HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

Anyone have the Trident Aegis case? Pretty nice but the flap that covers the usb and headphone jack fits nice but it's "loose" per say. I can barely touch it with very light force and it comes open, anyone else's Aegis loose or tight? Other than that I love the phone, also got the Incipo Dual Pro in the "verizon" exclusive red whitch looks great to me but like the trident case better for protection.

Sent from my HTC One M8

I can confirm that it is the update to the Sprint Connection Optimizer that is killing the battery.

Tjmm1Wgl.png

This was when my battery was at 21% after 10 hours of sitting on my desk at work doing nothing.

The connections optimizer is also becoming intrusive. About to see if I can uninstall it.

My M8 is connecting fine to Band 25, but when it connects to Band 26 it hangs for about 15 seconds, then reverts to 3G. Anyone else seeing this behavior on theirs? This is a new behavior for mine, just started over the weekend.

No issues with my m8 switching between 25, 26 and 41.  It switches instantaneously so it could possibly be a network issue or maybe the device but if your area isn't fully built out then it might be hard to tell.

Hey everyone.  First time poster, but i have been reading the forums for awhile.  I have been able to get answers to most of my questions just by lurking around, but I haven't seen anything on the problem I'm having with the extreme power saving mode.  It just doesn't seem to make any difference for me.  It turns on automatically at 10%, but my battery still dies within an hour.  It seems that it might actually be draining faster in the power saving mode.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I have tasker running on my phone, but I assume it's killed when it enters the mode.  That's the only possible explanation I can come up with.  I also have trouble receiving calls, but from what I have read, this could just be an issue while the tower is being upgraded.  Not sure if they are related.  Any help would be appreciated.

When in doubt start from scratch, so back everything up using htc backup and do a hard reset then see how it goes.

The connections optimizer is also becoming intrusive. About to see if I can uninstall it.

Please let us know if you can uninstall it, and if uninstalling it helps the battery.

Please let us know if you can uninstall it, and if uninstalling it helps the battery.

You don't have to uninstall it to improve the battery. Go to Settings > Mobile Data > Automatic Connections then uncheck the box next to Sprint Connections Optimizer. Night and day difference.

You don't have to uninstall it to improve the battery. Go to Settings > Mobile Data > Automatic Connections then uncheck the box next to Sprint Connections Optimizer. Night and day difference.

Yeah, I never ever ever use the connection optimizer, its more of a headache than anything else.

For those experiencing low ear piece volume while on a call, just change the angle that you hold the device. It sounds silly, but it makes a big difference. The earpiece speaker just isn't located where the speaker grill makes you think it is. It's weird.

Anyway, I'm also having problems with my M8. My first device worked well for about 12 days. Good LTE speeds, good call quality, it was a good device. Then it stopped doing data so I called Sprint tech support and told me towers were being optimized but it should work out fine in a couple of days. They suggested switching to CMDA only. CDMA data also started being affected, and then voice capability just died. It was a shiny pretty brick.

I took the M8 to a store where they refused to help me because it was past the 14-day return window and I didn't have insurance. Well, I returned home, added insurance and returned to the store 2 days later. They determined it was defective and gave me a new one (after giving me a speech how they shouldn't do that but I lucked out they didn't have refurbished M8 - seriously Sprint? I just bought a phone, it doesn't work, and you feel the need to hand out a speech when giving me a replacement?). Well, this new M8 can do voice great, but it can't do data. Whether in LTE/CDMA or CDMA only mode, it just won't stay hooked up to data. In fact, I sought out help from Sprint.com chat for that (as I lacked another phone to use to call them) and they told me to do ##SCRTN# to reset it and after that it became a full brick since the device would not connect to data to reactivate. I had to borrow a phone to call them, explained to service what happened and they made me input ##311114#. That's kind of like a manual, data-less activation. Then it worked... for voice. It's still not doing data. And because the device worked at first, I didn't return it during the 14-day window. I feel like they pulled a bait and switch on me...

I had this EXACT same thing happen to me twice now. First time I was within the 14 day window so I got it swapped at the store. Now it just happened again to me yesterday so they're shipping a new phone to the store that I can pick up on Monday. I do have the equipment protection though. I was considering getting rid of it, but with the bad luck I've had with this model phone so far, I think I'm gonna keep it. 

Hey guys I found this topic while I was searching for M8's vibration strength as it's a big factor for me, and saw the post which said that the vibration intensity is actually weaker than the M7. 

I have a S4 (i9500) currently, could you guys tell me if the vibration of M8 is stronger than S4 or not? I don't feel the S4 vibrating in my pocket while walking at all, and I have had countless number of calls / SMS missed because of it. It's frustrating me so much that I was even thinking for a Moto X as I heard it has insane vibration strength.

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys I found this topic while I was searching for M8's vibration strength as it's a big factor for me, and saw the post which said that the vibration intensity is actually weaker than the M7.

I have a S4 (i9500) currently, could you guys tell me if the vibration of M8 is stronger than S4 or not? I don't feel the S4 vibrating in my pocket while walking at all, and I have had countless number of calls / SMS missed because of it. It's frustrating me so much that I was even thinking for a Moto X as I heard it has insane vibration strength.

Thanks in advance.

I know it's not possible for everyone, but the best way to solve this is to get a Pebble smart watch. I got one, and I never miss a notification because it vibrates right on your wrist. But they are pretty expensive, so I understand if that isn't an option. I'm just throwing that out there as an idea. Unfortunately because I have a Pebble, I almost never have the phone on vibrate. But when it is, it seems pretty strong. It is much stronger than my old EVO LTE, and I believe it is stronger than the S3, but I can't comment on the S4. It is also pretty quiet too when compared to other phones (namely iPhones).

