HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

One annoying thing with the M8 is if your doing something and screen lock it for a few min and come back and what you had open on the screen is gone and you have to go back to it. Also when going between tabs or just going to internet it reloads the page automatically which is a problem when I have bad or no service and I want to read something I have open. Any solutions to either of these?

As far as this issue, I am not sure but I think it may have to do with how much time has passed since viewing those pages.  You have to remember that with android, it kills certain tasks automatically if in need the extra ram to do something else a little bit more intensive so that might be why it reloads the pages after a while.  This is also not an htc issue because my n5 does the same thing.  

That was the first thing I tried. CDMA only isn't selectable, immediately changes back to CDMA / LTE. I can select it when in plane mode, but when I switch plane mode off, CDMA only has no effect, the phone is still connects to LTE. 

Just back everything up using htcbackup, perform a hardreset then try again.  When the phone comes back up don't access the test screen just select cdma only under network settings.

• Like 1

Just back everything up using htcbackup, perform a hardreset then try again.  When the phone comes back up don't access the test screen just select cdma only under network settings.

CDMA only isn't selectable after a hard reset either.

CDMA only isn't selectable after a hard reset either.

So mobile settings under network mode you can't select just cdma? That's kinda weird. Try hard resetting using ##786# you will need your msl number.

• Like 1

So mobile settings under network mode you can't select just cdma? That's kinda weird. Try hard resetting using ##786# you will need your msl number.

Heh, ##RTN# is exactly what I tried next and it worked, back to no LTE. Thanks for the suggestions. 

• Like 2

Does the M8 support screen mirroring?  I want to demo some of the mobile apps my group has been working on to upper management.  We have a conference room that has a big-screen TV with an HDMI input that we can use.

Can anybody recommend the correct dongle I should use to connect my M8 to the HDMI input on the TV so I can do screen mirroring?  Note that I want to mirror whatever is on the M8's screen so we can demonstrate the custom apps we are building, if that makes any difference.

Thank you!! 

Does the M8 support screen mirroring?  I want to demo some of the mobile apps my group has been working on to upper management.  We have a conference room that has a big-screen TV with an HDMI input that we can use.

Can anybody recommend the correct dongle I should use to connect my M8 to the HDMI input on the TV so I can do screen mirroring?  Note that I want to mirror whatever is on the M8's screen so we can demonstrate the custom apps we are building, if that makes any difference.

Thank you!!

You can use an mhl cord and connect it directly to the tv.  You could also use the htc media link for wireless mirroring and I am sure you can do the same with a chromecast.

Has anybody had an issue with the screen being too sensitive? Sometimes the screen will respond to a touch that I did not feel. Kinda weird.

Yeah, I turned off motion gestures and it seems to make a difference for me.

Has anybody had an issue with the screen being too sensitive? Sometimes the screen will respond to a touch that I did not feel. Kinda weird.

Yeah, I turned off motion gestures and it seems to make a difference for me.

Maybe you should show the screen a certain "gesture" with your finger.

AJ

• Like 3

Thanks. I will try this.

Well let me say that my issue was inadvertently turning the screen on when I didn't mean to so turning off motions gestures eliminated that problem.  If you are talking about screen sensitivity while actually using the device then thats something a little different.

You can use an mhl cord and connect it directly to the tv. You could also use the htc media link for wireless mirroring and I am sure you can do the same with a chromecast.

I got one of these from Amazon. Works great once you update the firmware and pair it. It behaves like wireless hdmi.

NETGEAR Push2TV Wireless Display HDMI Adapter with Miracast

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00904JILO/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=pe_385040_30332190_TE_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

Martin

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.

I would but its not an iPhone with beats  :lol:

Uh, that is not your finger.

AJ

• Like 1

I would like to know if anyone else gets the low beep in the Bluetooth every time the phone changes networks (4g to 3g)?  It's low, but after a while it can get on my nerves.

i have just noticed that my phone seems to be completely dropping voice and data connectivity. it started with my wife complaining that her calls werent getting through to me on my drive home. i noticed yesterday with signal check, that my connectivity was completely dropping. the sprint portion of the phone was still saying i was connected to lte on the status bar, but signal check showed no connection. during this time, i couldnt call the phone, but it didnt go straight to voicemail. it still rang 5 times. when it did re-connect to the network, it was lte. i didnt notice the band though.

is this a phone problem or a network problem? all opinions welcome... ;) 

Has anyone noticed a with a case, defender aegis or dualpro, have a slight signal drop not much just a tad. I just got a Verizon shell case/holster and seem to be getting more lte st mg house now.

Sent from my HTC One M8

I have noticed that when I hold my M8 on my right hand the LTE is a lot stronger than when I hold it with my left. Haven't really noticed signal attenuation with a Defender as I had only used one briefly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have actually looked at the phone and monitored the switch and the low beep it makes when switching.  Maybe it's my bluetooth (motorola H730), but it is definitely happening when the network is switching.

I have actually looked at the phone and monitored the switch and the low beep it makes when switching. Maybe it's my bluetooth (motorola H730), but it is definitely happening when the network is switching.

Do you have signalcheck installed? I know there's a setting in that app that beeps when it switches to and from lte. Took me a week go figure it out.

Sent from my HTC One M8

• Like 1