iOS 7.1 update available

Steven800

Also: apparently they improved touch ID again. "With iOS 7.1.1 Apple now takes multiple scans of each position you place finger at setup instead of a single one and uses algorithms to predict potential errors that could arise in the future. Touch ID was supposed to gradually improve accuracy with every scan but the problem was if you didn't scan well on setup it would ruin your experience until you re-setup your finger. iOS 7.1.1 not only removes that problem and increases accuracy but also greatly reduces the calculations your iPhone 5S had to make while unlocking the device which means you should get a much faster unlock time.

"

So should we delete our fingerprints and re-scan them in? I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to try.

-Anthony

• Like 1

So should we delete our fingerprints and re-scan them in? I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to try.

-Anthony

I'm going to once I finally get around to updating my iPhone.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

My Touch ID was working well before but I guess I'll do it again just for the hell of it.

As for battery I haven't gone a full day yet, but the results look decent so far.

I'm noticing an increase in battery efficiency as well, since the new update. Hmmm.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398305257.848584.jpg

If this becomes a trend then I'll have to say I'm impressed, this would be bringing me back to iOS 6 battery stats back on my iPhone 5. And I haven't used a lick of wifi today either.

• Like 2

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398305257.848584.jpg

If this becomes a trend then I'll have to say I'm impressed, this would be bringing me back to iOS 6 battery stats back on my iPhone 5. And I haven't used a lick of wifi today either.

me yesterday. a9y9y7et.jpg

That was with wifi though most of the day. Still pretty good I feel though. Today is up to this much but I've been doing more battery sucking stuff. Still doing good... Ignore the plugged in. That was for a moment only.anebavyv.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

My iPad did pretty good, though this was only half on 7.1.1. My iPhones battery life is more consistent and a little bit longer. I'm more easily achieving longer life then before. image.jpg

• Like 1

This version is a better one than previous..i like it

I mean I notice nothing really different, however apple always throws things in that they don't say. Like in the app store how it now says offers in app purchases underneath the download button in tiny grey letters. Or that they somehow improved battery life for a large number of users including me. And the Touch ID improvement. Unless my finger is dirty, it pretty much has an accuracy of 100%.

I mean I notice nothing really different, however apple always throws things in that they don't say. Like in the app store how it now says offers in app purchases underneath the download button in tiny grey letters. Or that they somehow improved battery life for a large number of users including me. And the Touch ID improvement. Unless my finger is dirty, it pretty much has an accuracy of 100%.

I've been hearing that the huge battery improvements have been for people that have iPhone 5's. iOS 7 really killed the battery life that people were seeing on iOS 6, and now people are reporting that on their iPhone 5's on iOS 7.1.1 that they are seeing better than iOS 6 battery life.

-Anthony

• Like 1

I've been hearing that the huge battery improvements have been for people that have iPhone 5's. iOS 7 really killed the battery life that people were seeing on iOS 6, and now people are reporting that on their iPhone 5's on iOS 7.1.1 that they are seeing better than iOS 6 battery life.

-Anthony

Could be a placebo effect, but I am also seeing better battery life. Hopefully in the next few months while they finish up NV in orlando I'll be able to really test it out while I'm out and about. I wouldn't do any  battery life testing now since there are so many legacy sites still left and b26 isn't here yet. I can't wait to see if I can get a full days worth of battery life without connecting to wifi!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How is this possible. Apple has managed to squeeze that much more battery life by doing an ios update? From a device that is really supposed to have around 10 hours max battery life. I am amazed.

How is this possible. Apple has managed to squeeze that much more battery life by doing an ios update? From a device that is really supposed to have around 10 hours max battery life. I am amazed.

I'm partially questioning their metrics for determining the usage amount. I'll try to divulge later.

I'm partially questioning their metrics for determining the usage amount. I'll try to divulge later.

I think it's pretty accurate. It just doesn't add up. And if this is the case, why can't they get more out of iphone battery life. It went up with the newest update, but nothing like what I am getting on my ipad. I guess I'm not factoring in the bad reception I have in my home. That could probably be it

I think it's pretty accurate. It just doesn't add up. And if this is the case, why can't they get more out of iphone battery life. It went up with the newest update, but nothing like what I am getting on my ipad. I guess I'm not factoring in the bad reception I have in my home. That could probably be it

One other thing to factor in. My iPhone usually says that it has been off the charger longer than it really has, or even my iPhone 5 (being used by my friend).

• 1 month later...

My fiance just handed me her phone because of an update prompt. Looks like 7.1.2 just got pushed. I forgot to take a picture of her screen. Something for ibeacon, and a security fix for mail. Seems very minor.

• Like 1

My fiance just handed me her phone because of an update prompt. Looks like 7.1.2 just got pushed. I forgot to take a picture of her screen. Something for ibeacon, and a security fix for mail. Seems very minor.

This update contains bug fixes and security updates, including:

Improves iBeacon connectivity and stability

Fixes a bug with data transfer for some 3rd party accessories, including bar code scanners

Corrects an issue with data protection class of Mail attachments

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Updates sometimes contain hidden little features that not many people catch. I've noticed after the update to os X yesterday, my "apps using significant energy" loads at least 5x as fast. It would usually take a few for it to calculate what's being used...now it is almost instant. I haven't noticed any changes on iOS 7.1.2 though. I just want iOS 8 and yosemite already.

Got 7.1.2 on my iPad mini and haven't really noticed a difference yet. I'm guessing the phones probably notice more of a difference because of the mobile network and the additional usage it gets throughout a day. But I do use my mini quite a bit when I'm in meetings and away from my computer and I have a bluetooth keyboard attached to it so that eats battery too. 

• Like 1

Got 7.1.2 on my iPad mini and haven't really noticed a difference yet. I'm guessing the phones probably notice more of a difference because of the mobile network and the additional usage it gets throughout a day. But I do use my mini quite a bit when I'm in meetings and away from my computer and I have a bluetooth keyboard attached to it so that eats battery too. 

I can't really do a battery life comparison on my phone because I have such crappy service here. I know that as of yesterday, my iPad had not been charged in almost 13 days and had about 25 hours of normal usage (web browsing mostly on medium brightness). I know the not being charged in 13 days is accurate, but 25 hours of usage plus 13 days of stand by makes me wonder.....If those stats are accurate, I am throughly impressed.

• Like 1