Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Nexus 6? Doubt it. A Nexus tablet? Maybe.

Just two days ago the hot news was that HTC was making the Nexus 6 (again). Now it's Motorola? I wouldn't bother with any of the rumors at this point.

• Like 1

I would buy a Motorola Nexus 6. The Moto X has been a solid device, especially in the RF dept. The only thing that made it a no go for Sprint was that it was limited to only Band 25. Count me intrigued.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4

Don't sleep on Motorola.....the Moto X is pretty spectacular, and the Moto 360 looks awesome!

5.9 inch screen is a bit much tho..

Just haven't been too impressed with Motorola recently. I'm open to changing my mind of course but I'd rather see an HTC Nexus 6.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just haven't been too impressed with Motorola recently. I'm open to changing my mind of course but I'd rather see an HTC Nexus 6.

Playing with the Moto G LTE side by side with the Nexus5 impressed me. Excellent phone in RF, speed, and definitely price. HTC's track record on phones has left me to not even look at their products the past couple years.
  • Like 1

Lately my stand by time has been terrible. The last two nights I left the phone off the charger and it drained over 50% battery. Any idea what could be causing this? The battery screen showed WiFi as the top user. I love this phone, but it seems to have more battery drain problems than I have had on all previous devices combined.

• Like 1

Lately my stand by time has been terrible. The last two nights I left the phone off the charger and it drained over 50% battery. Any idea what could be causing this? The battery screen showed WiFi as the top user. I love this phone, but it seems to have more battery drain problems than I have had on all previous devices combined.

take a lot of pictures recently? My battery life tanks till it finishes backing the photos up.

take a lot of pictures recently? My battery life tanks till it finishes backing the photos up.

I took a few from my tablet, but I haven't touched the phone camera in a while.

My sister owns a Moto X, and she (on sprint mind you, single band) refuses to give it up!! She absolutely loves it!

Also, as Robert has stated, the RF performance is solid! B25 is almost on par with .15 N5 radio

• Like 1

I don't really care who makes the next nexus. As long as it continues to be the same quality I've come to love out of my n5 (which I'm sure google will expect). However I really don't want a phablet.... I have really long fingers and larger than average sized hands and the nexus 5 is the perfect size. I just want to be able to fit my phone into my pocket and not have it look like I'm carrying around an external hard drive.

• Like 1

I don't really care who makes the next nexus. As long as it continues to be the same quality I've come to love out of my n5 (which I'm sure google will expect). However I really don't want a phablet.... I have really long fingers and larger than average sized hands and the nexus 5 is the perfect size. I just want to be able to fit my phone into my pocket and not have it look like I'm carrying around an external hard drive.

Do you also like rusty spoons? 9agure3y.jpg

• Like 2

I am hoping the N6 is still GSM/CDMA like the N5 and not back to GSM.

Sprint got skipped with the N4, not to mention majorly delayed updates for the Galaxy Nexus.

Now that they have an established good relationship with Google, I don't think that will be an issue.
  • Like 1

I'd definitely consider a Motorola Nexus. I just hope it's not 5.9 inches like the rumor suggests, which is too big IMO.

The Moto X is a pretty solid phone. I had signal on the Moto X where the LG Nexus 5 had nothing, mind you that was all on AT&T. The only thing I'm not crazy about with Motorola is their AMOLED displays, they just aren't bright enough in direct sunlight.

Edited by MkVsTheWorld

I would rather just have another n5 + double or triple battery size/time.

oh, and better b41 sensitivity or scanning.

Edited by dedub

5.9" + sprint + same price like the N5 = my next phone

5'9'' + slender + brunette + Czech or Ukrainian extraction = my next girlfriend

;)

AJ

• Like 9

So i have attempted to switch back to Sprint from Ting. I wanted to lower my bill about 6 months ago and i switched to Ting which has been a great experience. Now that i have been using my device more, i decided to switch back to Sprint on a Framily plan. The problem is my old account is in the Sprint system still and my Nexus 5 can't be activated for some reason. The Sprint system is not taking my MEID/IMEI. I have been to the Sprint store a few times and have talked to ALOT of Sprint reps in Finance, Sales, and Customer service. The funny thing is, ATT and Tmobile have no issues when i put in the IMEI on their sites to activate service. Seems to be a Sprint side issue. Im going to a Sprint Corporate store tonight, but im doubtful they will get this figured out. So frustrating...

Edited by Jswets

So i have attempted to switch back to Sprint from Ting. I wanted to lower my bill about 6 months ago and i switched to Ting which has been a great experience. Now that i have been using my device more, i decided to switch back to Sprint on a Framily plan. The problem is my old account is in the Sprint system still and my Nexus 5 can't be activated for some reason. The Sprint system is not taking my MEID/IMEI. I have been to the Sprint store a few times and have talked to ALOT of Sprint reps in Finance, Sales, and Customer service. The funny thing is, ATT and Tmobile have no issues when i put in the IMEI on their sites to activate service. Seems to be a Sprint side issue. Im going to a Sprint Corporate store tonight, but im doubtful they will get this figured out. So frustrating...

You need to ask ting to release the imei back to sprint.

You need to ask ting to release the imei back to sprint.

Thanks for the response lilotimz,

I called Ting and nothing is holding it back according to them. The Sprint store was using the hex version of the MEID/IMEI to try and activate, but they may have had to use the dec version of the number for it to work. I'm going to have them try both tonight after work. 

Thanks for the response lilotimz,

I called Ting and nothing is holding it back according to them. The Sprint store was using the hex version of the MEID/IMEI to try and activate, but they may have had to use the dec version of the number for it to work. I'm going to have them try both tonight after work. 

If it doesn't work this time, don't call, open a ticket with Ting online. lilotimz is right, I had to do this procedure with one of my in-law's phone.  MEIDs in Sprint's system are either locked to "wholesale" (i.e. MVNO) or "corporate" (Sprint itself).  For whatever reason, no one at Sprint seems to know how to switch between them and Ting doesn't remove it from the wholesale list unless you specifically ask them to. 

If it doesn't work this time, don't call, open a ticket with Ting online. lilotimz is right, I had to do this procedure with one of my in-law's phone.  MEIDs in Sprint's system are either locked to "wholesale" (i.e. MVNO) or "corporate" (Sprint itself).  For whatever reason, no one at Sprint seems to know how to switch between them and Ting doesn't remove it from the wholesale list unless you specifically ask them to. 

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I have created the ticket. Hopefully if anyone else is on Ting and they see this, it will help them get their Nexus 5 back on Sprint should they switch back. 

Edited by Jswets
  • Like 1

• S4GRU changed the title to Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!