Network Vision and Spark EARFCN logging thread

Dup

Dup

What was the duplicate?

AJ

Okay, so that was in Normal, IL.  But your previous post that you wiped, I believe, indicated an I-70 mile marker.  Is one or both accurate?

AJ

Remaining post is accurate. Possible 10x10 noted near that mile marker (same earfcn as Columbus, but not speed tested above 38Mbps). In other quirks, did pickup GSM near Dexter, WI. Will post more when I get back. Minneapolis has a sizeable amount of CA seen in the few hours I have been here so far, but all on standard EARFCN.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From what handset model is that engineering screenshot?

AJ

• 3 weeks later...

I cannot say that I am surprised.  San Diego is presently a band 26 compromised market, yet it is a full PCS A block 30 MHz (15 MHz FDD) market.  That makes perfect sense to get another 5 MHz FDD band 25 carrier out there in the PCS A block.

On a related note, I need to collate all of the new EARFCN data in this thread, get my top post and band 41 spreadsheet up to date.  Any help would be appreciated.

AJ

• Like 2

26640/8640 has been found in a few western counties in the Cleveland market. Details can be found in the Cleveland market hunter's thread.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6041-cleveland-market-mapspreadsheet/page-16

The post that has a link to an engineering screenshot (about 2/3 down the page) that also shows the 10MHz bandwidth is crossed off because the said site was found by someone else a month ago.

Not sure if this has been recorded before but I found a second carrier with the UARFCN 8321 on vacation in Phoenix AZ.

When reporting a non standard EARFCN, always reference the top post first.  It has a list of those reported and recorded.  Phoenix band 25 second carrier was added several months ago.

AJ

So I've determined that Sprint has WiMAX/LTE carriers running in the EBS A1/A2/A3, B1/B2/B3, C3 and D1/D2/D3 plus through the entirety of BRS minus the E4 and F4 blocks here in Charlotte.

Is there any way to check if Sprint is leasing spectrum in EBS C1/C2, A4/B4/C4/E4/F4, or BRS E4/F4 without looking for live instances of carriers? Is the FCC database too messy to even bother?

Is it safe to assume they have C1 and C2 since they have C3?

• Like 1

OH MY GOD I AM IN SEATTLE AND I JUST GOT A UARFCN OF 8640!!!!!!! IS THIS A POSSIBLE 10x10 CARRIER IN WASHINGTON? The field test app doesn't work.

Yes. More screenshots and field tests please..

See: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-394-columbus-8640-the-age-of-10-mhz-fdd-discovery/

As you can see.. Seattle is one of the few markets where they can do 10x10 PCS B25 LTE  by refarming C block adjacent to the existing G block 5 MHz FDD-LTE carrier to expand to a 10x10 FDD-LTE carrier. 

gallery_1_2_25401.png

• Like 2

Yes. More screenshots and field tests please..

See: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-394-columbus-8640-the-age-of-10-mhz-fdd-discovery/

As you can see.. Seattle is one of the few markets where they can do 10x10 PCS B25 LTE by refarming C block adjacent to the existing G block 5 MHz FDD-LTE carrier to expand to a 10x10 FDD-LTE carrier.

I know I saved that excel spreadsheet in anticipation lol. I'll try to get more screenshots but the iOS 9 field test app is broken and the download/upload bandwidth dong work. They either say unknown or are blank. I'll try to get more screenshots though!

• Like 1

I know I saved that excel spreadsheet in anticipation lol. I'll try to get more screenshots but the iOS 9 field test app is broken and the download/upload bandwidth dong work. They either say unknown or are blank. I'll try to get more screenshots though!

Speedtests will also work since a 10x10 has double the capacity as a 5x5. If it's > 36.2 mbps on the download on B25 then it's obviously a 10x10 carrier. 

• Like 1

Speedtests will also work since a 10x10 has double the capacity as a 5x5. If it's > 36.2 mbps on the download on B25 then it's obviously a 10x10 carrier.

The problem is that if I can get close enough to a tower to get that kind of speed, my phone will hand off to band 41...

OH MY GOD I AM IN SEATTLE AND I JUST GOT A UARFCN OF 8640!!!!!!! IS THIS A POSSIBLE 10x10 CARRIER IN WASHINGTON? The field test app doesn't work.

For confirmation, we need a Samsung generic engineering screenshot (*#0011#) -- because it shows carrier bandwidth.  But downlink EARFCN 8640 is almost incontrovertible evidence that the downlink EARFCN 8665 carrier is gone, replaced by a new carrier of greater bandwidth.

AJ

• Like 2

For confirmation, we need a Samsung generic engineering screenshot (*#0011#) -- because it shows carrier bandwidth. But downlink EARFCN 8640 is almost incontrovertible evidence that the downlink EARFCN 8665 carrier is gone, replaced by a new carrier of greater bandwidth.

AJ

I have an iPhone lol idk what to do

I have an iPhone lol idk what to do

The best way to get field test to populate is by rebooting your iPhone, entering field test, and just waiting. While on the field test screen, you can just turn off the screen for a few minutes and let it (hopefully) populate.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

• Like 1

The best way to get field test to populate is by rebooting your iPhone, entering field test, and just waiting. While on the field test screen, you can just turn off the screen for a few minutes and let it (hopefully) populate.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

I'll try it. The 6S field test screen is terrible. The 5S one was so much better...

I'll try it. The 6S field test screen is terrible. The 5S one was so much better...

How is it any different?  iOS Field Test has barely changed in years.  It is both good and terrible.  It does not even use the correct terminology.  For example, UARFCNs are for W-CDMA, not LTE.

Honestly, I am surprised that Apple just has not erased or blocked access to Field Test entirely.

AJ