Samsung Galaxy S5 User Thread

LuisBOSS302

So how is that a safety concern?  Just curious.  Also do you know if devices that are actually hotspot are in the same ship?  The reason I bring this up is I have a chrome cast device on my TV and its only able to see 2.4 and connect to 2.4 wifi.  Ive recently discovered how much more throughput i get out of 5ghz on my phones hotspot so I keep it on 5, but after that discovery unfortunately I discovered the issue with the chrome cast only connecting to 2.4.  I have since gotten a temp fix for 80 bucks.  bought a network extender and the chrome cast connects to that 2.4 signal.

Doesn't have anything to do with safety. The WiFi radio shares the same path. Same reason why you don't have SVLTE/SVLTE on Tri-Band Devices.

I haven't looked at HotSpot devices on the FCC, I'm sorry.

Oh yeah also had one other question for GS5 users. Is your phone constantly doing software updates? Mine is and I am not sure why. But it keeps brining up that checkmark in a circle saying software update. This happens multiple times a day. I am connected to B26 LTE at the time it happens.

Yeah. Started that with the ne5 software. Annoying and hopefully fixed with our next software. Sprint has acknowledged the issue.

sent from an underwater dust storm with my Sprint S5

• Like 1

Never get 800 voice on wifes s5 only 1x , was in target loss 1x and got no signal from 800 voice only seen 800 voice once one phone im in delaware market 800 is everywhere. Anybody get 800 alot or mostly 1x.

Never get 800 voice on wifes s5 only 1x , was in target loss 1x and got no signal from 800 voice only seen 800 voice once one phone im in delaware market 800 is everywhere. Anybody get 800 alot or mostly 1x.

im on 1x800 usually at home, band 26 most everywhere else.

The GS5 will go to 1x800 automatically if you're on B26 LTE at the moment you initiate or receive a phone call.

• 3 weeks later...

Update, NK4, is now out! Go mash the update button. It worked for me!

I had to reboot 4 times after update to get everything working. 2 of those were Samsung initiated reboots.

Lock screen looks slightly different. Time to dig into what's different.

uploadfromtaptalk1416485240306.jpg

Update, NK4, is now out! Go mash the update button. It worked for me!

I had to reboot 4 times after update to get everything working. 2 of those were Samsung initiated reboots.

Lock screen looks slightly different. Time to dig into what's different.

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1416485240306.jpg

Yep, it's official: https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/899728#899728

Has anybody installed this yet?  How does it perform?  Any bugs noticeable?

Based on my screenshot above, I have it installed.  

I have noticed that so far

• The Wireless Charging sound is now gone (finally!)
  • The camera appears to load quicker for me, probably placebo effect
  • My phone latches on to B41 LTE2500 from much, much further out
  • My phone book actually downloaded over my bluetooth connection to my Dodge Durango Uconnect system (huge win there)
  • Lock screen dots look different
  • There's now a verified area of settings for apps that are allowed to send text messages to avoid scams/phishing, which is nice although I can't seem to find that settings area again after it popped up
  • Signal Check Pro now reports neighboring cells and PCI information

What else are people seeing? Not ready yet to switch over to ART, but hopefully that runs smoother too.

• Like 2

Is anyone else getting a series of texts after the update from the number 9485?. The content appears to be similar to:

itson:cAwASAQY3ODU0NDIBCAAAAUnOSAuq

I get one every few minutes. If it matters, I'm using Google Hangouts as my SMS client.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Based on my screenshot above, I have it installed.  

I have noticed that so far

• My phone latches on to B41 LTE2500 from much, much further out

Glad to hear Sprint obviously works closely with Samsung to optimize the Spark experience!  Hopefully the Note 4 will get an update soon, too.

Is anyone else getting a series of texts after the update from the number 9485?. The content appears to be similar to:

itson:cAwASAQY3ODU0NDIBCAAAAUnOSAuq

I get one every few minutes. If it matters, I'm using Google Hangouts as my SMS client.

Thanks.

Have you ever rooted your phone?  

That is a provisioning code from Sprint, from what I've been told in the past.  You're going to just have to block that number otherwise they'll never stop. 

I had rooted my S4 and tinkered some with the baseband.  Then I started getting those texts and they never stopped until I blacklisted that number.  I even gave that phone over to my wife and wiped everything, still got the texts.  Very weird, but that was the only resolution. 

• Like 1

Have you ever rooted your phone?  

That is a provisioning code from Sprint, from what I've been told in the past.  You're going to just have to block that number otherwise they'll never stop. 

I had rooted my S4 and tinkered some with the baseband.  Then I started getting those texts and they never stopped until I blacklisted that number.  I even gave that phone over to my wife and wiped everything, still got the texts.  Very weird, but that was the only resolution. 

I got a similar text last night (though from 9355) on my Galaxy Note 4 and I haven't done any kind of rooting or romming to it - probably simply happened because I'm using hangouts for my text message client.

This phone has never been rooted. I'll block the texts. Thanks for the response.

I got a similar text last night (though from 9355) on my Galaxy Note 4 and I haven't done any kind of rooting or romming to it - probably simply happened because I'm using hangouts for my text message client.

Yeah, it's totally possible its related to Hangouts too.  

So for wfc you need location on now. Bummer

Man, WFC is nice to have when you really, really need it, but I didn't realize I wasn't getting MMS messages (on Hangouts or Messenger(Google one)), missing calls from WiFi AP handoffs or weak spots. It interfered with my GPS lock only in Maps and Waze. It's a mess unless you really need it. Like I said, excellent for dungeons though if you're aware of the issues it can cause.

Man, WFC is nice to have when you really, really need it, but I didn't realize I wasn't getting MMS messages (on Hangouts or Messenger(Google one)), missing calls from WiFi AP handoffs or weak spots. It interfered with my GPS lock only in Maps and Waze. It's a mess unless you really need it. Like I said, excellent for dungeons though if you're aware of the issues it can cause.

Never had any issues with it. Its been pretty solid. I guess the need for location is due to international support.