Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

Yeah, staff is already in the midst of discussing S4GRU's policy on Framily.  We might like to set up a Framily thread where members can form groups of 7-10 to get the greatest monthly discount per line.  Expect an official decision relatively soon.

AJ

Another question (which may or may not be stupid---I may be missing something obvious) would be on the logistics of setup on these new plans.  Like, do all line/account owners have to be physically present at the same time in order to do this?  Or perhaps on a customer service phone call at the same time?  Or do the new plans come with some kind of unique ID where people can go into a store or call in separate, give them the ID and say 'I want to be added to this plan's ID' or the like?

How do the discounts work then? I get 25% off with my sears discount. Would each line get 25% off then and then data is extra($10 for 3gigs or $20 for unlimited)? So 7-10 lines would be $25 and my 25% discount would make each line $18.75 plus $20 for unlimited for a total of $38.75 plus tax?

Yes to these plan changes! I love this! So existing customers can pay off subsidy to switch lines to a full no contract is what I wonder as I would do that!

So if someone leaves a group the cost goes up? This could result in upsets, I think a s4gru policy would be sensible.

For that reason, I think groups of 10 would be preferable.  As I understand it, the maximum monthly discount is reached at seven lines.  But 10 lines would allow some leeway for up to three members to leave a group without affecting the monthly cost per line for the others.

AJ

• Like 3

How do the discounts work then? I get 25% off with my sears discount. Would each line get 25% off then and then data is extra($10 for 3gigs or $20 for unlimited)? So 7-10 lines would be $25 and my 25% discount would make each line $18.75 plus $20 for unlimited for a total of $38.75 plus tax?

If I had to guess, any discount would be off of whatever data charge you got extra (if anything) like with the plans introduced last year.

From what I have read so far, the usual corporate type discounts do not apply to the standard monthly service charges.  However, discounts do apply to the data portion for those who opt to purchase the 3 GB or "unlimited" data packages.

AJ

So only data gets the discount? Kinda weird since 1gig is now included for free and you don't have to get an extra data package.

If you do not opt for an added data package, then you do not get any additional discount -- just the Framily discount.

It makes sense.  Otherwise, Sprint would be giving away the farm with stacked discounts.

AJ

This might be perfect!  I've got myself, my wife, my mom and her boyfriend on my family plan, and my brother about to join us.  His wife didn't want to jump on board, so we were paying around $54 per line after my discount.

My sister and her husband are also on Sprint, so if we bring my sister-in-law on board, and my sister and her husband, all with unlimited data, we've got a total of 8 lines, so we're paying $45 per line, plus taxes and fees?

I think that ends up cheaper for everyone PLUS, they can call get billed in their own little group instead of me paying monthly for everyone and then getting paid later individually.

There are no discounts.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Definitely not complaining as this sounds cheaper than my anytime(?) 1500 plan with 5 lines that I currently have. And that comes to about $48 each line with taxes right now and this plan would be $40 each line plus taxes. So a little cheaper, which is always better.

There are no discounts.

The corporate type discounts can still be applied to the 3 GB and "unlimited" data add on charges, correct?  Am I misreading that?

AJ

• Like 1

Definitely not complaining as this sounds cheaper than my anytime(?) 1500 plan with 5 lines that I currently have. And that comes to about $48 each line with taxes right now and this plan would be $40 each line plus taxes. So a little cheaper, which is always better.

Same boat as me, but we have to factor in phone costs, since this doesn't allow phone subsidies... no more 2 year upgrades at a reduced cost?

Same boat as me, but we have to factor in phone costs, since this doesn't allow phone subsidies... no more 2 year upgrades at a reduced cost?

Looks to be the same as t-mobiles plans(only cheaper). Pay all up front or make payments on the phone. Or, keep your current phone.

• Like 1

Another question (which may or may not be stupid---I may be missing something obvious) would be on the logistics of setup on these new plans.  Like, do all line/account owners have to be physically present at the same time in order to do this?  Or perhaps on a customer service phone call at the same time?  Or do the new plans come with some kind of unique ID where people can go into a store or call in separate, give them the ID and say 'I want to be added to this plan's ID' or the like?

Can any Sprint employee reading the thread shed any light on the above?

The corporate type discounts can still be applied to the 3 GB and "unlimited" data add on charges, correct? Am I misreading that?

AJ

You are correct i just read it wrong

Can any Sprint employee reading the thread shed any light on the above?

I am guessing that the Framily additions are done simply by phone number, then confirmed by the respective account holders if the lines are tied to separate accounts.  After all, since the monthly charges are separately liable, no one is likely to complain about being added to a Framily group -- because monthly charges would be reduced.

AJ

The first account moves to framily and gets a framily number. Which is like an account number.

Your framily then goes in and starts a sprint account and provides the framily number, phone number and last name.

The "owner" will get notified when some one joins or leaves the framily. He can also see online what numbers are in his framily.

At no time is personal or billing details shared. Each account with in the group is that account holders responsibility.

• Like 7

As long as you give back your device that is on easy pay or pay it off.

• Like 1

The first account moves to framily and gets a framily number. Which is like an account number.Your framily then goes in and starts a sprint account and provides the framily number, phone number and last name.The "owner" will get notified when some one joins or leaves the framily. He can also see online what numbers are in his framily.At no time is personal or billing details shared. Each account with in the group is that account holders responsibility.Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Awesome, thanks for the response Rocket!

Thanks. So the 3GB and 1GB plans do not qualify for the annual upgrades on Easy Pay?

My understanding is no, they would be eligible for an upgrade after paying off the device.