Sprint Wifi Calling.....

runagun

That's funny, I just randomly tried connecting to WiFi calling this morning out of the blue and it wouldn't work. Haven't connected and used it since I was in Italy and France back in May...what a coincidence that it's out for everyone...

Just started working for me again on my Note 4

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Yep, just started working for me on a S-5. I did not have to help it.  It automatically connected. Let's hope the intermittent drops that happen about once a day are gone too.

Yep, just started working for me on a S-5. I did not have to help it.  It automatically connected. Let's hope the intermittent drops that happen about once a day are gone too.

Issues with the reconnect is still happening to me.

• Like 1

Issues with the reconnect is still happening to me.

So far, after about 25 hours, everything if fine with me.  Normally Wi-Fi calling would drop for me about once a day, mostly in the middle of the night.

Mine's been connecting very reliably the last couple days. I did have the same "it worked, then stopped working" experience but now it's solid.

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

• Like 1

Mine's been connecting very reliably the last couple days. I did have the same "it worked, then stopped working" experience but now it's solid.

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

Even stays connected now through the night

Anyone having more disconnections in the last couple of days? Seems to usually reconnect if I tell it to. Or it just something with the Note 4 5.1.1 update

Anyone having more disconnections in the last couple of days? Seems to usually reconnect if I tell it to. Or it just something with the Note 4 5.1.1 update

WiFi calling has been awful the last couple of days, random call disconnects, WiFi calling itself going off line, occasional bad connections. Then it will work flawlessly for an hour or two, and the whole cycle starts over. I wish Sprint would stabilize the damn thing!

• Like 2

I've had wifi calling turned off on my phone for the last 2 months because my ISP dropped below 2Mbps, and I barely have enough bandwidth for my Mac to stream video, so I haven't noticed anything.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

WiFi calling has been awful the last couple of days, random call disconnects, WiFi calling itself going off line, occasional bad connections. Then it will work flawlessly for an hour or two, and the whole cycle starts over. I wish Sprint would stabilize the damn thing!

Are you still having issues?  WiFi calling has never been as stable for me.  I don't have to toggle with on/off to get it to connect anymore.  It just rolls and connects as I leave, enter different AP or WiFi areas.  

When I leave the country - I turn WIFI calling on.  But I've found, anywhere in the states, its easiest to leave it off.  I frequently find myself on a wifi call, and walking somewhere, and dropping wifi signal.  In these cases, its just easier to let the cell network handle the voice aspect so I dont drop calls if I walk between buildings/outside.

WiFi calling has been a mess for me with the Sharp Aquos Crystal. Even when it worked, it constantly had E911 address problems. I've given up on it.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

It hasn't worked for me at all since the 5.1.1 update on my Note 4. I just get the Wi-Fi calling icon with the red line through it in my notification bar. I don't even get the Network connection error notification. I've toggled Wi-Fi calling on/off and reverified my address but none of that has solved it.

It hasn't worked for me at all since the 5.1.1 update on my Note 4. I just get the Wi-Fi calling icon with the red line through it in my notification bar. I don't even get the Network connection error notification. I've toggled Wi-Fi calling on/off and reverified my address but none of that has solved it.

PRL and Profile updated?  I know you've probably tried that, but thought I would ask.  You could re-provision your services altogether too. 

• Like 1

Are you still having issues?  WiFi calling has never been as stable for me.  I don't have to toggle with on/off to get it to connect anymore.  It just rolls and connects as I leave, enter different AP or WiFi areas.  

Issues?  Sometimes.  For instance, yesterday late afternoon, WiFi calling dropped and I couldn't get it to reconnect.  Last night, I recycled it, and it started to work again, and continued through this morning.  (In fact, I received a call early this morning while I was on domestic WiFi calling and my daughter was on international WiFi calling on her Sprint GS5 in London -- it was choppy at times, but overall quality was quite acceptable.)  Then it dropped again, I recycled, and after a long delay, it reconnected.  I have subsequently been in and out of my house, and WiFi calling has gracefully disconnected and reconnected each time.

So it's not 100% stable, but when it does work, it is very satisfactory.  My only gripe is that it isn't up and running all the time.

• Like 1

PRL and Profile updated?  I know you've probably tried that, but thought I would ask.  You could re-provision your services altogether too. 

Nope I hadn't tried PRL/profile updates because I didn't realize it would affect Wi-Fi calling, but that did the trick. It now works with the usual, occasional dropouts. Thanks.

• Like 1

I use the WiFi Connect router for my family, all on iPhones. They occasionally drop the wifi calling for a brief period, and sometimes a call gets choppy upstairs and drops the wifi calling right after the call ends. It's a little annoying. Not sure if it has anything to do with Sprint's set up for wifi calling or my router fighting the Actiontec it's working with.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.. WiFi calling is working tonight. Miracle. Has been really bad over the last few weeks. I hope it stabilizes for when I'm in Europe next month.

My daughter just got home from 12 days in the U K, and International WiFi calling worked well wherever she had a good WiFi signal. In fact on some calls, it sounded like she was right next door. If your experience is as good, you will be happy. (International Value Roaming also worked almost perfectly for data and text, but that's another thread.)

• Like 2