Phone Insurance a rip off?

z250kid

I had a N5 replacement 4 days after I got it for my wife. She dropped it and cracked the screen.

Women and electronics.  Not a good combination...

AJ

• Like 1

I had a N5 replacement 4 days after I got it for my wife. She dropped it and cracked the screen. Paid the $100 and got a new phone the next day. Better than paying $400 for another phone.

I think this is the best part about the TEP insurance- immediate phone replacement for those who can't be without a phone for even a day.   

I've worked around this by keeping a spare N5 around just in case my primary phone goes out, but if you don't have a spare phone, insurance is a must, or you might be without a phone for weeks.

I find the insurance pretty convenient. I have the $11/month plan and this past Saturday, I cracked the screen on my G3, submitted the paperwork around noon Sunday, and the replacement shipped out Sunday at 8pm. Didn't get it until Tuesday at noon, but that's not too long.

Not to mention, I bought my G3 from a guy off of Craigslist only 4 weeks ago...I don't think any other insurance would cover that!

• 10 months later...

Bumping this to remind people who are looking at the new Apple phone deals that include Applecare and comparing it to lease + TEP etc that there are better options like:

Wells Fargo http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5335-phone-insurance-a-rip-off/?p=265744 I have used this twice with NO ISSUES. Wife's iPhone was replaced brand new and I went to get a new one at the Apple Store! (does not cover LOST cellphones)

AMEX http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5335-phone-insurance-a-rip-off/?p=265800

Discover: First 90 days if stolen or lost (which applecare and TEP DONT COVER)

This actually came in the mail today:

3ltOks9.jpg?2

What I am trying to say is: Stop spending money you don't have to spend!

Sprint used to use Asurion when I used them in the past. I don't know if they still do. Asurion has a big facility in Rapid City, South Dakota. Pass it all the time.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sprint used to use Asurion when I used them in the past. I don't know if they still do. Asurion has a big facility in Rapid City, South Dakota. Pass it all the time.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

It is still Asurion as recent as last February when a friend of mine did a Sprint claim.

• Like 1