LG G Flex Users Thread

bmoses

got myself a G Flex!!!!!  :D so far i'm really liking it! haven't found anything to dislike yet but i've only had it about an hour  :) i was between this and the G2 and decided to go with this since i wanted a bigger screen. When i was in the store i could just barely see a difference between the screen on the flex and the G2 when holding them side by side. now that i'm back at work and playing on it the screen looks gorgeous!

i made sure to verify that i was able to get the band prirority screen so i could change band priorities, the only screen that didn't work was the one the G2 uses to change to LTE only mode. i was able to use the dialer code, by changing the last 3 to 995 (for this model number) and it did load a hidden menu, but i couldn't find anywhere on it to set LTE only mode. i asked the sales guy if he could get me my MSL while i was there and he did  :)

Here are some signalcheck and engineering screens from it.

set to CDMA mode to see voice and 3G connection

2014-02-07-13-51-11.png

connected to LTE

2014-02-07-13-52-07.png

band enable/disable

2014-02-07-13-53-02.png

band priority

2014-02-07-13-53-11.png

lte engineering

2014-02-07-13-52-28.png

shortcuts to all these screens don't work in signalcheck  :( not sure if they do in the G2 or not? will have to message mike so he can look at it.

will be working on moving all my stuff from my old phone over now  :D if anyone wants to know anything else feel free to ask!

• Like 12

In the Hidden Menu there is no IOT(CDG2) page?

aqu7y8e3.jpg

All shortcuts on G2 except for Hidden Menu work in SignalCheck Pro.

Also, interesting they put a different ugly eye burning color in the Flex. We got the blue, you got the green. Can you post a screen shot of the Notifications expanded?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

In the Hidden Menu there is no IOT(CDG2) page?

All shortcuts on G2 except for Hidden Menu work in SignalCheck Pro.

Also, interesting they put a different ugly eye burning color in the Flex. We got the blue, you got the green. Can you post a screen shot of the Notifications expanded?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

nope, i dialed 5689#*995# and it comes up with this screen

2014-02-07-15-00-25.png

i checked through all of them and didn't find anything to set LTE only mode.

• Like 2

Nice, post, bmoses. Congrats on the new toy! :D I'm going to try to make it to my local Sprint corporate store this weekend to check out this bad boy. Keep us posted with any findings and additional impressions! :tu:

• Like 1

So I  did everything, but my LG Flex will never connect to ther 4G LTE, any help please? I first tested the factory lte settings but never work, and then I put 41 band 1, 26 band 2 and 41 band 3 but nothing work, again I did 41 band 1, 26 band 2 and 25 band 3 but still not able to connect 4g

So I  did everything, but my LG Flex will never connect to ther 4G LTE, any help please? I first tested the factory lte settings but never work, and then I put 41 band 1, 26 band 2 and 41 band 3 but nothing work, again I did 41 band 1, 26 band 2 and 25 band 3 but still not able to connect 4g

i know this may sound stupid, but are you sure your not on cdma only? also make sure your sim # is the same on your account as whats in your phone, if its not, then have sprint fix it. 

• Like 2

i know this may sound stupid, but are you sure your not on cdma only? also make sure your sim # is the same on your account as whats in your phone, if its not, then have sprint fix it. 

Thanks for the quick replay, but I'm sure my phone is on CDMA/LTE. I don't know about the Sim thing, what do you mean? My phone is phone I can make calls and receive as well, 

Thanks for the quick replay, but I'm sure my phone is on CDMA/LTE. I don't know about the Sim thing, what do you mean? My phone is phone I can make calls and receive as well,

Location?

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Seatac, Washington. I now have sprint S3 and it's giving me full bars of lte, 20 MB of Download, 10 AP, but LG Flex is not even getting it.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Thanks Lilotimz, So clicked on this link and there's a lot of information in there and I honestly didn't understand , is it mean my new LG Flex can't get some of Sprint towers? 

Thanks Lilotimz, So clicked on this link and there's a lot of information in there and I honestly didn't understand , is it mean my new LG Flex can't get some of Sprint towers?

Read it again if you don't.

Long story short. Samsung markets, like yours, require network vision 3g upgrades so Triband spark phones can talk to the lte network and the 3g network. If it does not detect the 3g network through csfb the device locks itself into 3g only mode to preserve voice capability.

The only fix for Samsung markets are for Samsung to upgrade every single site as fast as possible and bring it up as one giant cluster due to the legacy network not talking to the upgraded network. It takes about 9-12 or more months to convert most of a market and Samsung will not fire anything up until NV 3g has been activated.

Most towers in Seattle are 4g only as Samsung used to bring up 4g first. The stopped doing that this summer in order to convert sites ASAP and do mass market wide cluster launches to mitigate csfb gaps.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

Read it again if you don't.

Long story short. Samsung markets, like yours, require network vision 3g upgrades so Triband spark phones can talk to the lte network and the 3g network. If it does not detect the 3g network through csfb the device locks itself into 3g only mode to preserve voice capability.

