Samsung Galaxy S5 User Thread

LuisBOSS302

Thanks for the reply.  I've seen a lot of people complaining about it on the Sprint forums.  The Sprint replies are saying change the phone to be CDMA only until the issue is resolved.  I didn't know if it was a market thing or if it's like that everywhere.

I'm in a spark market as well and i get calls that never come through as well as late text messages. they've told me to put it in cdma mode too.

• Like 1

I'm in a spark market as well and i get calls that never come through as well as late text messages. they've told me to put it in cdma mode too.

Yeah, to me, that's not acceptable.  How would you ever know if/when they update your area so that it works correctly in LTE mode to know when you can change your phone back to LTE mode?! 

I've read many mixed posts about this device's signal performance (maybe due to people using signal bars as a measurement) Whats the bottom line on rf performance?

To me, just using the phone not looking at specific numbers. Seems to preform the same (I.e. signal and speed wise.) As my One M8, I can't remember back when I had my G2 but my area also just started getting B26, after I swapped to the S5 so there is that. Hope someone else chimes in. Apples to apples I get signal so I'm not complaining, unlike my coworkers (: *evil laugh*

To me, just using the phone not looking at specific numbers. Seems to preform the same (I.e. signal and speed wise.) As my One M8, I can't remember back when I had my G2 but my area also just started getting B26, after I swapped to the S5 so there is that. Hope someone else chimes in. Apples to apples I get signal so I'm not complaining, unlike my coworkers (: *evil laugh*

Yeah, I used to be like your coworkers. I used to work in a huge high school built out of concrete cinder blocks. I had no signal and the preferred roaming partner in Houston was Cricket (which also uses PCS band). My EVO's battery would drain extremely fast and the phone would keep switching between a useless weak Sprint signal and an even worse Cricket signal. But ever since then, I've done my due diligence when picking a phone. I'm sure things have changed now since 1x and LTE are available on the SMR band, but you can never be too careful when it comes to picking phones.

Anyone know a way to get around the finger print scanner. Not the unlock screen but the manage fingerprints, my aunt got a S5 and her daughter played with it and now my aunt wants to try the scanner. I know it would be easy to just ask her daughter for her finger print or the alternate pass but she just flew out of the country for her vacation so it will be 2 weeks at least so haha. Thanks for the help everyone.

Edited by ghostkilla1388

Anyone know a way to get around the finger print scanner. Not the unlock screen but the manage fingerprints, my aunt got a S5 and her daughter played with it and now my aunt wants to try the scanner. I know it would be easy to just ask her daughter for her finger print or the alternate pass but she just flew out of the country for her vacation so it will be 2 weeks at least so haha. Thanks for the help everyone.

Clear data in application manager for the finger print app?  Doubt that would work, but otherwise, I think its a factory reset or wait it out.

Clear data in application manager for the finger print app? Doubt that would work, but otherwise, I think its a factory reset or wait it out.

Says that I don't have permission to do that. I'll keep trying. It won't be until tomorrow when we could call her so haha might have to wait.

One setting that I think would be nice is the ability to hold the volume up, volume down or the home button down for X amount of seconds and the camera flash would come on without having to unlock the phone and go to the widget. I use mine sometimes at work and, while not a pain to unlock and goto the widget, would make it easier and faster. I know there some apps and Roms that have this built in but for a average user it would be a nice feature that could be turned on or off.

• Like 2

I want to speed up the camera app. It takes forever to open, like at least 6 to 8 seconds or more of waiting before I can snap a pic.

The international S5 got an update to speed up the camera opening, but that has yet to hit our phones.  Hopefully that'll come soon.  I was told by a "high level" Sprint tech support yesterday that another build is in testing for our phones that addresses the bluetooth issues (car kit connection on outgoing calls that is directly related to SMR800) that I've been having plus the call echo issues that many people have reported.  He said it would be pushed out by end of July, so perhaps that'll include the camera speed update?  Take that with a huge grain of salt, but I had to get transferred 4 times to get to this guy.  Perhaps he was telling the truth.  I don't see any new RDFs posted yet though.

Oh also, did you guys get the update to Google Search app? It now allows "Ok, Google" hotword to be said from any screen/app even when the phone is locked and charging (even wireless charging).  It doesn't work if the screen is off and phone is not charging though, unlike the MotoX.  This is pretty sweet.  You have to opt into the settings and train "Ok, Google" inside Google Now.

• Like 2

I sure hope this is correct, suddenly Wi-Fi calling on my s5 is junk. Every time it says connection error, and I've tried both my DSL lines to if there is a difference. There isn't.

y2a5u7yp.jpg

Mine stopped working yesterday. 3 different areas with wifi all get "network connection error". Chatted with sprint this morning they removed and readded the service, even refreshed the phone and still the same error.

. . .  suddenly Wi-Fi calling on my s5 is junk. Every time it says connection error, and I've tried both my DSL lines to if there is a difference. There isn't.

Mine stopped working yesterday. 3 different areas with wifi all get "network connection error". Chatted with sprint this morning they removed and readded the service, even refreshed the phone and still the same error.

WiFi calling has stopped working in NW Chicagoland also.  Nuts, I was starting to like it.

EDIT, 1:15pm CDT 7/4: And it has restarted as mysteriously as it stopped.

Yeah I enabled it. But i think it's not enabled on the network side. Just a placeholder setting/icon. Doesn't seem to do anything no matter how large a file I try to download.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Umm, guys I need some help.... I tried sending some pictures I took on the 4th and it popped up and said unable to read image type, it only had a button for ok. When I clicked it, it cleared the picture from the text box and now the two are missing from my gallery. Is there a way to get them back?