Samsung Galaxy S5 User Thread

LuisBOSS302

Guys I need help. My galaxy s5 got condensation and its turning on but screen stays black. Occasional flash of random dots on screen. Buttons all work as far as I can tell. Is there something I can get to hook it up to an external display?

That's sucks. How'd you get condensation in there?

Settings > Network Connections > More networks > Roaming

Like I said its not there. Om my non working one I would agree. But this new one is lacking the roaming settings...

That's sucks. How'd you get condensation in there?

Bathroom and steam...

Lets just say I have a zerolemon 7500mah ext. Battery. So its not water resistant anymore. And I fixed both problems. Screen is shot but phone still functions. Paid to get new screen. And as far as missing functions. Well I had to do a full complete system reset. It worked like a charm.

• Like 1

My contract expires in three weeks.  I was looking at switching to TMO.  I am pretty hot after the GS5 Sport.  The plan prices at TMO are fine, like in the $60-$80 range for everything I need.  But good lord, have they really done away with phone subsidies via contracts?  A sprint GS5 costs $199 when you sign a 2 year deal, fine, the plan is $60 a month.  TMO wants you to pay $600 full retail for a phone in order to access the same $60 (or $70 a month plan) in exchange for.......just not having a 2 year contract.  Thats the deal...really?  Spend $400 more and just don't have a contract!!!  Why would anyone think that's a good deal???  Sprint blows them away, $199 for a phone, $60 for unlimited everything. 

My contract expires in three weeks. I was looking at switching to TMO. I am pretty hot after the GS5 Sport. The plan prices at TMO are fine, like in the $60-$80 range for everything I need. But good lord, have they really done away with phone subsidies via contracts? A sprint GS5 costs $199 when you sign a 2 year deal, fine, the plan is $60 a month. TMO wants you to pay $600 full retail for a phone in order to access the same $60 (or $70 a month plan) in exchange for.......just not having a 2 year contract. Thats the deal...really? Spend $400 more and just don't have a contract!!! Why would anyone think that's a good deal??? Sprint blows them away, $199 for a phone, $60 for unlimited everything.

If I recall correctly, the $60 sprint plan doesn't include subsidies either.

Sent from my SM-G900P

My contract expires in three weeks. I was looking at switching to TMO. I am pretty hot after the GS5 Sport. The plan prices at TMO are fine, like in the $60-$80 range for everything I need. But good lord, have they really done away with phone subsidies via contracts? A sprint GS5 costs $199 when you sign a 2 year deal, fine, the plan is $60 a month. TMO wants you to pay $600 full retail for a phone in order to access the same $60 (or $70 a month plan) in exchange for.......just not having a 2 year contract. Thats the deal...really? Spend $400 more and just don't have a contract!!! Why would anyone think that's a good deal??? Sprint blows them away, $199 for a phone, $60 for unlimited everything.

You got that wrong. Its 60 +27 a month for the phone or 80 + 200 for a 2 year contract.
  • Like 1

You got that wrong. Its 60 +27 a month for the phone or 80 + 200 for a 2 year contract.

Ahhh I got you now.  That's essentially the same thing as what I have now that I signed up for in 2012.  I still don't get the idea of the flex pay no contract thing.  If you don't want a contract and want to leave after 6 months you owe sprint $440 for the phone, after 12 months, $300.  The cost of switching is still ridiculously high and you are likely stuck with a phone you can't use on a diff carrier.  How is this really all that different from signing a 2 year deal and paying an ETF if you really want out and hate your service?

• Like 1

Isn't that still a bargain compared to TMobile.  Its $600 for a phone (whether I flex it or not I am paying $600 one way or the other) and $80 a month for unlimited everything.  At Sprint if I choose unlimited everything for $80 my phone is $200.  I save $400.  How is that not a giant marketing point for Sprint!!!!

• Like 1

Dang, Sprint got pwned by Verizon of all carriers!

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/09/09/verizon-pushing-android-4-4-4-update-to-samsung-galaxy-s5/

sent from an underwater dust storm with my Sprint S5

Probably because the newest OTA blocks the latest root exploit.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Here is a real GS5 question.  Does the device use SIM cards and therefore can be unlocked if I travel abroad so I can pop in a SIM from a local carrier.  Does the GS5 that I buy from Sprint support those global GSM bands that I will find in countries in S. America and Europe if I am able to unlock the device?

Here is a real GS5 question. Does the device use SIM cards and therefore can be unlocked if I travel abroad so I can pop in a SIM from a local carrier. Does the GS5 that I buy from Sprint support those global GSM bands that I will find in countries in S. America and Europe if I am able to unlock the device?

Yes*

*-depends on region

I'll need this is April, so I'd love to hear your experience. From what I know, you just have to unlock through Sprint before you leave. They moved the APN editing to an area in networks now.

• Like 1

Dang, Sprint got pwned by Verizon of all carriers!

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/09/09/verizon-pushing-android-4-4-4-update-to-samsung-galaxy-s5/

Has anybody heard any rumors or anything about when 4.4.4 is coming to Sprint's GS5?

Has anybody heard any rumors or anything about when 4.4.4 is coming to Sprint's GS5?

I check for updated RDFs and source code posting every morning.  They're working on it as new RDFs are posted.  Check out this thread here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2765798

Once the source is posted, the OTA is usually released the next day or the following.  The current RDF shows NE5 (our current software) but sometimes that doesn't change until after the source is posted.  RDFs just give us an idea of if sprint is testing anything and if it changes frequently they are still finding/squashing bugs and retesting.

• Like 2

Everyone is on the lookout for 4.4.4 coming, but I just checked my phone's Android Version in the about device section and it is currently 4.4.2...Am I missing an update or is there going to be a jump? I have checked for updates using my phone and using Kies and they all say my software is updated.

Everyone is on the lookout for 4.4.4 coming, but I just checked my phone's Android Version in the about device section and it is currently 4.4.2...Am I missing an update or is there going to be a jump? I have checked for updates using my phone and using Kies and they all say my software is updated.

There's no update for us yet that I've heard of. We will go from 4.4.2 (current NE5) to 4.4.4.

• Like 1

Does anyone else get this on their s5 when trying to play a YouTube video within google play newsstand? This only happens on lte. It's fine on wifi. I'm trying to figure out if it's an s5 issue or an app issue. Happens every single time.

47ee7dc2f02eccc62151d979e2cf4c8e.jpg

Zero out your server proxies in the ##data# menu, edit, enter your MSL, multimedia, change fields to 0 or 0.0.0.0

• Like 1

Zero out your server proxies in the ##data# menu, edit, enter your MSL, multimedia, change fields to 0 or 0.0.0.0

Changed it to

1b40730f111161412c85640964813667.jpg

Still same error message. What's weird is that if I start the video in wifi I can switch over to LTE just fine. And it'll finish playing. The video just needs to initialize in wifi.

• Like 1

Changed it to

Still same error message. What's weird is that if I start the video in wifi I can switch over to LTE just fine. And it'll finish playing. The video just needs to initialize in wifi.

Did you reboot the phone after changing this????