HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

Just take your phone to the Sprint store for a replacement. Tell them what isn't working, then let the technician handle your phone. If he can't fix it, he'll order you a new device. At least that's what I did when my M8 was messed up.

Did that yesterday and was told I had to pay $80 or add insurance. Re-read my previous post.

Needless to say, I'm at my limit with both Sprint and HTC. This WILL be the last phone and last time I have Sprint service.

Everytime I have to deal with the sprint store I feel the same way. I just want to jump ship. But once I finally get everything straightened out I'm satisfied with sprint again. [emoji52]

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk

I never had many issues with a sprint store. Even when i had my OG evo it wasn't working right and they just swapped it for a new phone. I didnt even have insurance at the time. 

Man, I wish I was that lucky. I've only had that luck one time, and that was with the Palm Pre.I look at it like this; if you buy a car and it needs service, you don't take it back to the plant it was built at, do you?

• Like 1

Man, I wish I was that lucky. I've only had that luck one time, and that was with the Palm Pre.I look at it like this; if you buy a car and it needs service, you don't take it back to the plant it was built at, do you?

Ah, well, I think you have to re-frame it (and I'm not saying I'm on Sprint's side but....) because if you don't have a "Service plan" and take the car to the dealer, they are going to "Service" your car a price, to you because it costs them. They might just do it as a good gesture (lets fix that squeak to keep this customer happy so he buys another car from us) but it's never a sure bet. Same with warranty work, if your car is under warranty the dealer, any dealer, will fix AND get paid from the MFG for fixing it. If it's out of warranty, its all on you.

Since Sprint isn't getting paid by HTC to work on our phones they have to recoop something, somehow.  Sadly enough, their hard line on repairs has come out of people gaming the system and ultimately costing Sprint. Just add insurance, get phone taken care of at Sprint store and remove insurance next month. It'll cost you $11 and some of your time. 

Good luck man

• Like 3

Ah, well, I think you have to re-frame it (and I'm not saying I'm on Sprint's side but....) because if you don't have a "Service plan" and take the car to the dealer, they are going to "Service" your car a price, to you because it costs them. They might just do it as a good gesture (lets fix that squeak to keep this customer happy so he buys another car from us) but it's never a sure bet. Same with warranty work, if your car is under warranty the dealer, any dealer, will fix AND get paid from the MFG for fixing it. If it's out of warranty, its all on you.

Since Sprint isn't getting paid by HTC to work on our phones they have to recoop something, somehow.  Sadly enough, their hard line on repairs has come out of people gaming the system and ultimately costing Sprint. Just add insurance, get phone taken care of at Sprint store and remove insurance next month. It'll cost you $11 and some of your time. 

Good luck man

I should have clarified, my analogy was akin to warranty coverage. If I took my car to the dealer while under warranty, the dealer would repair it and send the OEM the bill. Why can't this be different? I feel like the Sprint store is just trying a money grab for insurance and/or a refurb phone. I realize that Sprint and HTC may not have the same kind of relationships as the dealer and manufacturer, but it was just an example.

I'm still in the process of trying to sort out the MSN debacle from the store last night. I have my phone working, but my wife's is not. Of course, it's not as simple as calling in and trying to have Sprint CS send a re-provisioning signal to her phone.

I should have clarified, my analogy was akin to warranty coverage. If I took my car to the dealer while under warranty, the dealer would repair it and send the OEM the bill. Why can't this be different? I feel like the Sprint store is just trying a money grab for insurance and/or a refurb phone. I realize that Sprint and HTC may not have the same kind of relationships as the dealer and manufacturer, but it was just an example.

Because you are not going to the dealer. In the car dealer analogy, the dealer sells only models made by that company and are trained and updated on specific repair procedures by the car maker. To the best of my knowledge non of those conditions are present with any cell service provider. Having said that think they should swap out the phone and send it back to the manufacturer for repair. Besides, we all know that they maintain a replacement and re-seeler supply chain.

