caspar347

Moto E

The Motorola website says the E supports CDMA secondary 800, so is it possible it'll end up on Sprint? It's 3G-only, but it's very nice for it's price range.

Edit: But on their website, only GSM models are listed for purchase. So maybe they'll sell a CDMA version through the carriers?

I don't know if it'll be on Sprint specifically, however, I do think it'll end up on Republic Wireless and other MVNO's. It may even end up on Boost or Virgin, though those two seem to be heavily pushing LTE over 3G.

I must say, the phone is very good for the price. Motorola has a solid design that they are sticking with and I love it. The camera and specs might not be the best but, a phone that water resistant, scratch, resistant, smudge resistant, and so much more for under $200 off contract is a killer deal.

Sprint could easily market this device towards parents looking to buy a first smartphone for their children.

• Like 2

A new Motorola device just showed up on the FCC's website today:

FCC ID:  IHDT56PJ4

Frequency bands: 800 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz

CDMA, CDMA 1X, EV-DO (no LTE)

Dimensions: Approximately 65.44 mm x 124.45 mm

These specifications line up with a Moto E destined for Sprint's network.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=676613&fcc_id=IHDT56PJ4

• Like 5