Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

The dark theme in developer options seems nice, also there is a setting to keep cellular data active to allow fast switching of networks from wifi. SignalCheck Pro seems to work fine on M.

• Like 1

Would you say it's stable for everyday use? Also, notice any benefits of doze yet?

My contacts don't work on M, not sure if others are having the same problem. I can still use Google now to call or create new texts by OK google call/text name, but its a little annoying not having contacts listed.

My contacts don't work on M, not sure if others are having the same problem. I can still use Google now to call or create new texts by OK google call/text name, but its a little annoying not having contacts listed.

No problem with contacts here everything is working just like it was on lollipop.
  • Like 1

No problem with contacts here everything is working just like it was on lollipop.

I got it working by deleting and re signing into my google account. It must have been an error when initially trying to sync but it works fine now.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My N5 seems to be caught in the loop.... just flashes google turns off flashes google turns off...

Sooooo, I dont think it will get replaced in store, which means i will probably have to use the insurance. Not to happy about $100 ded. My thought is just upgrade and throw the $100 down on a new phone. However, was hoping to get a note 5. 

Now to the point.. Which phone should I get? After seeing that CA is popping up I definitely want one that has CA ability.. 

Please give me some suggestions

Samsung S6(or s6edge)

LG G4

are 2 that i know have CA options.. 

making decision today

My N5 seems to be caught in the loop.... just flashes google turns off flashes google turns off...

Sooooo, I dont think it will get replaced in store, which means i will probably have to use the insurance. Not to happy about $100 ded. My thought is just upgrade and throw the $100 down on a new phone. However, was hoping to get a note 5.

Now to the point.. Which phone should I get? After seeing that CA is popping up I definitely want one that has CA ability..

Please give me some suggestions

Samsung S6(or s6edge)

LG G4

are 2 that i know have CA options..

making decision today

Can you get to stock boot loader? Did you try re flashing the software with LG flash tool? I forgot exactly how to do it, but when the phone is off plug in USB cable hold a button (I think volume down) and power it on and it should display download mode. The phone basically has a second boot loader. If you can get that to come up you can still recover.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Can you get to stock boot loader? Did you try re flashing the software with LG flash tool? I forgot exactly how to do it, but when the phone is off plug in USB cable hold a button (I think volume down) and power it on and it should display download mode. The phone basically has a second boot loader. If you can get that to come up you can still recover.

i cant power it on. But i will try. When i plug it in it just starts the flashing of google and vibrates on and off

no luck wont stay on long enough i can get to restart bootloader but cant get it going

I was wrong about how to enter download mode, here is a guide from xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/general/tutorial-how-to-flash-factory-images-lg-t2713833.

Which phone should I get? After seeing that CA is popping up I definitely want one that has CA capability*.

HTC One M9

Damn it. The $55 screen replacement I ordered has a stuck pixel. Anyone have any suggestions on where to go for a working replacement screen? Or why it's so damn hard to get an actual OEM part for the N5? Or why LG decided to fuse the $5 glass/digitizer to the $50 LCD/housing? Ugh.

• 2 weeks later...

For the past few months my battery had been acting up. I struggled to get more than an hour of SOT per charge. I figured it was just normal battery degradation. But I noticed when I was moving the parts to a new housing+LCD (I cracked my screen a little while ago) that the battery looked a little swollen. for the next week the battery was draining at 1% per minute. I figured I would go ahead and order a replacement since they are pretty cheap. It got here yesterday and the difference is incredible.

New battery on the left, old one on the right:

RQ5aMbD.jpg?1

Not totally sure what happened to the old one. Maybe I bent it while moving it to the housing or something. The new battery is working perfectly. I'm at 48% and have already gotten 1hr 45min of SOT.  :D

• Like 3

For the past few months my battery had been acting up. I struggled to get more than an hour of SOT per charge. I figured it was just normal battery degradation. But I noticed when I was moving the parts to a new housing+LCD (I cracked my screen a little while ago) that the battery looked a little swollen. for the next week the battery was draining at 1% per minute. I figured I would go ahead and order a replacement since they are pretty cheap. It got here yesterday and the difference is incredible.

New battery on the left, old one on the right:

RQ5aMbD.jpg?1

Not totally sure what happened to the old one. Maybe I bent it while moving it to the housing or something. The new battery is working perfectly. I'm at 48% and have already gotten 1hr 45min of SOT.  :D

New battery seems to be on par, that's usually what I get with mine.

• Like 1

I grabbed a new LG OEM battery off eBay recently and did the replacement myself.. certainly do-able if you have some basic tech skills, but man was my original battery glued down well! Took quite a bit of gentle prying to get it out of there without destroying its outer shell. Enjoying the like-new battery life!

EDIT: For anyone looking for a new battery, here is the listing I purchased from; I was wary of the knockoffs and internationally-shipped ones. The battery I received appeared to be brand new and genuine LG:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Google-Nexus-5-LG-D820-D821-2300mAh-Battery-BL-T9-3-8V-8-74Wh-New/141711963289

-Mike

• Like 3

I grabbed a new LG OEM battery off eBay recently and did the replacement myself.. certainly do-able if you have some basic tech skills, but man was my original battery glued down well! Took quite a bit of gentle prying to get it out of there without destroying its outer shell. Enjoying the like-new battery life!

-Mike

I'm considering doing the same. I recently broke the plastic clips on the right side when I attempted to remove the back. I've seen a few replacements on Amazon so I will more than likely replace the battery when I replace the cover.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...