Picked up my M8 yesterday.  According to the Premiere Sponsor maps I'm in an area blanketed with Band 41 coverage (Los Angeles - SFV), but I have yet to connect to anything other than Band 25 LTE.  This is really strange since I'm 3 houses down from a Clearwire (now Sprint) WiMax site that has been upgraded with LTE.

I've driven about 60 miles from Burbank to Woodland Hills to LAX and haven't come across any B41 coverage.

I've done all of the software/PRL/activation/airplane mode/reset suggestions that I could find.  No luck.  This sounds similar to some of the other problems noted in this thread.  An hour on the phone with Sprint this morning hasn't resulted in any progress.  At least I haven't had any of the incoming/outgoing call issues that other people have had.

• Like 1

Picked up my M8 yesterday.  According to the Premiere Sponsor maps I'm in an area blanketed with Band 41 coverage (Los Angeles - SFV), but I have yet to connect to anything other than Band 25 LTE.  This is really strange since I'm 3 houses down from a Clearwire (now Sprint) WiMax site that has been upgraded with LTE.

I've driven about 60 miles from Burbank to Woodland Hills to LAX and haven't come across any B41 coverage.

I've done all of the software/PRL/activation/airplane mode/reset suggestions that I could find.  No luck.  This sounds similar to some of the other problems noted in this thread.  An hour on the phone with Sprint this morning hasn't resulted in any progress.  At least I haven't had any of the incoming/outgoing call issues that other people have had.

Could be eCSFB. That was the case for me and my M8. Then one day, Sprint updated all of the sites in one wave and now I'm on Band 41 80-90% of the time.

Could be eCSFB. That was the case for me and my M8. Then one day, Sprint updated all of the sites in one wave and now I'm on Band 41 80-90% of the time.

Before Sprint did the update were you able to connect to any Band 41 sites?  Was there any distinction between legacy Clear sites and new Sprint sites?  (Not sure I worded that correctly, but I hope the intent makes sense.)

Before Sprint did the update were you able to connect to any Band 41 sites?  Was there any distinction between legacy Clear sites and new Sprint sites?  (Not sure I worded that correctly, but I hope the intent makes sense.)

No Band 41 at all. I thought my device was broken for a while. And then one day I connected to a Band 41 site and then I realized that I was connecting to all Band 41 sites. It's definitely an eCSFB issue. If you are not connecting to Band 25 and you know that the sites also have 3G upgrades, then I'd worry.

No Band 41 at all. I thought my device was broken for a while. And then one day I connected to a Band 41 site and then I realized that I was connecting to all Band 41 sites. It's definitely an eCSFB issue. If you are not connecting to Band 25 and you know that the sites also have 3G upgrades, then I'd worry.

That's good info. Thanks!  Unfortunately Band 25 where I live is like string between two paper cups -- it works, but barely.

I need some big time help.

I have been having a problem with my phone constantly switching from eastern to central time zone, multiple times each day.

I live in south Florida.

I got the phone replaced today for the third time over the last 2 months and the issue continues even with the new phone.

I got all phones from Bestbuy,who also activated the phones.

I was wondering if there was some kind of activation or provisioning issues.

At this point it does not seem to be a hardware/phone problem but more likely an issue with Sprint.

Any input or suggestions from the good folks here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

its a tower issue, not phone.

you can disable automatically adjust time in the settings/options

Edited by dedub
  • Like 3

I need some big time help.

I have been having a problem with my phone constantly switching from eastern to central time zone, multiple times each day.

I live in south Florida.

I got the phone replaced today for the third time over the last 2 months and the issue continues even with the new phone.

I got all phones from Bestbuy,who also activated the phones.

I was wondering if there was some kind of activation or provisioning issues.

At this point it does not seem to be a hardware/phone problem but more likely an issue with Sprint.