The only fix for Samsung markets are for Samsung to upgrade every single site as fast as possible and bring it up as one giant cluster due to the legacy network not talking to the upgraded network. It takes about 9-12 or more months to convert most of a market and Samsung will not fire anything up until NV 3g has been activated.

Most towers in Seattle are 4g only as Samsung used to bring up 4g first. The stopped doing that this summer in order to convert sites ASAP and do mass market wide cluster launches to mitigate csfb gaps.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thank you so much. So when you say Samsung you mean Sprint, right? I'm gonna return this phone tomorrow and keep my old phone, S3. It's really sad that Sprint's newer devices are useless in many places.

Thank you so much. So when you say Samsung you mean Sprint, right? I'm gonna return this phone tomorrow and keep my old phone, S3. It's really sad that Sprint's newer devices are useless in many places.

If you've got a little time and some wheels, you're not too far from an area where you should be able to get 4G with that phone.  Once you drive south of Kent/Des Moines Road or S 272nd, you're starting to get into territory where your phone should work spectacularly.  It looks like the deep south of King County and all of Pierce and Snohomish Counties should be be unaffected by the CSFB problem described in the link above (however, no one has tested this with a Spark compatible phone on this board yet, to my knowledge).

For months now, there has been very little activity in the King County areas where 4G was originally accepted.  Most of the rest of Western Washington appears to be NV complete, so one might assume that work to mitigate CSFB is being done in King County now, and that Samsung is preparing to light these sites up in clusters, as lilotimz described above.

There's a great map in the sponsors area that will allow you to see where the problem should lie.

• Like 1

ok so here is my mini update - 

1) screen - for the most part the screen looks amazing, was watching a 2Mbps stream of Avatar to it and it looked awesome. however there have been times where the screen did look "grainy". not sure if its certain apps that are low res, or certain colors or what. but i only noticed it a few times and wasn't really that distracting.

2) battery - when i left work yesterday (where it had sort of been charging) it was at 80%. i played with it most of the evening with restoring my apps and stuff. i had the screen set to "auto" brightness with the slider at 90%, but i don't think the auto was always working, so i'm pretty sure the screen was at 90% most of the night. when i finally plugged it in at 11:30PM it was at 10% battery left. it had been on battery a little over 9 hours and it was estimating about 1.5 hours left. screen time was 25% on that.

3) performance - performance so far has been great. i had a few issues with trying to migrate my apps/data with mybackup pro and the apps not working after the migration and locking up, but once i cleared data on them and reinstalled them from the app store everything worked great.

i did root it with ioroot, which was ridiculously easy! i haven't done a custom recovery or ROM yet as i just wanted root for airplane mode in signalcheck and to use mybackup. will probably look at ROMs later this week.

• Like 2

Hey guys can anyone tell me which band is 26? Im going to try and change the priorities on the band but i only know that band 41 is the 800mhz correct? But im not sure which one is the other two but i do want to test the other bands out i live in Miami which is one of the major cities so im pretty sure spark should be active out here.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Hey guys can anyone tell me which band is 26? Im going to try and change the priorities on the band but i only know that band 41 is the 800mhz correct? But im not sure which one is the other two but i do want to test the other bands out i live in Miami which is one of the major cities so im pretty sure spark should be active out here.

band 41 is clearwire 2500/2600   , band 26 is the 800, and 25 is 1900 

• Like 1

band 41 is clearwire 2500/2600 , band 26 is the 800, and 25 is 1900

Aahhh ok thanks mate well i just checked and my stock priority band came as priority band 1= 25, band 2= 26, and band 3= 41 is there anyway i can find out if Miami has towers active with band 26 and 41 before i make changes?

Aahhh ok thanks mate well i just checked and my stock priority band came as priority band 1= 25, band 2= 26, and band 3= 41 is there anyway i can find out if Miami has towers active with band 26 and 41 before i make changes?

Miami area has been shut out of band 26 and 800 voice until rebranding is complete. Anywhere within 80 miles of Miami is not allowed to use 800 lte or voice for the time being. There is some band 41 around though since Miami has launched as a Spark city.

• Like 1

Miami area has been shut out of band 26 and 800 voice until rebranding is complete. Anywhere within 80 miles of Miami is not allowed to use 800 lte or voice for the time being. There is some band 41 around though since Miami has launched as a Spark city.

Wow that sucks badly did not know that wonder how long that would take i just got this g flex lastnight even though im getting good speed compare to my note 2 but its a bummer hearing about band 26.

Anyone know where or what app i can use to know what band im connected to?Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Not sure SignalCheck will show the LTE band, unfortunately.

You're better off with accessing your LTE Engineering screen: From the dialer, enter ##DEBUG# (or ##33284#), then select LTE Engineering. That should get you where you need to go. If that doesn't work, let us know and we can try something else. :)

Edit: Now that I think about it, SignalCheck Pro may get you there with its System Shortcuts feature. I know it works for the LG G2, at least. Don't see why it wouldn't work with the G Flex.

Edited by PDXmike
  • Like 1