HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

Does this phone come with a case? I saw a video unboxing, and it came with like a smoke-colored tpu case in the box. Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

That was an Australian early purchase exclusive I think.

I'm rooted and use Titanium Backup. So i haven't tried to use the Helium app. I read an article that included it. Supposed to work on both rooted and non-rooted devices.

There is a free version. Might want to give it a shot.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can any tell me how the camera compares to the Evo 4G LTE?

It definitely takes more realistic looking photos and you have a lot more software features available.  The only advantage with the evo would be that you can crop a little bit more and retain more of the quality being that it has a higher mp count.

Got my HTC One M8 last night. The LTE rf performance is definitely better than the original One. The original normally couldn't hold an LTE signal downstairs at my place, but the M8 does (although sometimes it did switch back and forth between LTE and 3G). On my drive into work, the M8 held onto the LTE signal longer and switched back to LTE sooner than the original (there's a gap on my commute where there's only 3G). As I'm sitting at my desk at work, it's running around -96 dBm...which is at least a 5 dBm improvement (and it held onto the LTE signal in the elevator).

Is there a way to tell what the LTE band priority is? I know of the ##DEBUG# screen that tells the current band you're connected to, but was wondering how to see what the band priority is between 25, 26 and 41. And do I need to be rooted to change that priority?

Loving the phone so far!

• Like 2

This device is absolutely awesome! It is a million times better than the EVO 4G LTE in every way! Signal reception is better and signal reception atvyhe edge of the site is excellent. In areas where I'd pull 1 Mbps, I'm getting 6Mbps and upwards!

• Like 4

The network decides what lte band you stay on. Sprint is never ever going to let anyone select cap on any band.

Sent from my Nexus 5

But it seems that people with the LG G2 and Nexus 5 can change the band priority and "force" one band over the others.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

But it seems that people with the LG G2 and Nexus 5 can change the band priority and "force" one band over the others.

No these are scan priorities. Network has full command of what band you connect to and which one is best suited for you.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 3

No this are scan priorities. Network has full command of what band you connect to and which one is best suited for you.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Got it, thanks for the clarification! I was actually thinking that this made more sense since the network knows how to shift the load between bands.

My hope was that we could force a switch in case the phone wasn't smart enough to know when to drop to 800MHz if we were deep in a building, for example.

Nope. The dates keep getting moved. As of now it looks like Sprint will not be available in store until 4/10. I would not be surprised if that changed again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The date hasn't moved..... April 10th has been the date since the announcement. Verizon has a 2 week in store exclusive, after that Sprint will have it in stores. Been the same story all week. 

The date hasn't moved..... April 10th has been the date since the announcement. Verizon has a 2 week in store exclusive, after that Sprint will have it in stores. Been the same story all week.

I should have been more clear. Our internal communication keeps getting the date wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Oh, I see. What has that been saying?

As of today

Launch week of 4/6. Att can be sold whenever stock arrives. VZW can't be sold until 4/10. Sprint TBD, but on the same communication it says Sprint can be sold when stock arrives ????

• Like 1

As of today Launch week of 4/6. Att can be sold whenever stock arrives. VZW can't be sold until 4/10. Sprint TBD, but on the same communication it says Sprint can be sold when stock arrives Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ohhh Best Buy internal communication. I misunderstood. Yeah, I do not know anything about Best Buy's schedule, I just know that Sprint will have them in store starting April 10th. 

• Like 1

I walked into a best buy mobile today and they let me play with one. It was a gold version, the thing was a lot thinner/smaller than I expected. It seemed really well built from my 5 minute inspection, the screen as looked phenomenal.

Good job HTC, good job.

• Like 2

Wow. Immediately I'm experiencing issues which I'm guessing are related to CSFB. I had LTE and basically now I don't. I can place outgoing calls but sometimes they drop. Incoming calls go straight to voicemail more often than not. Hopefully this'll be fixed soon. According to SignalCheck my phone keeps dropping to 1x.

Wow. Immediately I'm experiencing issues which I'm guessing are related to CSFB. I had LTE and basically now I don't. I can place outgoing calls but sometimes they drop. Incoming calls go straight to voicemail more often than not. Hopefully this'll be fixed soon. According to SignalCheck my phone keeps dropping to 1x.

What phone did you have and where do you live?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

What phone did you have and where do you live?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I had an EVO 4G LTE previously but now I have the M8. My M8 had LTE for about an hour and now it's nowhere to be found. Good news is, ever since I posted my last comment my phone has stayed on eHRPD.

Edit: I live in NYC where the legacy and NV OEM is the same. However there have been a few sites where eXAGGerated has been a problem in this market.