HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

Has anyone else seen a return of the issue where the radios stop working? The status bar indicates it's either connected to LTE or 3G, but nothing updates. Toggling airplane mode on/off or disabling data on/off doesn't work. The only thing that resolves it is to restart the phone.

It happened to my phone numerous times back in November, but for the past 3 or 4 weeks everything was good. Now it seems to be happening every 3 days or so.

• Like 3

Experienced this as well. But usually when I lose signal for long periods of time, and the radio attempts to search for signal. Mostly in underground train subways here in NYC. I switch to airplane mode to prevent a restart.

• Like 1

Has anyone else seen a return of the issue where the radios stop working? The status bar indicates it's either connected to LTE or 3G, but nothing updates. Toggling airplane mode on/off or disabling data on/off doesn't work. The only thing that resolves it is to restart the phone.

It happened to my phone numerous times back in November, but for the past 3 or 4 weeks everything was good. Now it seems to be happening every 3 days or so.

I am unlocked, s-off, and installed a GPE port. So I'm even running a sense rom and I'm experiencing this issue every now and then too. So my guess is that it's firmware/radio related

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

hmmm... This is happening to me also.  I had it occur 2 or 3 times in the past couple of weeks.

I wonder if there is an issue with the latest update that came in December.....

Does this suggest that HTC has done everything they need to do to bring Lollipop to the M8, and that it's up to Sprint to do their tweaks and testing before starting the rollout? 

Good morning!

No. Check here: http://www.htc.com/us/go/htc-software-updates/

Select carrier (Sprint) and device (HTC One M8). The update for our Sprint M8s is currently in the "Integration" phase. Next comes "Certification" and then "Completion".

Have a great day,

John

Good morning!

No. Check here: http://www.htc.com/us/go/htc-software-updates/

Select carrier (Sprint) and device (HTC One M8). The update for our Sprint M8s is currently in the "Integration" phase. Next comes "Certification" and then "Completion".

Have a great day,

John

It still pretty much does. All devices go into Certification around the same time so the software is likely in Sprint's hands right now or got sent back to HTC to go through Integration again because there are a few changes to be made. Nonetheless, the software should be in our hands pretty soon.

It still pretty much does. All devices go into Certification around the same time so the software is likely in Sprint's hands right now or got sent back to HTC to go through Integration again because there are a few changes to be made. Nonetheless, the software should be in our hands pretty soon.

Nope, it's a collaborative effort, just as you said. HTC's commitment to updates is a bit more definitive than throwing it over the fence for Sprint to ignore.

Have a great day,

John

Nope, it's a collaborative effort, just as you said. HTC's commitment to updates is a bit more definitive than throwing it over the fence for Sprint to ignore.

Have a great day,

John

I think you're misunderstanding what i'm saying. HTC has done the Lollipop update to this device and has passed it on to Sprint.  So in that sense, yes, Sprint had to do tweaks and testing. Then HTC does tweaks and testing and then it goes back to Sprint who will likely give it the go ahead to be pushed to every device.

I think you're misunderstanding what i'm saying. HTC has done the Lollipop update to this device and has passed it on to Sprint.  So in that sense, yes, Sprint had to do tweaks and testing. Then HTC does tweaks and testing and then it goes back to Sprint who will likely give it the go ahead to be pushed to every device.

Possible, but it's not worth starting a debate  ;)

The good news is that an official Sense Lollipop will be in our hands soon. And that will make custom Lollipop ROMs all the better!

have a great day,

john

Has anyone have this problem when roaming? it keeps saying that I can't connect to data roaming, just wondering if there's something that I can do to reset the radios.

I can't see the picture because I'm @ work but everytime there's a profile update, Sprint will remove data roaming toggle under settings.  Also Sprint's connection optimizer will try it's best to avoid a Verizon signal.  I'd recommend disabling Sprint's Connection optimizer and make sure data roaming is enabled.

• Like 1

just did the 513 prl and still the same . This is weird , I winder if should I ruu back to stock but I'm afraid of losing s-off

You can try the RRU (it won't remove S-off).  But, I will say that it's possible the issue may be within the baseband (which you absolutely should not touch.)

EDIT:  You can try a Verizon only PRL for testing purposes.  There's a thread over on XDA about it.

• Like 1

My one  m8 h/k edition suddenly stopped allowing me to have voice and data at the same time. It had been doing it for a few weeks earlier then stopped. Looks like it's due to spark coming to my area. Any one else experience this?

My one m8 h/k edition suddenly stopped allowing me to have voice and data at the same time. It had been doing it for a few weeks earlier then stopped. Looks like it's due to spark coming to my area. Any one else experience this?

The M8 HK does not support simultaneous voice and data over mobile. It will only support simultaneous voice and data over wifi.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

The way I understand it is the phone does support both with a regular LTE signal. I was able to talk and text using messenger (google messenger won't send mms over wifi) for the past few weeks. I'm on my phone all day and noticed at some point a few weeks back that I had still had data while I was on the phone. Messenger was able to send out mms. It won't over wifi

The way I understand it is the phone does support both with a regular LTE signal. I was able to talk and text using messenger (google messenger won't send mms over wifi) for the past few weeks. I'm on my phone all day and noticed at some point a few weeks back that I had still had data while I was on the phone. Messenger was able to send out mms. It won't over wifi

It does not support SVLTE.

The M8 does not support LTE & Voice at the same time. Never has, never will. WiFi and Voice yes, LTE and Voice, no.

• Like 2

My m8 h/k edition had the issue with stock texter not working. I switched to Text Secure which seemed to work for abort 2 weeks. Now i can't receive any texts, my texts are received though. Any suggestions? ? Thanks

I'm so jealous of M7 owners. I thought we'd get Lollipop first but oh well. That must mean that Lollit is just around the corner for the M8. Additionally the HTC software updates website is off then because the M7 is still in the first step on their website but according to @moversi the phone got technical acceptance and Lollipop would be rolling out today.

I'm so jealous of M7 owners. I thought we'd get Lollipop first but oh well. That must mean that Lollit is just around the corner for the M8. Additionally the HTC software updates website is off then because the M7 is still in the first step on their website but according to @moversi the phone got technical acceptance and Lollipop would be rolling out today.

Some guy on reddit claims that the m8 and m7 was getting Lollipop this week so maybe tomorrow for us m8 owners?

Sent from my M8