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Thanks, budget isn't any problem really. I can get a Pebble or those Galaxy Gears or whatever, but you just hit me in a sensitive section, I am an watch-o-holic of some kind. I only use automatic watches, Omega as a daily beater, and a T-Touch as secondary. So wearing two watches, sorry, one watch and another toy, is just ridiculous for me.

Anyway, I will get the M7 if needed. Vibration is a big factor for me. Still might end up getting the Moto X. So many confusing statements actually, a lot of people said M7 has weaker vibration than S4. Don't know what to believe any more to be honest.

If you seek "vibration intensity," you are looking in the wrong place.  Maybe you need to get yourself one of these...

hitachi500.jpg

AJ 

• Like 2

Thanks, but I was being serious :/

The best thing is to try it out yourself. You can have 5 of the same devices and all 5 could vibrate differently.

The best thing is to try it out yourself. You can have 5 of the same devices and all 5 could vibrate differently.

Back on topic.....[emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Thanks, but I was being serious :/

I seen the M8 vibrate in person and it's pretty loud. I'd say louder than the M7 and way way louder than my S5.

I'm like you, I miss a lot of SMS/Calls because I had that problem. The S5's vibration is pretty weak. The M8 is pretty good. My gf has the M8

Uh.. Over vibration? The m8 is Triband

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Lol, those bands don't matter to me. We don't even have half decent 4G over here. Three reasons behind M7 over M8, for me,

- Size. Any bigger than S4 will be a problem. I hate big phones. I still can't get over the size and compactness of Moto X

- That ongoing topic on XDA about the lens scratch issue, I am not really comfortable with it.

- Money of course. I can get the M7 by paying just 5% extra than what I got for my S4, while for M8 I will have to pay 75-80% extra. Here there is no contract thingy are available, all are off contract.

- And last but not the least, after spending truck load of money behind flagship and top of the line phones specs don't matter to me any more.

When I am getting the M7 I know I am getting an inferior device.

Thanks to all once again.

Edited by ithehappy

Having issues with my M8. Over the last week I've been missing calls even though being close to a tower. My phone has also been dropping LTE a lot even close to a tower. It seems that I'm missing calls when I'm on 3G not LTE. I think they started using EHRPD about the same time so this could be the cause of it. I have a Tab 3 that I compare with and I don't have issues holding LTE or does it jump back and forth a lot. The missed calls are a huge issue, not sure if this is phone or network related. I think it would be network/software issue. Also I can get about half of my calls to be on 800 IF I'm on LTE if I'm connected to 3G I never have 800 unless there is absolutely no 1900 signal even an unusable one will beat out 800. This is also bad as 800 is really needed for this distance especially in my area. Anyone else experiencing this? solutions? 

Having a bit of a brain fart. Got a new M8 in SF Bay Area and was not seeing LTE, I'm assuming due to the eCSFB issues. Just to test the phone before my return window closes, forced LTE with *#*#4636#*#*. Got band 41, everything seems to be working. Went back to CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto, but still stuck on LTE, so no calls. Tried everything up to ##SCRTN#, same issue. Am I missing some easy way to get CDMA/EvDo back?

Having issues with my M8. Over the last week I've been missing calls even though being close to a tower. My phone has also been dropping LTE a lot even close to a tower. It seems that I'm missing calls when I'm on 3G not LTE. I think they started using EHRPD about the same time so this could be the cause of it. I have a Tab 3 that I compare with and I don't have issues holding LTE or does it jump back and forth a lot. The missed calls are a huge issue, not sure if this is phone or network related. I think it would be network/software issue. Also I can get about half of my calls to be on 800 IF I'm on LTE if I'm connected to 3G I never have 800 unless there is absolutely no 1900 signal even an unusable one will beat out 800. This is also bad as 800 is really needed for this distance especially in my area. Anyone else experiencing this? solutions? 

Sounds like typical eCSFB issues but for what its worth, other users here have swapped out their devices and reported better performance.  If the device isn't up to your satisfaction then try to get it swapped out, if the same issues continues then that should pretty much confirm that its the network.  The eCSFB issues really is a pain in the ass for many users but its an issue that seems to be getting fixed pretty quickly.

Having a bit of a brain fart. Got a new M8 in SF Bay Area and was not seeing LTE, I'm assuming due to the eCSFB issues. Just to test the phone before my return window closes, forced LTE with *#*#4636#*#*. Got band 41, everything seems to be working. Went back to CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto, but still stuck on LTE, so no calls. Tried everything up to ##SCRTN#, same issue. Am I missing some easy way to get CDMA/EvDo back?

Can't you just go into your mobile network settings and just switch it to cdma only?  Am I missing something?

• Like 1

One annoying thing with the M8 is if your doing something and screen lock it for a few min and come back and what you had open on the screen is gone and you have to go back to it. Also when going between tabs or just going to internet it reloads the page automatically which is a problem when I have bad or no service and I want to read something I have open. Any solutions to either of these?

Can't you just go into your mobile network settings and just switch it to cdma only?  Am I missing something?

That was the first thing I tried. CDMA only isn't selectable, immediately changes back to CDMA / LTE. I can select it when in plane mode, but when I switch plane mode off, CDMA only has no effect, the phone still connects to LTE. 

Edited by Kisakuku