Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I'm hyped about getting mine.  Unfortunately I may not be able to use it on Ting by the time it arrives.

Mine is here, but I could not find a SIM card at the closest 6 Sprint repair centers so I have to wait for Sprint to overnight me one and it will not be here until tomorrow. 

Oh well, stuck on WiFi for now.

Hopefully we can finally start seeing some user feedback. So far so good! it is without a doubt the best device ive owned!!!

Lucky you got the 16GB model, I guess.

Can't confirm any 32GB models that have MEIDs loaded with sprint, sadly.

Hopefully we can finally start seeing some user feedback. So far so good! it is without a doubt the best device ive owned!!!

So give us some more information on the improved signal strength you mentioned. Were you saying it gets a stronger LTE signal than your HTC One? This would be some awesome news.

So give us some more information on the improved signal strength you mentioned. Were you saying it gets a stronger LTE signal than your HTC One? This would be some awesome news.

I am not 100% sure what signal check is picking up but its under "LTE", might need to try to get into an engineering screen to get more details on ACTUAL signal strength, but so far its showing some pretty incredible numbers.

Mine just arrived!!!

Robert's seventeenth bundle of joy.  Somebody needs to give him a vasectomy...er...handsetectomy.

:P

AJ

• Like 8

Mine just arrived!!!

Can you confirm online that your phone has a valid MEID?  Or does it say "Hmmm… this number doesn't match our records, please try again."

Since you have a 16GB model, you should be good to go...

• Like 2

Can you confirm online that your phone has a valid MEID?  Or does it say "Hmmm… this number doesn't match our records, please try again."

Installing the update now.  I will then plug in my ATT SIM first and check that out.  Then will do the Sprint SIM and try to authenticate.  And then try back ATT to see if it will go back after giving Sprint the MEID.  I'm concerned it may not go both ways once it is on the Sprint network.

Robert

• Like 3

Thus far, Sprint is offering on contract only the 16 GB models.  Is that why we think those ESN/IMEI/MEIDs are already in the system, while the 32 GB versions are not?

AJ

Installing the update now.  I will then plug in my ATT SIM first and check that out.  Then will do the Sprint SIM and try to authenticate.  And then try back ATT to see if it will go back after giving Sprint the MEID.  I'm concerned it may not go both ways once it is on the Sprint network.

Robert

It definitely goes both ways.  You don't even need to activate - just enter the MEID into the device code box and see if you get the error when you click "check code".

Thus far, Sprint is offering on contract only the 16 GB models.  Is that why we think those ESN/IMEI/MEIDs are already in the system, while the 32 GB versions are not?

AJ

Correct.  Now that we have even more evidence that this is the case, they'll hopefully be able to correct it.  I called google and let them know, so hopefully they are fixing it.

• Like 1

Installing the update now.  I will then plug in my ATT SIM first and check that out.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Dallas or Atlanta, Randall Stephenson...

Mr-Burns-Saying-Excellent.gif

AJ

• Like 8

dont forget to unlock that bootloader!

Since the users thread is now open, if you would like to post specific instructions, feel free to do so.  Thanks.

AJ

I like the camera. It's taking better pics than my Note 2. And I don't need more than 8MP. This using HDR+.

uploadfromtaptalk1383599140403.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 4