HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

Found out that only 24 cities have the full Spark network in place.  The tri band operation of the M8 is not fully functional everywhere.  If you have it turned on (default setting) your calls and texts get blocked every night, so if you get it to refresh with the tower the next day, it will crap out overnight, every night.

So far the temp fix is to set the phone to CDMA until your towers are 100% upgraded, ETA "end of the year" per Sprint's press release.  Limits you to 3G...  STUPID BLEEDING EDGE!

I've replaced my phone 3 times troubleshooting this, Samsung Galaxy S5 (twice) now an HTC One M8, same results, fought with support for nearly 2 weeks, started browsing internet on my own.  HMPH....

Waiting on a call from the network guy from Sprint CS and will ask about the sim card activation.  But until I make an outbound call on Automatic or CDMA/LTE setting, first thing the next morning, callers go straight to voice mail, texts get dropped or pend till manual refresh with the tower.

Found out that only 24 cities have the full Spark network in place. The tri band operation of the M8 is not fully functional everywhere. If you have it turned on (default setting) your calls and texts get blocked every night, so if you get it to refresh with the tower the next day, it will crap out overnight, every night.

So far the temp fix is to set the phone to CDMA until your towers are 100% upgraded, ETA "end of the year" per Sprint's press release. Limits you to 3G... STUPID BLEEDING EDGE!

I've replaced my phone 3 times troubleshooting this, Samsung Galaxy S5 (twice) now an HTC One M8, same results, fought with support for nearly 2 weeks, started browsing internet on my own. HMPH....

Waiting on a call from the network guy from Sprint CS and will ask about the sim card activation. But until I make an outbound call on Automatic or CDMA/LTE setting, first thing the next morning, callers go straight to voice mail, texts get dropped or pend till manual refresh with the tower.

Well, that's odd that it's rendering the phone useless, actually, sounds wrong, real wrong. While there are only 24 Spark launched markets, plenty have been launched LTE markets which means NV1 equipment is up and at least 40% if the market had LTE on band 25. These same cities should have b26 deployed and if they are in the top 100, they'll see band 41.

A LTE launched market may be having band 26 deployed and the network does indeed act a bit strange BUT to my knowledge, no other tri-band device simply does not work on LTE at all, like it sounds like you are saying.

Something is going on but making your M8 CDMA only for the rest of the year is madness. Have you tried limiting your active bands to just b25?? That's regular LTE, is your market an official NV1 LTE launched market?

You should upgrade your account to sponsor and see if you can get at some more advanced data about your market in here. 1) You'll learn more and 2) Helping to keep the server hamster feed and running will give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside. [emoji2]

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is there a way to force Google to sync contacts? I switched into my One Max and it only synced a few compared to the ones on my M8.

Sent from my HTC One M8

do you have more than one google account on your HTC One m8 is so and I might have been saved under the other account if you didn't activate the others as well.

Is there a way to force Google to sync contacts? I switched into my One Max and it only synced a few compared to the ones on my M8.

Sent from my HTC One M8

It could also be a case where only contacts under "My Contacts" are synced. Compare the ones that were synced with ones that weren't to confirm they are labeled the same way.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.

Only one Google account and all on the M8 say Google under the contacts. I had the same problem when I went from my G2 to the M8 but only lost 3, this time it's a little under half but I can just enter them in myself.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Only one Google account and all on the M8 say Google under the contacts. I had the same problem when I went from my G2 to the M8 but only lost 3, this time it's a little under half but I can just enter them in myself.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Do the missing contacts show up in Gmail in email address auto complete?

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.

All is fixed now thanks. Some were not on my Gmail haha. But I did notice something neat on my One Max, previous owner put it back to stock out of the box (no spark enabled) and the lte icon was the Wal-Mart start but the word lte is small and under the left part, wish I got a screenshot but it's updating now.

Edit: if you watch Android Centrals first video on the Sprint one max before he updates it it shows the icon, and I kinda like it.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Edited by ghostkilla1388

All is fixed now thanks. Some were not on my Gmail haha. But I did notice something neat on my One Max, previous owner put it back to stock out of the box (no spark enabled) and the lte icon was the Wal-Mart start but the word lte is small and under the left part, wish I got a screenshot but it's updating now.

Edit: if you watch Android Centrals first video on the Sprint one max before he updates it it shows the icon, and I kinda like it.

Sent from my HTC One M8

So it shows like this?

Screenshot_2014-05-23-11-06-38_1.jpg

Yep I like that one better than the "take up half your notification bar lte Wal-Mart emblem"

Haha

Sent from my HTC One M8

Oh ok, whoever sold you your max had it modded.   This is mines on my m8, I flashed this mod so it could take up less space and it hides when connected to wifi.

Yep I like that one better than the "take up half your notification bar lte Wal-Mart emblem"

Haha

Sent from my HTC One M8

Yeah, the "LTE" icon is pretty silly.  We've removed it from both our M8 and LG G2 roms... star is fine, it's useful and only takes one slot. :)

Yeah the Max was not rooted just returned to pre spark update when he clearc his info for some reason but now it's back to normal spark enabled 4.4.2 and running smoothly.

Sent from my HTC One M8

You can only get that icon if the device was rooted, so he could have just unrooted the device and add back the stock recovery so you can update regular OTA's

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 15 January 2011

I figured I would see LTE before WiMax too. She may have just seen the 4G icon as it was trying to connect and thought it was connected...

Yeah all he said was he clean all his stuff off and reset it to factory. So far the Max is nice extra battery is awesome, one problem is my company wants to get me a Galaxy S5 :/

Sent from my HTC One M8

Haha

Shh!  The Walmart can hear you.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/154591/it-can-hear-you

AJ

• Like 1

For those of you that have used both an Evo 4G LTE and the new M8, how you you compare their reception, both for band 25 LTE signal and 1x over PCS and 800? Everyone says that the reception on band 25 is better, I'm curious how large the difference is on both for band 25 LTE and 1x800.

For those of you that have used both an Evo 4G LTE and the new M8, how you you compare their reception, both for band 25 LTE signal and 1x over PCS and 800? Everyone says that the reception on band 25 is better, I'm curious how large the difference is on both for band 25 LTE and 1x800.

Coming from an EVO LTE I can honestly say any current phone you buy is going to be better than the EVO as far as reception goes.

• Like 2

Not much to really compare so if you are on the fence then get the m8, you will be very happy. The evo lte was a great device but had some issues with connectivity.
  • Like 2

Anyone figured out how to put 'owner info' on the lock screen?

I can't find anything in the options, and the the lock screen 'widgets' does not include owners info.

On the n5 it was a simple matter of settings > security > owners info.

Anyone figured out how to put 'owner info' on the lock screen?

I can't find anything in the options, and the the lock screen 'widgets' does not include owners info.

On the n5 it was a simple matter of settings > security > owners info.

Its not possible with stock rom, there are custom roms out there that will allow you to do it though.

Just got my m8, and I can't seem to find the band 26/41 enable/disable. I looked in ##data# where I usually find it and it's not there. Does anyone know?

Edit: also, does anyone know if you can hide the location services "cross?" It's a little cramped up top, and I'd like to clean some things up.

Sent from my HTC One M8