Sprint Wifi Calling.....

runagun

Do you have the "prefer WiFi" checked in MMS settings in Textra? That makes the difference.

RE: HD Voice......I'm not sure how that would be possible if you're suggesting it uses the network somehow? WiFi calling takes you off network completely. The phone calls on WiFi are already in HD as long as you've got a strong/fast WiFi connection.

What bothers me about WiFi calling is drops between access points AND drops if you leave WiFi coverage. Wish it'd switch like Fi does (doesn't it? Not sure on this).

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Before, enabling wifi calling would disable HD voice calls on the device when connected to the macro network. What I meant is that this problem appears to have been solved.

This is a very long thread so I apologize if this has been covered earlier earlier in the discussion -- but has this been happening to anyone else?

WiFi Calling has been practically useless to me on both my iPhone 6 and HTC One M9. The iPhone 6 is on my work phone and account and the HTC is my personal line -- so the accounts are completely different, so it has to be a network level thing...

Basically a good 70% of the time I will try to place a call over WiFi and the phone will say "dialing" then "call failed" almost immediately... try again... same thing... try again... same thing... try again... third time's the charm and it works great. It doesn't seem to matter which WiFi network I do this on, it is VERY hit or miss if I can place calls. I've tried this on multiple networks in many places. It's worse than flakey at best, and downright unusable at worst.

Even worse is when I try to receive a call when WiFi is active -- half the time I will answer the call and it will immediately say "call failed".

I've tried all sorts of resetting and provisioning... checked that my firewalls are off... went circles with tech support. I'm about to throw my hands up and throw my hands against the wall. My parents are also having similar issues since their Airave crapped out and Sprint refused to send them a new one saying "we don't offer those anymore, but we do have WiFi calling which is what we are replacing Airaves with" -- both have iPhone 6S's.

So has anyone else had these types of problems -- and more importantly, have you found a solution?

N

This is a very long thread so I apologize if this has been covered earlier earlier in the discussion -- but has this been happening to anyone else?

WiFi Calling has been practically useless to me on both my iPhone 6 and HTC One M9. The iPhone 6 is on my work phone and account and the HTC is my personal line -- so the accounts are completely different, so it has to be a network level thing...

So has anyone else had these types of problems -- and more importantly, have you found a solution?

N

Honestly, I've never had one issue with wifi calling on my iPhone..    Anything unique to your home network setup?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Before, enabling wifi calling would disable HD voice calls on the device when connected to the macro network. What I meant is that this problem appears to have been solved.

Really? :-) That's awesome, is this true for iPhone? If so, did 9.3.3 or 9.3.4 account for this, or perhaps a service update in the background? 

Really? :-) That's awesome, is this true for iPhone? If so, did 9.3.3 or 9.3.4 account for this, or perhaps a service update in the background?

It's in iOS 10 which will be released to the general public next month.

It's in iOS 10 which will be released to the general public next month.

Does not work from iOS 10 Beta to iOS 9.3.4

Just tried it on my wife's phone and the only way HD Voice worked is if we disabled it on our accounts.

• 6 months later...

Probably because you've disabled the GPS?

I wish Sprint would drop the e911 requirements. T-mobile does wifi calling and you don't have to constantly be entering your location to use it.

Also any idea why wifi calling does not work in airplane mode with wifi enabled?

I think you are correct. I am on the Royal Carribean Anthem of the Seas out of range of shore sites and just enabling airplane wifi and wifi calling on a LG V20 and LG G4 gives me those issues. I must also enable another voice to pickup GPS (domestic which then sees gsm). Just switching to GPS only is not good enough.

Another interest twist is SCP also seems to cause problems with Wi-Fi calling on both phones. Exit SCP and Wi-Fi Calling fully works.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

• Like 1