Any input or suggestions from the good folks here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I had time zone issues when I was flying through Miami too. Seems to be a Florida thing.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.

• Like 2

its a tower issue, not phone.

you can disable automatically adjust time in the settings/options

I know I can disable the auto time zone but it bugs the hell out me to do it that way.

It's kind of like buying a car with an automatic tranny but can't just put in drive and go.

I have a friend who lives not far from me with an M8 and he has no problems, so I am not sure it's just a tower issue.

I know I can disable the auto time zone but it bugs the hell out me to do it that way.

It's kind of like buying a car with an automatic tranny but can't just put in drive and go.

I have a friend who lives not far from me with an M8 and he has no problems, so I am not sure it's just a tower issue.

Any issues with automatic time, I can almost guarantee are tower issues. In order to set the time, the phone relies on the network.

• Like 2

Any issues with automatic time, I can almost guarantee are tower issues. In order to set the time, the phone relies on the network.

I agree...a few years ago, I had the same problem with my HTC EVO. I thought that there was something wrong with it too, but the guy at the Sprint store looked up my address and told me that the problem was caused by the tower near my home being upgraded.

My suggestion is to call one of the Sprint Executive Service number, and politely let them know that there is a problem with the tower near you. I am sure that you are not the only one who is frustrated, and I am sure that it is something that can be fixed.

• Like 2

Finally got some Band 41 on the M8.  Downtown L.A. at the Music Center.  Strangely enough it showed up on the inside of The Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, which is a marble and stone structure.  I was able to get about 7.95 down (inside the theater) and 20.31 down on the outside.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if it was this update, or the PRL update, but I connected LTE for my entire drive to work.  Previously I would consistently fall back to 3G at 2 spots on my trip to work.

I'm not sure if it was this update, or the PRL update, but I connected LTE for my entire drive to work.  Previously I would consistently fall back to 3G at 2 spots on my trip to work.

I'm finding the opposite with mine; the phone seems to stick to 3G until I airplane mode cycle or wait an awful long time til it figures out there's LTE in the area.  Prior to the update it would grab LTE more often.  Maybe it's an area thing... eCSFB seems to be fine here, but still waiting on B26 on some towers and they've started installing B41 equipment recently.  Not sure if that would have anything to do with my issue.

I recently went on a trip and did some walking and hiking. Afterward I tried to take some pictures of some sculptures and my camera was extremely blurry. I looked at the lense and it looks like some moisture might have gotten in there. Anyways 3 days later and it's still blurry and foggy. Any suggestions to fix this? It's not obvious moisture but if I tilt it just right, I can tell something is on or under my lense causing this.

Sent from my HTC M8

I recently went on a trip and did some walking and hiking. Afterward I tried to take some pictures of some sculptures and my camera was extremely blurry. I looked at the lense and it looks like some moisture might have gotten in there. Anyways 3 days later and it's still blurry and foggy. Any suggestions to fix this? It's not obvious moisture but if I tilt it just right, I can tell something is on or under my lense causing this.

Sent from my HTC M8

Well in some cases there has been an issue where there is some sort of film on the camera lens, I don't know if this is your case but this has happened to me as well.  What I did was keep the lens wet with alcohol and basically scraped the lens with my fingernail until it came off.  You can also use a cloth with a mild abrasive like toothpaste for example and it should get it off as well.  Try that and see how it goes.  Anyway after doing this, my camera lens was as good as new.

Well in some cases there has been an issue where there is some sort of film on the camera lens, I don't know if this is your case but this has happened to me as well. What I did was keep the lens wet with alcohol and basically scraped the lens with my fingernail until it came off. You can also use a cloth with a mild abrasive like toothpaste for example and it should get it off as well. Try that and see how it goes. Anyway after doing this, my camera lens was as good as new.

I just called HTC and they said they would ship me one out. I also asked for the Harmon Kardon if they could. They said they will email me in 4 to 8 days

Sent from my HTC M8