iPhone 6 and Sprint Spark

derrph

I am not sure if this was already a topic or not but I want to get everyone's opinion if you guys think that the next iPhone will be compatible with Sprint Spark or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure if this was already a topic or not but I want to get everyone's opinion if you guys think that the next iPhone will be compatible with Sprint Spark or not?

all future sprint devices are going to be sprint spark enabled.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

all future sprint devices are going to be sprint spark enabled.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Us iPhone users hope really hope it will be, but with Apple, they have the say over whether it will be or not. So they could choose to make it Spark or not, and Sprint has nothing to say over such a decision.

However, I have a strong feeling that it will be since one version of the 5S has both FDD and TDD LTE capabilities.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Us iPhone users hope really hope it will be, but with Apple, they have the say over whether it will be or not. So they could choose to make it Spark or not, and Sprint has nothing to say over such a decision.

However, I have a strong feeling that it will be since one version of the 5S has both FDD and TDD LTE capabilities.

China Mobile's version already supports band 41. I'm not sure why they couldn't have added it for Sprints iPhone if they could for China Mobile.

Edit: nvm it's band 38. Which is still TDD 2600, (I wonder what the difference is.

China Mobile's version already supports band 41. I'm not sure why they couldn't have added it for Sprints iPhone if they could for China Mobile.Edit: nvm it's band 38. Which is still TDD 2600, (I wonder what the difference is.

Many differences between bands, and many similarities. But because the China Mobile version has Band 38, then Band 41 isn't an impossibility. And I really hope they add it too.

The iPhone 6 will, without a doubt in my mind, have support for Band 41 on the Sprint variant. Apple is always just behind the curve on things because they would like the technilogies to mature a little and lose their kinks before Apple implements them in an iPhone. I'm sure we all remember the iPhone 4S coming out with only 3G and no LTE.

What I am hoping for, however, is that Apple will use a Cat 4 baseband in the iPhone 6, also. That way we'll be able to go above 100 Mbps on LTE.

The only thing I'm not too sure of is if the 6 will support carrier aggragation. If it doesn't, then having the Cat 4 would be kind of useless in my mind, at least on Sprint. My fear is that we may have to wait for the 6S to get that. Boy am I glad I'm on easy pay ;)

-Anthony

• Like 1

The iPhone 6 will, without a doubt in my mind, have support for Band 41 on the Sprint variant. Apple is always just behind the curve on things because they would like the technilogies to mature a little and lose their kinks before Apple implements them in an iPhone. I'm sure we all remember the iPhone 4S coming out with only 3G and no LTE.

What I am hoping for, however, is that Apple will use a Cat 4 baseband in the iPhone 6, also. That way we'll be able to go above 100 Mbps on LTE.

The only thing I'm not too sure of is if the 6 will support carrier aggragation. If it doesn't, then having the Cat 4 would be kind of useless in my mind, at least on Sprint. My fear is that we may have to wait for the 6S to get that. Boy am I glad I'm on easy pay ;)

-Anthony

I'm not too concerned about Carrier Aggregation at this point. It's too young of a technology and would be a huge battery drain on the iPhone. I would rather Apple wait until the 6S to implement it.

Many differences between bands, and many similarities. But because the China Mobile version has Band 38, then Band 41 isn't an impossibility. And I really hope they add it too.

It looks like its only the top part of band 41 spectrum.

It looks like its only the top part of band 41 spectrum.

Wonder if since my phone is paid off, if they would let me sign another 2 year and get the 6 when it comes out.... Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

If the Iphone doesnt have spark, Sprint made a bad mistake in signing the contract with apple. I would think  it would specify spark in the contract by 2014/15 as thats when Spark should have a good footprint. Also, sprint has stated all new phones will be triband.

• Like 1

Wonder if since my phone is paid off, if they would let me sign another 2 year and get the 6 when it comes out.... Hmmm

are you currently on easy pay?if you are you have to wait a yesr(from whatvi wasntold and understood) to grt a new phone, even after being payed off. It just allows you to keep the phone and not trading it in at the yearly upgrade
  • Like 1

are you currently on easy pay?if you are you have to wait a yesr(from whatvi wasntold and understood) to grt a new phone, even after being payed off. It just allows you to keep the phone and not trading it in at the yearly upgrade

Not on easy pay. And you can always keep your phone, you just don't get a credit towards new accessories or whatever. They gave me 150 for my 4s when it was broken. I was surprised, and pretty sure he wasn't supposed to do that.

Not on easy pay. And you can always keep your phone, you just don't get a credit towards new accessories or whatever. They gave me 150 for my 4s when it was broken. I was surprised, and pretty sure he wasn't supposed to do that.

Many reps "overlook" some damage to get you more credit if you are buying accessories. Especially with upgrades because we don't get crap in commission for them, maybe a buck.

• Like 1

Many reps "overlook" some damage to get you more credit if you are buying accessories. Especially with upgrades because we don't get crap in commission for them, maybe a buck.

