HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

My brother got an ota notification last week and it was 4.4.4. Weird. He's on a gs5, too.

Sent from my M8

Lucky him. If he were to check for an update now he'd be bumped up again. The changeling for the S5 says WiFi calling enhancements and removal of Lumen Toolbar.

Apparently the WiFi calling enhancements are supposed to be an updated UI for the WiFi calling menu and some additional improvements to the service itself.

• Like 1

According to Reddit, the M8's update is supposed to arrive next Friday. So we only have to wait 8 days.

Yep, saw the leaked shot from Android Central with Lollipop release dates for Sprint phones. In the meantime, I can play with it on the M7 and find the differences.

The HTC Software Update page was updated today and the Sprint M8 has been upgraded to the 3- Certification stage. I don't know how long that usually takes but I don't think it would be that long unless there's an issue.

If we are lucky we'll get it much sooner than next Friday.

• Like 1

I really enjoy the AOSP Lollipop look but there's issues with it being a port to Sprint.  Maybe the Sprint firmware will remedy most of the issues but I'm also interested in Lollipop Sense and see how that runs. (I'll miss Xposed, though.)

• Like 1

Seems like Sprint hasn't notified HTC yet!

Sprint probably updated the site in anticipation for a launch tomorrow. I recall this happening before. Sprint updated their page about a day ahead the actual launch.When you wake up tomorrow and try to update your phone, it'll probably work.

Sprint probably updated the site in anticipation for a launch tomorrow. I recall this happening before. Sprint updated their page about a day ahead the actual launch.When you wake up tomorrow and try to update your phone, it'll probably work.

I'd watch Mo Verci's Twitter feed for an official announcement.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

well it seems sprint jump the gun and the 2/13 day might hold. T Mobile seems to be getting their update Monday!

well it seems sprint jump the gun and the 2/13 day might hold. T Mobile seems to be getting their update Monday!

One of the people in my circles on Google+ said he tweeted at Sprint Care this morning and they told him the update would be pushed out February 7th.