be snapdragon.

• Like 3

Lg is going to crush the s5 they will use the Odin soc because it's 64 bit and has the power vr 6 gpu to push the qhd screen ... It needs that chip for the screen snapdragon 805 won't be out until Oct probably in the mi phone then ...

http://www.muktware.com/2013/12/lg-g3-specs-leaked-5-5-inch-qhd-screen-lg-odin-64-bit-octa-core-processor/18251

The Snapdragon 805 is going to be released in 1H 2014.  Where the heck did you read that the Snapdragon 805 chip will be available in October?  If Qualcomm is going to release their premier chip in October, then they are in huge trouble.  Even Qualcomm released their Snapdragon 800 chip by May/June so that the 2H 2014 smartphones can use them.  

See the Qualcomm press release about the Snapdragon 805

http://www.qualcomm.com/media/releases/2013/11/20/qualcomm-technologies-announces-next-generation-qualcomm-snapdragon-805

“Using a smartphone or tablet powered by Snapdragon 805 processor is like having an UltraHD home theater in your pocket, with 4K video, imaging and graphics, all built for mobile,” said Murthy Renduchintala, executive vice president, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., and co-president, QCT. “We’re delivering the mobile industry’s first truly end-to-end Ultra HD solution, and coupled with our industry leading Gobi LTE modems and RF transceivers, streaming and watching content at 4K resolution will finally be possible.”

The Snapdragon 805 processor is sampling now and expected to be available in commercial devices by the first half of 2014.

• Like 2

Now that the HTC One M8 phone has been announced with expandable microSD card storage of up to 128 GB, I think the LG G3 needs to have that functionality included to be competitive and along with a Snapdragon 805 chip and this will make it a beast of a phone.

• Like 1

Now that the HTC One M8 phone has been announced with expandable microSD card storage of up to 128 GB, I think the LG G3 needs to have that functionality included to be competitive and along with a Snapdragon 805 chip and this will make it a beast of a phone.

I'm over expandable memory (would think most people are), 32 internal has done me well starting with the HTC One but hey, we'll all be watching.  :D

I'm over expandable memory (would think most people are), 32 internal has done me well starting with the HTC One but hey, we'll all be watching.  :D

I haven't really loaded anything on my LG G2 but remember its all about choice.  You and I may be "over" expandable  memory but folks still want that ability to pop in a microSD card in case they need more memory.  The tech geeks when it comes down to it will still buy the G3 especially if it has the snapdragon 805 chip, at least 32 GB RAM and beefy enough battery but with expandable memory you will get even more folks to hop on the bandwagon.  That is the only reason why you would want to add that in there.

I haven't really loaded anything on my LG G2 but remember its all about choice.  You and I may be "over" expandable  memory but folks still want that ability to pop in a microSD card in case they need more memory.  The tech geeks when it comes down to it will still buy the G3 especially if it has the snapdragon 805 chip, at least 32 GB RAM and beefy enough battery but with expandable memory you will get even more folks to hop on the bandwagon.  That is the only reason why you would want to add that in there.

Yeah, I suppose I should think a bit broader but what fun is that.... I do agree, more choice, more visibility = more sales and we need that! If if can be added without hardware compromise (cough battery cough cough) then bring it on.  So crazy how little shine the G2 gets yet how much it makes NOT thinking about the mfg's of yesterday that we (well, at least I) was very loyal to, easy.  LG needs another winner with the G3 and they need NOT f us in the dev community. They need a program like HTCDev with mfg sponsored "unlocking" to further it's push into the elite rungs of premium Android Device Providers. :)

I have the S3 and my 2 year contract is up.  I still like contracts and will sign another 2 year contract when the LG G3 comes out.  As soon as Samsung introduced Knox for all without choice for us non-business users I was done with them.  I was wanting the Note 4, but I won't wait for it due to Knox.  The G3 sounds like exactly what I am looking for.  Hopefully their support/updates gets as good as Samsung is today though.

• Like 1

I have the S3 and my 2 year contract is up.  I still like contracts and will sign another 2 year contract when the LG G3 comes out.  As soon as Samsung introduced Knox for all without choice for us non-business users I was done with them.  I was wanting the Note 4, but I won't wait for it due to Knox.  The G3 sounds like exactly what I am looking for.  Hopefully their support/updates gets as good as Samsung is today though.

LG has been solid for us so far on updates.... ZVC (Kitkat) will be our 3rd update since release back in Oct/November IIRC. 

LG has been solid for us so far on updates.... ZVC (Kitkat) will be our 3rd update since release back in Oct/November IIRC.

In my opinion Samsung is headed to turn out like Apple, more a name than anything else. Lg has claimed the spot as the best phone maker this cycle with the g2 and n5. HTC is primed to take the number 2 spot if the m8 turns out as good as the reviews. I'm eager to see exactly what new things the g3 brings to the table(hopefully the new nexus phone is based off it again)!

• Like 3

I agree. ^^^ I'm kinda over the whole Samsung thing right now. TW, design, and introduction of Knox have just been somewhat of a turn off. I'm still pleased with my note 2, but I'm ready to move on. My contract is up and I am trying to hold out best I can for the g3. I will admit though. As of late the Sony xperia z2 had kinda caught my eye as well, but it's hard to deny the support that's given to the flagship Lg models lately.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk