HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

Just got my m8, and I can't seem to find the band 26/41 enable/disable. I looked in ##data# where I usually find it and it's not there. Does anyone know?

Edit: also, does anyone know if you can hide the location services "cross?" It's a little cramped up top, and I'd like to clean some things up.

Sent from my HTC One M8

To be able to hide or adjust anything up top you will need to root.

Just got my m8, and I can't seem to find the band 26/41 enable/disable. I looked in ##data# where I usually find it and it's not there. Does anyone know?

Sent from my HTC One M8

Anyone?

Also, anyone having trouble connecting to band 41? There definitely isn't a csfb issue here in Chicago. I've been connecting to these sites with my g2 and even occasionally my n5 for many months. This phone just won't grab the signal. It does connect occasionally, so I know the radio is probably ok.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Anyone?

Also, anyone having trouble connecting to band 41? There definitely isn't a csfb issue here in Chicago. I've been connecting to these sites with my g2 and even occasionally my n5 for many months. This phone just won't grab the signal. It does connect occasionally, so I know the radio is probably ok.

Sent from my HTC One M8

As far as I know you can't enable or disable certain bands on this phone. I could be wrong, but I don't think you can.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

As far as I know you can't enable or disable certain bands on this phone. I could be wrong, but I don't think you can.

That's pretty terrible if true. I haven't obtained my msl yet, and I'm wondering if it's in the "edit" section of the LTE submenu. I'm also hoping it's just maybe bad timing with the network. The network in and around Chicago has been goofy this week. Dead towers, and LTE dropping to 3g where it never has before. We're in the midst of band 26 coming online here, and I wonder if the network management is screwy, and not properly shifting me to band 41. I've verified the aforementioned problems, minus band 41 with my fiance's iPhone 5s, so I know it's network, and not handset related.

Sent from my HTC One M8

That's pretty terrible if true. I haven't obtained my msl yet, and I'm wondering if it's in the "edit" section of the LTE submenu. I'm also hoping it's just maybe bad timing with the network. The network in and around Chicago has been goofy this week. Dead towers, and LTE dropping to 3g where it never has before. We're in the midst of band 26 coming online here, and I wonder if the network management is screwy, and not properly shifting me to band 41. I've verified the aforementioned problems, minus band 41 with my fiance's iPhone 5s, so I know it's network, and not handset related.

Sent from my HTC One M8

When you activated your m8 the msl was provided, check the confirmation email they sent you after the activation.  They call it the "activation code".

• Like 1

All my confirmation email said was Device Switch Completed for account ###9506 ##Null

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

I called and got mine from tech support this morning. No band priorities or enabling/disabling in the edit menu either. This is disappointing because it's hard to find new band 26 sites when you keep connecting to band 41. #firstworldproblems

Sent from my HTC One M8

I called and got mine from tech support this morning. No band priorities or enabling/disabling in the edit menu either. This is disappointing because it's hard to find new band 26 sites when you keep connecting to band 41. #firstworldproblems

Sent from my HTC One M8

Here in Shentel land it seems B26 is priority. I'll be on 26 with - 120 in a place where I would have - 70 on B25. Doesn't matter if I'm doing something data intensive or not it will stay on B26. Best part is very few have tri-band phones here so it doesn't slow down.

Sent from my HTC ONE M8

• Like 1

In my market my M8 will switch between B25 and B26 constantly and luckily seamlessly. Is it different in other markets?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Does anyone have an problems connecting to Band 41 with their device?

My area doesn't have much b41, but when traveling, I've noticed it on a few occasions. It's amazing how fast it is despite phone showing only one or two bars.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.

Does anyone have an problems connecting to Band 41 with their device?

Check out my post (a few back). This m8 almost prefers slow band 25 even when I'm a block from a band 41 site that my g2 would instantly latch onto. I don't know if it's the phone, or the network. What are you experiencing.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Check out my post (a few back). This m8 almost prefers slow band 25 even when I'm a block from a band 41 site that my g2 would instantly latch onto. I don't know if it's the phone, or the network. What are you experiencing.

Sent from my HTC One M8

I was sitting right under a Band 41 site and I was still on Band 25. This phone has no problem with Band 26, but it seems that when it comes to Band 41, it only likes to connect if no other bands are available. Perhaps the phone a has priorities screwed up and it can be fixed in a later update.

