HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

One more small thing I have come across.  Hopefully someone else has seen this.  Every time I start a call on Bluetooth, I get a popup screen asking me to select the Bluetooth, Speaker or phone.  Is there a way to turn this off?  This is a small issue, but I would prefer to have the ability to turn it off.

Do you have signalcheck installed? I know there's a setting in that app that beeps when it switches to and from lte. Took me a week go figure it out.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Well uninstalled Signal check and I still get the low beep.  I guess I will live with it for now.  Thanks for the help!!!

Well uninstalled Signal check and I still get the low beep. I guess I will live with it for now. Thanks for the help!!!

Dang, I knew mine would do that and it was signal check. I honestly can't think of what it might be, only thing I can say is double check the mobile data connections. I remember a older flip phone I had would beep when it got signal and bleeped when it lost signal. It may be buried in the settings somewhere. Other than that worse case is back everything up and factory reset.

Sent from my HTC One M8

I remember a older flip phone I had would beep when it got signal and bleeped when it lost signal.

Many an S4GRU member has had to be bleeped when he lost the ****ing signal.

AJ

• Like 2

i have just noticed that my phone seems to be completely dropping voice and data connectivity. it started with my wife complaining that her calls werent getting through to me on my drive home. i noticed yesterday with signal check, that my connectivity was completely dropping. the sprint portion of the phone was still saying i was connected to lte on the status bar, but signal check showed no connection. during this time, i couldnt call the phone, but it didnt go straight to voicemail. it still rang 5 times. when it did re-connect to the network, it was lte. i didnt notice the band though.

is this a phone problem or a network problem? all opinions welcome... ;)

anyone?

anyone getting a random static noise? i'm using my big over the ear headphones and get this wierd short static/distortion burst? its very short and about the same volume or lower than whatever should be playing at that particular instant.

its like the static on an FM tuner when you aren't quite tuned into the right frequency.

happens with music, netflix, youtube, so I don't think its an application issue, more like a system issue.

on the harmon kardon m8, only clarifi enabled, live stage disabled.

stock not rooted

Hoping someone can help. I've had this phone for 5 days and no LTE connection problems whatsoever, but last night I went into a low connection area and lost LTE which seemed normal. The problem is, now I can't seem to get it back no matter what I try. I've tried toggling airplane mode, updating prl/profile, toggling mobile data....

Any suggestions? My wife has the same exact phone and has LTE right now and we're in the same room. It would just seem odd that I would have a defective device considering it worked perfectly until last night.

Thanks for any help

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

So a quick update. After 30 minutes of being on the phone with Sprint, they referred me to the store. so as I'm driving into the store parking lot it starts working again. I'm so confused.

Hoping someone can help. I've had this phone for 5 days and no LTE connection problems whatsoever, but last night I went into a low connection area and lost LTE which seemed normal. The problem is, now I can't seem to get it back no matter what I try. I've tried toggling airplane mode, updating prl/profile, toggling mobile data....

Any suggestions? My wife has the same exact phone and has LTE right now and we're in the same room. It would just seem odd that I would have a defective device considering it worked perfectly until last night.

Thanks for any help

Try to rerun self activation. See earlier in this thread for the steps. Phone sometimes gets into a bad state, but that clears things up.

Martin

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.

• Like 1

Try to rerun self activation. See earlier in this thread for the steps. Phone sometimes gets into a bad state, but that clears things up.

Martin

Thanks. Good to see that some of you went through something similar and that it's called down. I was fearing that I had a defective device.

Martin

Also, how long did it normally take for you to S4 the change after the self activation? I completed this step and my wife's phone still has LTE where mine says 3g.

Also, how long did it normally take for you to S4 the change after the self activation? I completed this step and my wife's phone still has LTE where mine says 3g.

My phone was beck to normal right after completing this step.

What's weird is that right after it boots up after the self reset it does LTE and the Spark symbol but then after the phone reactivated abd updated prl it goes right back to 3g.

My phone was beck to normal right after completing this step.

So it's gotten a little better. Now I just have LTE cutting in and out in an area where I normally get very fast speeds. I hate to go this route but do you think I should factory reset at this point? Not sure if there's a conflict with the software. Or should I really consider bringing the device back?

So it's gotten a little better. Now I just have LTE cutting in and out in an area where I normally get very fast speeds. I hate to go this route but do you think I should factory reset at this point? Not sure if there's a conflict with the software. Or should I really consider bringing the device back?

Others that had this problem exchanged their phone, so you might as well do a factory reset. Sorry that reactivation isn't helping you. My phone got into that state on three or four occasions that were all fixed with reactivation when I first got it, but I haven't had to do that for a while.

Thanks guys. I ended up getting a replacement. Take it for what it's worth, but the guy at Sprint said it was due to a busted SIM card reader.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I ended up getting a replacement. Take it for what it's worth, but the guy at Sprint said it was due to a busted SIM card reader.

When you get your replacement and, if they give you a new SIM card, make sure it's the same on in the phone that matches the one you have activated. Got my replacement and got perfect data in a 3g only area but when I went to a lte area that's decently strong it wouldn't switch over, turned out they never switched the SIM numbers to activate it. After that it's been smooth sailing so far. Hope your replacement works well.

Sent from my HTC One M8

• Like 1

My M8 has shown a few times on SC Pro (Verizon) and (uscelluar) while connected to Sprint. This has happened even when roaming is turned off. I wasn't roaming when this happened and has happened on EHRPD only and it's happened on more than one tower. Anyone else experience this?

I got my M8 unlocked and put in a SIM while in Austria. After a few reboots, I got it working in 3G where it means I get about 4mbit downloads. Anyway, periodically my data connection drops, so I toggle airplane mode. Here's question number one:

I need to enter a PIN for the SIM each time I do that. This PIN is needed to enable the SIM and is not something I set in settings. Is there an option of removing that prompt?

Martin

I got my M8 unlocked and put in a SIM while in Austria. After a few reboots, I got it working in 3G where it means I get about 4mbit downloads. Anyway, periodically my data connection drops, so I toggle airplane mode. Here's question number one:

I need to enter a PIN for the SIM each time I do that. This PIN is needed to enable the SIM and is not something I set in settings. Is there an option of removing that prompt?

Martin

Did you have Sprint unlock it or did you SuperCID your phone?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Did you have Sprint unlock it or did you SuperCID your phone?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I called Sprints international department and the guy there unlocked it from their side in a minute. Super easy.