HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

No idea, a couple of days ago I pulled it out of my pocket and felt something tacky in the middle of the phone. Flipped it over, and the T was stuck to my finger. Same thing happened with the H a day later. Now I'm left with a lonely C.

What my phone looks like now:

r2GBh6N.jpg

Mine did that about two months ago so I just pulled the last one off. My phone does go through a lot of torture so I tossed it up to that.

It's there a way to get the phone msl number?

Send from my HTC ONE M8 H/K y que!!!!

By asking Sprint tech support nicely. The only thing you can change on the m8 is the LTE scan timer. Band scan priority can't be changed on this phone.

• Like 1

By asking Sprint tech support nicely. The only thing you can change on the m8 is the LTE scan timer. Band scan priority can't be changed on this phone.

So there's no LTE only option?

It's there a way to get the phone msl number?

If you are rooted download an app called "msl reader".  It may give you an error saying that your device is not recognised as an htc device but if you continue anyway it will give it to you.

• Like 1

if you have an old sprint phone you can simply switch to the old phone then back again, sprint will give you the msl on both the activate phone page and email it to you

I think I got a defective phone , it connects to lte but u get no data at all

Sent from my iCrap using Tapatalk

What all have you done to the device since you got it?

I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with the activation , when I connect to band 25 it's when I get problems on data , I was connected to band 41 and no problems at all

You got a lemon. My first HTC One M8 was exactly like that. My replacement device is perfect though.

I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with the activation , when I connect to band 25 it's when I get problems on data , I was connected to band 41 and no problems at all

Are you having issues every where you go or only in certain locations?

almost everywhere where I did t withy lg g2

Same issues with the g2 or not?

No issues at all with g2

Do a hardreset by doing ##786# on the dialer pad, hit menu in the upper right hand corner then hit reset. It will do a complete wipe and when it resets.  I think it may ask for your msl as well.  Anyway once it comes back up if you are still having issues then maybe you want to consider exchanging it.

Also called sprint and that was the same they told me to do

Have them refresh your profile on their end, even force a re-activation. If that fails, take in and get it checked out. Make sure it's a store with LTE coverage. 

• Like 1

I went to a corporate store and they didn't want a help out because I don't have insurance with them, well unless I pay for them to service the phone... But I was right there standing next to the same phone and they saw that the display phone was connecting fine while mine was doing g nothing. I just finished talking to best buy and they're going to send me another one, it should be here Monday. So for the time being back to my LG g2

So the coverage map was correct... I'm in a non-Sprint area right now and only get voice roaming on Verizon, no data. I was only able to get data (evdo) from Cellcom towers which are pretty limited here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, thanks for the update. I haven't been able to figure out my problem either so maybe it's the network. But... I also cannot transfer data from sprint when I switch to CDMA only, which I wouldn't think would be a problem with sprint but rather the phone. I dunno. Others having issues with sprint 3g only?