• Like 1

I was sitting right under a Band 41 site and I was still on Band 25. This phone has no problem with Band 26, but it seems that when it comes to Band 41, it only likes to connect if no other bands are available. Perhaps the phone a has priorities screwed up and it can be fixed in a later update.

Same exact problem. I wonder if it's the radio. Usually after an airplane toggle or two, it will latch on and travel with me on 41 while I'm driving. I noticed it right away on the first day when I wasn't connecting in known areas. I still have 10 days left on this phone, and really don't want to return it because it's so nice of a phone.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Last night I was in a heavily covered B41 area in the Bay Area and my S5 would pick up B41 right away no problem.

My friend's M8 would still be on B25 until she toggled airplane mode like two times to stay on B41. Once on B41 her phone stuck with B41 for hours. Maybe an update can fix that in the very near future.

• Like 2

Cool, so we've identified a problem. By the time us three people complain, and after countless profile/prl updates by tech support, an update should be released in 6 months. :) guess I might have to just return in. What's with sprint releasing all these flagship devices with connectivity problems?

Cool, so we've identified a problem. By the time us three people complain, and after countless profile/prl updates by tech support, an update should be released in 6 months. :) guess I might have to just return in. What's with sprint releasing all these flagship devices with connectivity problems?

Sprint does not release these devices -- the OEMs do.  Sprint just agrees to "white list" them and carry them in store.  Would you rather that Sprint not do that if the device encountered any hiccups in testing?  Maybe the latest device offered by Sprint should be the Samsung Galaxy S4 from last summer.  How well would that fly with the buying public?

AJ

So how exactly do you all know what band your device is using? It's there an app for this? I'm in Green Bay so I'm guessing it's just 25 but supposedly we're going to get Spark this year too.

So how exactly do you all know what band your device is using? It's there an app for this? I'm in Green Bay so I'm guessing it's just 25 but supposedly we're going to get Spark this year too.

Dial ##debug# or just use signal check. If using the latter, the last two of your gci will be the indicator for bands 25/26, 41 is a whole different situation.

• Like 1

It is easier than that on the M8 with Signal Check Pro:

All you need to do is look at the Provider:

Sprint (xxxxxxx) is band 25

Sprint B26 (xxxxxxx) is band 26

Sprint B41 (xxxxxxx) is band 41

• Like 2

Im not sure if this has been covered before, but im going to post it here just in case.

I had an interesting talk with network support this afternoon.I have been having issues with receiving calls in certain areas of my drive, and ended up getting a network ticket opened. During my call he asked me to verify that my phone was on CDMA only. When i told him it wasnt, He immediately said "well thats your problem". 

He told me that it was a known issue with tri-band devices in tri-band areas. He told me to leave my phone on CDMA only unless i needed the higher data speeds. as long as it stayed on CDMA it wouldnt have a problem receiving calls. it goes back to the single antenna path and handoffs in the network. He said that they have had a bulletin on it since January.

It upsets me that i cant use my new phone to its full potential, but i would rather have lower data speeds than not get calls.

Im not sure if this has been covered before, but im going to post it here just in case.

I had an interesting talk with network support this afternoon.I have been having issues with receiving calls in certain areas of my drive, and ended up getting a network ticket opened. During my call he asked me to verify that my phone was on CDMA only. When i told him it wasnt, He immediately said "well thats your problem". 

He told me that it was a known issue with tri-band devices in tri-band areas. He told me to leave my phone on CDMA only unless i needed the higher data speeds. as long as it stayed on CDMA it wouldnt have a problem receiving calls. it goes back to the single antenna path and handoffs in the network. He said that they have had a bulletin on it since January.

It upsets me that i cant use my new phone to its full potential, but i would rather have lower data speeds than not get calls.

That is bad advice, and not the root cause of your issue. "Tri-band areas" is the basically the whole country now. 

While it is true that if you leave your phone in CDMA Only, your chances of missing a call are lower, that is not the solution. They need to fix the CSFB issues affecting Band 26 and Band 41, that is the solution. 

• Like 3

That is bad advice, and not the root cause of your issue. "Tri-band areas" is the basically the whole country now. 

While it is true that if you leave your phone in CDMA Only, your chances of missing a call are lower, that is not the solution. They need to fix the CSFB issues affecting Band 26 and Band 41, that is the solution. 

I thought as much, and told him that this could not be a phone issue but a network issue. He never agreed, but he never disagreed either.I thought that CSFB issues were related to data only?