Samsung Galaxy S5 User Thread

LuisBOSS302

Noticed that if you shake my S5 and listen around the camera you hear something loose? I've read that it could be a bad camera, or something like the same issue that some Verizon S5 have? Anyone else have this rattle/shaking sound?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Noticed that if you shake my S5 and listen around the camera you hear something loose? I've read that it could be a bad camera, or something like the same issue that some Verizon S5 have? Anyone else have this rattle/shaking sound?

I hear it on mine and I got it about 2 weeks ago on amazon

I hear it on mine and I got it about 2 weeks ago on amazon

This is apparently the focus mechanism and it "may" rattle some when the camera is not engaged (on).  When the camera is engaged (app open), it will go away as its doing its job.  Not all behave this way though from my internet readings and it is not an indication your camera is bad.  It did happen that my camera did that and I DID get the camera failed error twice, but that was perhaps a coincidence.

This is apparently the focus mechanism and it "may" rattle some when the camera is not engaged (on). When the camera is engaged (app open), it will go away as its doing its job. Not all behave this way though from my internet readings and it is not an indication your camera is bad. It did happen that my camera did that and I DID get the camera failed error twice, but that was perhaps a coincidence.

OK thanks just didn't sound right, thanks.

• Like 1

Got my replacement new device today and the camera rattles on this one too when the camera isn't engaged. FYI. Camera works well despite this. Placebo, I'm sure, but the reception seems slightly stronger with this device.

sent from an underwater dust storm with my S5

Really like how the S5 tries to pick up B41 right away without doing anything to it.

But it'll stay on a fringe B41 signal even though there's a much stronger B25 signal available. Only thing that bothers me is that it switches from B25 to B41 and vice-versa so often. Probably a network issue in the area.

I have a small niggle about my s5: the signal indicator bars are not calibrated correctly for lte. Anything less than -100db rsrp displays as only 1 bar. Since -100db rsrp is equivalent to -70 to -80db rssi my phone shows only 1 bar most of the time. It has a very negative psychological impact on perceived network quality.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have a small niggle about my s5: the signal indicator bars are not calibrated correctly for lte. Anything less than -100db rsrp displays as only 1 bar. Since -100db rsrp is equivalent to -70 to -80db rssi my phone shows only 1 bar most of the time. It has a very negative psychological impact on perceived network quality.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Agreed. I would suspect many Sprint noobs would complain immediately that they have no signal with the S5. However it's a very usable 1 bar. I hope they recalibrate this soon.

sent from an underwater dust storm with my S5

My Verizon phone is calibrated much more realistically. So I don't think there is any reason sprint can't recalibrate it.

The VZW handset supports SVLTE. It may not even be displaying LTE signal via the "bars."

AJ

The VZW handset supports SVLTE. It may not even be displaying LTE signal via the "bars."

AJ

I believe it is after the jellybean update. When I lose lte the number of bars displayed on 3g is higher than what was displayed in lte before the phone fell back to 3g. But I could be mistaken.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Does anybody's phone ever just "forget" it has band 26 and just drops to 3g? Here's what I mean by that. Whenever I walk into my basement I know it will drop band 25, but sometimes instead of going to band 26 it will just drop to 3g. A quick radio cycle in the same spot and I'll be connected to band 26 at -108dbm. Anybody else experience something like that with this phone?

Does anybody's phone ever just "forget" it has band 26 and just drops to 3g? Here's what I mean by that. Whenever I walk into my basement I know it will drop band 25, but sometimes instead of going to band 26 it will just drop to 3g. A quick radio cycle in the same spot and I'll be connected to band 26 at -108dbm. Anybody else experience something like that with this phone?

What PRL is on your phone?  (not that its the answer, just curious)  I'm PRL 51101.  I will see that I now jump on to B26 from B25 directly and it rarely goes to 3G.  If it does go to 3G, it'll hop back to LTE within a minute or two, unless it really can't see any B26 at all.  And this is in very spotty areas where I KNOW I will have weak signal.

• Like 2

What PRL is on your phone? (not that its the answer, just curious) I'm PRL 51101. I will see that I now jump on to B26 from B25 directly and it rarely goes to 3G. If it does go to 3G, it'll hop back to LTE within a minute or two, unless it really can't see any B26 at all. And this is in very spotty areas where I KNOW I will have weak signal.

51100. It doesn't happen all the time but I find my phone on 3g a lot when I take it out of my pocket whenever I'm out and about and maybe that's the reason

Anybody know of any GS5 deals out there?

Ask and ye shall receive!

http://www.radioshack.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=28426736

Edit: looks like that's contingent on a trade-in of a relatively new device for their buy back, so might not be much better than other buy back deals.  However, still attractive.

• Like 1

Ask and ye shall receive!

http://www.radioshack.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=28426736

Edit: looks like that's contingent on a trade-in of a relatively new device for their buy back, so might not be much better than other buy back deals.  However, still attractive.

Yes, I saw that deal.  They wouldn't give me much for my current phone.

Yes, I saw that deal.  They wouldn't give me much for my current phone.

Bought 2 S5's via Amazon, and they should be waiting for me at my house. Think they were $112 each. Going to sell my phones via Glyde. Based on what it looks like I can get from them, even after buying a Lifeproof I should be $40 or so ahead.

If the store is smart they fix it. Its only held on by one screw and can be fixed in seconds. We harvest them off all gs5 that get sent back since its not a part sprint currently replenishes us with.

I took it to a local store. Said they wouldn't do it. Sucks. They said they haven't seen it happen yet.

I took it to a local store. Said they wouldn't do it. Sucks. They said they haven't seen it happen yet.

I can see it being broke off but the store not fixing it? It's not that hard, a few minutes and boom fixed new door. it's not like the employee is going to have to either think or work for a hour to fix it. I mean with in 5 to 10 min he/she should have it done.

Sent from my Galaxy S5