It was very nice. I had to buy the phone at a discounted upgrade price as I was literally 2 months from my upgrade and my phone went for a swim. I ended up getting the 5 at a discounts 400 something. Then he gave me 150 in credit and I got a car charger, extra cable for phone, and 2 cases. It was worth it to me. All of which I would have gotten .So in the end it cost me 250 for the phone 2 months ahead of my upgrade. I am not sure I am going to trade in my 5S this time. Probably going to sell it and use the cash for my upgrade next Feb. By then the 6 should be out and triband should be readily available in Orlando.

If the Iphone doesnt have spark, Sprint made a bad mistake in signing the contract with apple. I would think it would specify spark in the contract by 2014/15 as thats when Spark should have a good footprint. Also, sprint has stated all new phones will be triband.

Spark or no the iPhone deal was no mistake. No carrier can afford to be with out the iPhone period.

As far as weather or not the next iPhone is going to have spark or not only select people at apple know but I can imagine them leaving it out. It would be a bad experience for iPhone users on the sprint network and apple doesn't want apple users to have a bad experience on any network.

• Like 1

It was very nice. I had to buy the phone at a discounted upgrade price as I was literally 2 months from my upgrade and my phone went for a swim. I ended up getting the 5 at a discounts 400 something. Then he gave me 150 in credit and I got a car charger, extra cable for phone, and 2 cases. It was worth it to me. All of which I would have gotten .So in the end it cost me 250 for the phone 2 months ahead of my upgrade. I am not sure I am going to trade in my 5S this time. Probably going to sell it and use the cash for my upgrade next Feb. By then the 6 should be out and triband should be readily available in Orlando.

Yea im thinking that is what happened, instead of a $1 or so just for the phone he then made 10% of those accessories. So depending on the cases he made $10-20 in commission on that sale. That's a decent sale and i know id do what ever it took to close those accessories.

• Like 1

Spark or no the iPhone deal was no mistake. No carrier can afford to be with out the iPhone period.

As far as weather or not the next iPhone is going to have spark or not only select people at apple know but I can imagine them leaving it out. It would be a bad experience for iPhone users on the sprint network and apple doesn't want apple users to have a bad experience on any network.

And that is exactly why Apple didn't make the jump to WiMAX. It wasn't going to be everywhere so they didn't want people to complain that they paid for this feature on their phone that they aren't able to use.

-Anthony

• Like 1

This gives me hope that we'll see Band 41 in the next iPhone: http://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2013/09/25/china-mobile-and-lte-bands-when-could-apple-announce-a-partnership/

Even Apple can't afford to piss off a carrier with ¾ billion subs.

However, China Mobile has also stated that mobile devices will need to support TD-LTE Band 41 starting next year.
  • Like 1

The next iPhone will support it.  Everything I want in an iPhone should happen with the 6...triband and bigger screen.  If either is missing I will probably get the GS5.  But I'm pretty confident both will happen.  I just hope some of the rumors about it being released in june/july are right.  I'ld love to pick it up before the usual september release.

• Like 4

I understand you, but how much could they lose from all the "would be" apple upgrades, as well as new customers because the "new" iphone isnt up to date? If band 41 hasnt met a certain buildout point I would be ok with it not being in 6. But i would suspect a lot of people wont be happy if it doesnt come triband. How long was the contract with apple anyways?

I understand you, but how much could they lose from all the "would be" apple upgrades, as well as new customers because the "new" iphone isnt up to date? If band 41 hasnt met a certain buildout point I would be ok with it not being in 6. But i would suspect a lot of people wont be happy if it doesnt come triband. How long was the contract with apple anyways?

I think somewhere between 4 & 7 years.

The majority of people don't know the difference really. That said I believe I am right in saying was the first to have lte 800 and that was when there wasn't a single b26 lte tower live in the "wild".

This idea that apple is behind the tech curve is not reasonable. They have opted out of a lot of things for their own reasons (like NFC), but there is no good reason why they would exclude 2.6. I would be flat out shocked if they didn't include 2.6 in the iPhone 6, so much so that I put the chances at 100 they will.

• Like 2

The majority of people don't know the difference really. That said I believe I am right in saying was the first to have lte 800 and that was when there wasn't a single b26 lte tower live in the "wild".

This idea that apple is behind the tech curve is not reasonable. They have opted out of a lot of things for their own reasons (like NFC), but there is no good reason why they would exclude 2.6. I would be flat out shocked if they didn't include 2.6 in the iPhone 6, so much so that I put the chances at 100 they will.

I would never be one to say Apple is behind the tech curve. I believe they are one of the best pioneers in modern technology, with things like 64-Bit processing on a mobile phone and being one of the first companies to mass produce a high definition display on a mobile device. That being said, they never want to make the jump unless the technology is at a good enough point in its maturity to be practical in one of their devices. My best guess is Apple couldn't find a bulletproof way to implement Band 41 in the Sprint iPhone 5S. Like I've said already, I'm fully confident that Band 41 will be included in the 6. Not a doubt in my mind.

-Anthony

• Like 1