Sprint Wifi Calling.....

runagun

I wonder when the g2 will get the WiFi calling software update. I figured it might come with kitkat but it didn't. For some reason Samsung devices get updates before anything I don't know if it's easier to implement on theirs or if lg is just slow. Hopefully we get it soon cause it would be nice to have when I'm out in the county.

I wonder when the g2 will get the WiFi calling software update. I figured it might come with kitkat but it didn't. For some reason Samsung devices get updates before anything I don't know if it's easier to implement on theirs or if lg is just slow. Hopefully we get it soon cause it would be nice to have when I'm out in the county.

LG is just slow. That has been a proven fact in the past.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

I was using WIFI calling yesterday, and was impressed. It worked flawlessly, and the only difference in the dialer was the icon. From a UE standpoint, it's awesome.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put CDMA by mistake and really meant a GPS signal.

Otherwise, if you can get a Sprint signal, why on earth would you use wifi, doesn't make sense.

But then again, all the calling plans being put out by Sprint over the last few months don't make sense either, only people with accounting degrees know what is going on.

sprint after months of trying finally got wifi claling working for me.  Right now my phone shows zero cell signal being used(according to signalcheck pro.  You DO have to go somewhere with a good cellular data and regular signal though to set it up..airaves don't count.  

WiFi calling in this form has been around way before republic wireless. It's a app that sends all voice thru WiFi. Voip at its best.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

i've taken a look at the traffic and it's basically Sprint's VOIP they use for the airave without the airave.  The delay the airave introduces is gone with wifi calling..what happens in the phone established an ipsec connection to sprint's cluster and everything gets routed through it.  The airave takes care of the ipsec connection back to the same cluster but the delay can be quite a nuisance.  

• Like 2

Has anybody tested making a call with no cell coverage? I've heard conflicting reports on this..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anybody tested making a call with no cell coverage? I've heard conflicting reports on this..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My phone is connected right now to wifi and it is using 0db of cellular for anything...no traffic from the phone on my airave at all.  now if i go up the hill about .5 miles i can hook into a tower..as far as having wifi without sprint service..i don't know..i DO know you ahve to be in a sprint service area(non-airave) to get your location setup..what i did was driv eup the hill..enable wifi claling..and then manually bilt the profile for my house wifi and the address.  Once i came back downt he hill once wifi was detected it jumped on..turned on wifi claling and my cellular db is zero.

Forgive me if this has been answered, but does Sprint's implementation of WiFi calling allow mms messages to be delivered over wifi? I've tested WiFi calling on T-Mobile but disabled it due to not being able to receive mms while on WiFi calling.

• 7 months later...

Well as expected, its not working. My dad is in mexico and it refuses to recognize the address, no matter which way he types it in

Is that the Sharp Aquos Crystal? If so, I don't believe that it's been updated with international wifi calling yet. Not every phone with wifi calling has been updated to support international wifi calling yet. Sprint should do a much better job on their website communicating which devices can do international wifi calling.

• Like 1

Is that the Sharp Aquos Crystal? If so, I don't believe that it's been updated with international wifi calling yet. Not every phone with wifi calling has been updated to support international wifi calling yet. Sprint should do a much better job on their website communicating which devices can do international wifi calling.

Where do you see that it doesnt support it?

Only thing I found was an old press release saying (coming soon) but as the Aquos wasnt released yet, I take it to mean that the phone was coming soon.

Where do you see that it doesnt support it?

Only thing I found was an old press release saying (coming soon) but as the Aquos wasnt released yet, I take it to mean that the phone was coming soon.

Right that's what I also took that to mean that the phone itself was due to be released soon.

I looked at the software updates for the Aquos Crystal here: http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_Sharp_AQUOS_Crystal/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB76042?INTNAV=SU:DP:OV:UG:SharpAquosCrystal:FindAndUpdateTheSoftwareVersionOnYourSharpAquosCry

and didn't see any mention of the international wifi calling update. If you check out other phones like the S4, S5, Mega, Note 3, G3, G Flex, M8, E8, etc. it specifies in one of their software updates when international wifi calling was enabled. When the Aquos Crystal gets it's international wifi calling update it should become listed there.