HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

First taste of band 41 in Fullerton. Locked on automatically. Can't wait to see the bay area fill in with band 41.

Screenshot_2014-03-30-14-24-18.png

• Like 5

My G2 hanged on to a 138 band 41.

This phone holds on to LTE like nobody's business. It held on to Band 41 until -135dbm today and data was still going through. It was slow, but it still worked.

For some reason my phone hooks on to Band 41 and doesn't let go until it is absolutely necessary. Does this device scan that band first?

• Like 1

First taste of band 41 in Fullerton. Locked on automatically. Can't wait to see the bay area fill in with band 41.

That's awesome.  I'm, somehow getting a faster upload speed than I am download.  19.48 Mbps up compared to 16.78 Mbps down.  lol

That is AWESOME. Just to confirm, is that with the stock messaging app?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I can tell you that I'm still limited with the picture size when using Handcent.  I use Handcent because I can route certain people to a Private inbox, so that when family (like one of my nieces) or friends play around with my phone, they can't see certain things.  I'd hate to have to ask my wife not to send "certain things" to me any longer if I lost that ability!

• Like 2

Have you tried setting it to 3G Only? That could help some with the disconnects until the CSFB issue is resolved.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Hey I wanted to reply again to you about this. I set it to CDMA only and have updated my profile, updated prl, ##72786# reset and went through hands free activation again. And still my 3g disconnects, text messages are all messed up, and incoming calls to my phone don't work. 

I've had the phone for 4 days, I'm going to try my luck and take it to the corporate store and see if I can get a replacement, maybe I got a lemon. If I get a new one and it's still acting this way, I guess I'll tough it out til the fallback switches are installed.

Hey I wanted to reply again to you about this. I set it to CDMA only and have updated my profile, updated prl, ##72786# reset and went through hands free activation again. And still my 3g disconnects, text messages are all messed up, and incoming calls to my phone don't work. 

I've had the phone for 4 days, I'm going to try my luck and take it to the corporate store and see if I can get a replacement, maybe I got a lemon. If I get a new one and it's still acting this way, I guess I'll tough it out til the fallback switches are installed.

Not a lemon, simply eCSFB. I thought the same thing about my device. Then I went out and about throughout the city and my phone worked perfectly. Once I got home, calls were dropping and other such nonsense. Texts are working fine for me now though.

Even better in Fremont by Cloverleaf Bowl. Again it connected automatically. I haven't even changed band priorities.

Screenshot_2014-03-31-07-32-23.png

• Like 5

Is there a map that shows what areas are upgraded with 41?

In the Premier Sponsor section there is a map with all upgraded Clear sites and all sites that are scheduled to be upgraded, as well as when they are scheduled to be upgraded.

are there any band 41 sites going up that were not wimax to begin with? i'm in petaluma, ca (nothern ca) and there was never any wimax. Do i have a shot at getting band 41 ever? Also quick question is someone would be so kind. On the sponsors map every tower in my area except one or two are green...3G/4G/800..does the 800 just mean 800 voice or is that 800 LTE ready but not turned on yet? I and want to get the M8 in silver whenever sprint decides to make that happen.

are there any band 41 sites going up that were not wimax to begin with? i'm in petaluma, ca (nothern ca) and there was never any wimax. Do i have a shot at getting band 41 ever? Also quick question is someone would be so kind. On the sponsors map every tower in my area except one or two are green...3G/4G/800..does the 800 just mean 800 voice or is that 800 LTE ready but not turned on yet? I and want to get the M8 in silver whenever sprint decides to make that happen.

Band 41 deployment outside of WiMax markets will begin this summer. Sprint has committed to the top 100 markets for Band 41. Deployment outside of those markets is likely, but it is uncertain when that will start. 

Green markets signify NV 3G (1x, EVDO), Band 25 LTE, and 1x800. 

Band 26 (800) LTE information is available only in the Premier sponsor section.

• Like 1

Band 41 deployment outside of WiMax markets will begin this summer. Sprint has committed to the top 100 markets for Band 41. Deployment outside of those markets is likely, but it is uncertain when that will start. 

Green markets signify NV 3G (1x, EVDO), Band 25 LTE, and 1x800. 

Band 26 (800) LTE information is available only in the Premier sponsor section.

I guess I'm in a peculiar situation. I live in York, PA which was surprisingly a WiMax market pretty early on during their rollout but we are definitely not a top 100 market. Does that mean that Band 41 LTE deployment could be underway here in York? I know that Shentel kinda has their own thing going on with their NV rollout so it's hard to keep track if band 26 or 41 are being worked on here without a Tri-Band device. 

P.S: To all the people following this thread sorry for all the notifications. For some reason when I post my comment it just shows up as a blank message  :(

I guess I'm in a peculiar situation. I live in York, PA which was surprisingly a WiMax market pretty early on during their rollout but we are definitely not a top 100 market. Does that mean that Band 41 LTE deployment could be underway here in York? I know that Shentel kinda has their own thing going on with their NV rollout so it's hard to keep track if band 26 or 41 are being worked on here without a Tri-Band device. 

P.S: To all the people following this thread sorry for all the notifications. For some reason when I post my comment it just shows up as a blank message  :(

Best place to ask that is in this thread (click).

I just can't get over the dual camera thing. It's quite interesting, but I have read several reviews on it especially against my 5S (who's camera I LOVE LOVE). I love photos, its my thing. The change of focus would be pretty interesting to play with, but I wish they had up'd it to more like 8 mp or more. 

It is a very good looking phone though. The aluminum body is sleek as hell, and would be a seller point for me. I love the "high quality" feel of a metal enclosure. 

A very big THANK YOU to themuffinman :tu:  I downloaded and use the Helium app and was able to transfer all data from our EVO LTE phones to the new HTC ONE M8.  The application worked so well I purchased the pro key to help out the author.  And we all know when the wife is Happy everybody is happy.

• Like 3

I just can't get over the dual camera thing. It's quite interesting, but I have read several reviews on it especially against my 5S (who's camera I LOVE LOVE). I love photos, its my thing. The change of focus would be pretty interesting to play with, but I wish they had up'd it to more like 8 mp or more. 

It is a very good looking phone though. The aluminum body is sleek as hell, and would be a seller point for me. I love the "high quality" feel of a metal enclosure. 

The issues I am seeing in the reviews are software related in my opinion. Personally I am not worried about it.