gs3 ehrpd issue

JThorson

Hey everyone, so when I'm on ehrpd, even though my phone says it has a signal I can't get any data to go through. As of currently I'm on ehrpd with a dmb of -93. I've wanted to do speed tests but they fail every time, and only on ehrpd. When I'm connected to evdo I have no issues. Anyone know the reason why this may be happening?

Sounds like a routing issue network-side. Could be an issue with the tower you are connected to, or anything along the route from there to the 4G core. Heck, it could be the 4G core itself, no real way for us to know specifically. Do you have another phone nearby to check whether eHRPD on that is working?

I had this on my S3 a few weeks ago after some upgrades to the towers near where I work. I called Sprint they did a refresh and had me do a PRL and Profile update. I did not have high hopes but afterwards I had no problems. So worth a try.

Sounds like a routing issue network-side. Could be an issue with the tower you are connected to, or anything along the route from there to the 4G core. Heck, it could be the 4G core itself, no real way for us to know specifically. Do you have another phone nearby to check whether eHRPD on that is working?

As of right now I don't have another phone to try out, something I will try when I do though. I know it could be a number of things causing this issue.

I had this on my S3 a few weeks ago after some upgrades to the towers near where I work. I called Sprint they did a refresh and had me do a PRL and Profile update. I did not have high hopes but afterwards I had no problems. So worth a try.

I've tried the prl and profile update but haven't noticed a difference. I know the issue will be resolved in time. Was just curious if anyone knew of a possible reason why.